Change the name of Israel

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Re: Change the name of Israel

Post by JimC » Tue May 15, 2018 10:55 pm

Strontium Dog wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 9:40 pm
Clearly they should let Palestinians storm the fence and massacre Israelis. Or something.
Rubber bullets and lots of teargas would have been a better option, surely...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Tue May 15, 2018 11:11 pm

JimC wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 10:55 pm
Strontium Dog wrote:
Clearly they should let Palestinians storm the fence and massacre Israelis. Or something.
Rubber bullets and tear gas for a peaceful protest with kids involved?
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Strontium Dog
About me: Navy Seals are not seals

Post by Strontium Dog » Tue May 15, 2018 11:34 pm

Joe wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 10:33 pm
I hear all the claims and counter claims, and I don't know fuck all about it because I'm just an ordinary Joe. But I can spot a trend, and it doesn't look good for the Palestinians.

The Palestinian population in the West Bank (and Gaza) has increased even more over time.

100% verifiable facts or your money back. Anti-fascist. Enemy of woo - theistic or otherwise. Cloth is not an antiviral. Imagination and fantasy is no substitute for tangible reality. Wishing doesn't make it real.

"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear" - George Orwell

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Barry Goldwater

Strontium Dog

Post by Strontium Dog » Tue May 15, 2018 11:36 pm

JimC wrote:
Strontium Dog wrote:
The IDF uses both of those, which is why the ratio of killed to injured is about 1:50. Nevertheless, rubber bullets only have a short range, and tear gas is subject to wind direction, hence the use of live fire as a last resort against those attempting to breach the fence.
100% verifiable facts or your money back. Anti-fascist. Enemy of woo - theistic or otherwise. Cloth is not an antiviral. Imagination and fantasy is no substitute for tangible reality. Wishing doesn't make it real.

"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear" - George Orwell

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Barry Goldwater

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Tue May 15, 2018 11:38 pm

Strontium Dog wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 11:34 pm
The Palestinian population in the West Bank (and Gaza) has increased even more over time.
Looks like the Israeli's tactics aren't as effective as you'd thought.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Tue May 15, 2018 11:38 pm

Strontium Dog wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 11:36 pm
JimC wrote:
Strontium Dog wrote:
The IDF uses both of those, which is why the ratio of killed to injured is about 1:50. Nevertheless, rubber bullets only have a short range, and tear gas is subject to wind direction, hence the use of live fire as a last resort against those attempting to breach the fence.
Monsterous.

Strontium Dog

Post by Strontium Dog » Tue May 15, 2018 11:43 pm

Animavore wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 11:38 pm
Strontium Dog wrote:
Eh? Israel is attempting to stop an invasion, not to wipe out the Palestinians.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Tue May 15, 2018 11:44 pm

Strontium Dog wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 11:43 pm
Animavore wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 11:38 pm
Strontium Dog wrote:
Eh? Israel is attempting to stop an invasion, not to wipe out the Palestinians.
Wow!

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Wed May 16, 2018 12:29 am

JimC wrote:
Strontium Dog wrote:
All I meant was in comparison to live rounds. Realistically, Israel was not going to stand by and let them surge over the border. If they weren't so bloody minded, they could have achieved the same effect with less deaths.
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Wed May 16, 2018 12:39 am

JimC wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 12:29 am
JimC wrote:
Strontium Dog wrote:
All I meant was in comparison to live rounds. Realistically, Israel was not going to stand by and let them surge over the border. If they weren't so bloody minded, they could have achieved the same effect with less deaths.
Who was trying to surge the border? The protesters were on the opposite side of a buffer zone.

Strontium Dog

Post by Strontium Dog » Wed May 16, 2018 12:51 am

JimC wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 12:29 am
JimC wrote:
Strontium Dog wrote:
You're right. Just because Hamas sends waves of people into a shooting gallery does not excuse Israel for obliging. I've no doubt that things like water cannon could have been utilised that would have kept casualties to a minimum. Although the Hamas operatives setting up bombs along the fence were probably fair game.

Joe

Post by Joe » Wed May 16, 2018 1:15 am

Strontium Dog wrote:
Joe wrote:
I hear all the claims and counter claims, and I don't know fuck all about it because I'm just an ordinary Joe. But I can spot a trend, and it doesn't look good for the Palestinians.

Yeah, but as the number of settlers grows, so does their political clout, and the Israeli government will be pulled into the West Bank to protect their interests.

That's why the US government reneged on so many treaties with the Native American nations. Settlers pushed onto tribal land and screamed for protection when the natives tried to kick them out.

It's already happening.
Israel passes bill to seize private Palestinian land for Jewish settlements

JERUSALEM — Israel’s parliament passed a contentious law late Monday that allows the state to seize land privately owned by Palestinians in the West Bank and grant the properties to Jewish settlements for their exclusive use.

The measure is designed to protect homes in Jewish settlements, built on private Palestinian property “in good faith or at the state’s instruction,” from possible court-ordered evacuation and demolition.

Thousands of homes in dozens of settlements and outposts may now be protected, at least temporarily. The bill is probably headed for a high court challenge.

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu supports the legislation and has told his constituents that no government had done more for the settlers. On Monday, the Israeli leader said he had informed the Trump White House that a vote on the legislation was imminent.

Israeli legislators in the opposition condemned the bill as reckless and warned that it would turn the world against Israel while goading prosecutors at the International Criminal Court in The Hague to take action against the Jewish state.

The bill passed on a vote of 60 to 52.
So far, it's been upheld. What other country exercises eminent domain outside its borders?

Seeing how it ended up in my country, I'm not optimistic for the Palestinians.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Wed May 16, 2018 1:20 am

Strontium Dog wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 9:52 pm
Pointing out that Israel's tactics worked effectively is probably not the best argument.
Shooting unarmed and often peaceful protesters. Go terrorist state!!
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Wed May 16, 2018 1:22 am

Strontium Dog wrote:
Joe wrote:

What does that have to do with illegal Israeli settlements?
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Wed May 16, 2018 1:24 am

Strontium Dog wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 11:36 pm
JimC wrote:
Strontium Dog wrote:
Rubber bullets can only shoot short range from the fence, therefore use live ammo when people are only a short range from the fence. Good reasoning there. :tup: