Change the name of Israel

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Re: Change the name of Israel

Post by Forty Two » Mon May 21, 2018 1:07 pm

pErvinalia wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 12:56 pm
Forty Two wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 11:12 am
pErvinalia wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 11:47 pm

Dude, you fucked up. Just own your damn words. There were unarmed protesters killed. So when you said "they weren't unarmed", you were indisputably wrong.

And stop embarrassing yourself over the other incident. I explained clearly and logically why the bit after the comma was utterly irrelevant. You have something very wrong going on inside your head.
This is nonsense. You didn't explain anything "clearly and logically," because that's beyond your capacity. You quotemined, snipping a part of a sentence, and ignored the "except" portion which anyone can see did, in fact, limit the primary clause with an "exception." You sit there declaring there is something wrong with someone else, and declaring other people have a problem with English or with logic, and this is the nonsense you're trying to sell. Stop being ridiculous.
Link to the thread/post and I'll explain it again for you (in that thread, so as not to pollute this thread with more of your fucking nonsense).
Not interested in you moronic trolling. You should be busy checking the tire pressure on your house, anyway.

pErvinalia wrote:
And, you quotemined my post about the Palestinians. I very clearly explained that not every one of them was armed.
So why the fuck did you say they weren't unarmed?!? How in any way can this make sense??
I already explained this to you, and you have to read more than one sentence. The entire paragraph explains it. Israel was responding to the armed attacks. That doesn't mean every, single of the 40,000 Palestinians were armed.

Your dishonesty is mind-boggling. I don't think highly of your mental capacity, but you can't be as dim as you're making it appear.
pErvinalia wrote:
In every war there ever was, there were some people killed who were unarmed. This is not a controversial topic. You are purposefully lying about what I posted, so that you can pretend I said something I did not.
YOU wrote that they weren't unarmed!
They weren't. Many were armed. You wouldn't say a group is unarmed just because some of them are unarmed. By your idiot logic, an army is unarmed if they have medical personnel among them that aren't carrying weapons.

There were armed Palestinians there. They were attacking the border fence. They were attacking Israeli positions. They were burning tires to provide covered for their armed attacks. They were not "unarmed." And, I placed the caveat that, like every other fucking conflict that ever existed in the history of mankind, some people injured and killed are unarmed. Some of the individuals being unarmed does not make the group "unarmed."

I mean - the fact that this exchange is still has you on it like a dog on a bone just shows your goal here is to ruin any discussion that disagrees with your narrative. You take whatever opportunity you can to pull a partial quote, and declare that any context, any qualification, any discussion to elaborate meaning, none of that matters. It's just you grabbing a blurb, even a partial sentence, and ignoring obvious meaning.

You are a dishonest troll, you lie constantly. You do this to create controversy and drama and score whatever juvenile idiot-points you think you're scoring. But, you are just a mendacious poseur, with a limited intellect.

Fuck off.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Mon May 21, 2018 1:25 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 1:07 pm
Your dishonesty is mind-boggling.
This is just embarrassingly transparent. You just mirror accusations back at people. I'm not dishonest, except by your twisted interpretation of the English language. No one else accuses me of being dishonest. You, however, are regularly accused of dishonest practices, by multiple people. You'd think that would tell you something...
pErvinalia wrote:
In every war there ever was, there were some people killed who were unarmed. This is not a controversial topic. You are purposefully lying about what I posted, so that you can pretend I said something I did not.
YOU wrote that they weren't unarmed!
They weren't. Many were armed. You wouldn't say a group is unarmed just because some of them are unarmed. By your idiot logic, an army is unarmed if they have medical personnel among them that aren't carrying weapons.
Brian was SPECIFICALLY talking about the protesters that were killed. You said they weren't unarmed. Some of them were. You are unequivocally wrong. Own your own words for once in your miserable life!
You are a dishonest troll, you lie constantly. You do this to create controversy and drama and score whatever juvenile idiot-points you think you're scoring. But, you are just a mendacious poseur, with a limited intellect.

Fuck off.
You are just engaging in more dishonest tactics to avoid admitting that you got it wrong. Just because I disagree with a point you make, doesn't mean I'm trolling. It means I disagree with a point you made. I don't lie constantly, let alone at all, and the fact that no one other than you (the person who gets accused of dishonesty the most on these boards) thinks I lie, is telling. You are deflecting. The only reason these arguments go on and on is because you write thousands of words in an attempt to get out of accepting responsibility for what you write. You constantly do this, and then get all whiney when I don't just back down in the face of your walls of disingenuous text. If you want to save all the anguish, just be a decent human and admit when you are wrong. It's that simple.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Mon May 21, 2018 2:19 pm

pErvinalia wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 1:25 pm

Brian was SPECIFICALLY talking about the protesters that were killed. You said they weren't unarmed. Some of them were. You are unequivocally wrong. Own your own words for once in your miserable life!
I wasn't dishonest, because in that very same post, I specifically mentioned that some were unarmed. The woman, the 8 year old, the baby. They were unarmed. I was not unclear about that. Your dishonest presentation of a snippet - a quotemine - from my post is the problem.

Hamas admitted 50 or more of those killed were Hamas members fighting against the Israelis. They were armed with weapons. I was quite clear and consistent that I wasn't referring to every last person. But, only a complete and total fucking moron would suggest that saying "they" (a group of combatants or rioters) were not unarmed means that every last individual out of the group were armed. Even an army has unarmed people in the ranks, but nobody would ever say the army was unarmed.

Just cut it out, man. Stop.

Fuck off.
You are just engaging in more dishonest tactics to avoid admitting that you got it wrong. Just because I disagree with a point you make, doesn't mean I'm trolling. It means I disagree with a point you made. I don't lie constantly, let alone at all, and the fact that no one other than you (the person who gets accused of dishonesty the most on these boards) thinks I lie, is telling. You are deflecting. The only reason these arguments go on and on is because you write thousands of words in an attempt to get out of accepting responsibility for what you write. You constantly do this, and then get all whiney when I don't just back down in the face of your walls of disingenuous text. If you want to save all the anguish, just be a decent human and admit when you are wrong. It's that simple.
[/quote]

I have explained over and over again what I said, and what I said did not get anything wrong. Your quotemining of only part of my statement is the dishonesty here. You are using your quotemine and fabrication to troll.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Mon May 21, 2018 3:00 pm

Never wrong. :roll:
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Mon May 21, 2018 3:10 pm

Just read the posts, and stop snipping pieces out. When I said, they weren't unarmed, and explain in the next fucking sentence that it doesn't refer to every, single, last one of them, but to the group as a whole, referencing specific individuals who were unarmed, it is not the blanket statement you are pretending it to be. Jesus Christ, man, can you read past one sentence?

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Mon May 21, 2018 3:14 pm

You didn't refer to the group as a whole. And neither did Brian, who you were responding to. :fp: He was referring to the group that was killed.

Strontium Dog
About me: Navy Seals are not seals

Post by Strontium Dog » Mon May 21, 2018 3:25 pm

Hamas have come out and admitted that the unarmed protesters thing was just a pretext anyway, and that it's nonsense. Amusing to see Western apologists for Hamas still sticking to the line even after Hamas themselves have disavowed it.
100% verifiable facts or your money back. Anti-fascist. Enemy of woo - theistic or otherwise. Cloth is not an antiviral. Imagination and fantasy is no substitute for tangible reality. Wishing doesn't make it real.

"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear" - George Orwell

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Barry Goldwater

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Mon May 21, 2018 3:26 pm

Link?

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Mon May 21, 2018 3:35 pm

pErvinalia wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 3:14 pm
You didn't refer to the group as a whole. And neither did Brian, who you were responding to. :fp: He was referring to the group that was killed.
Are you saying the 8 year old and infant I specifically mentioned in that same three sentence paragraphe were people I claimed were armed?

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Mon May 21, 2018 3:37 pm

I think reading you two arguing makes me dumber, and I haven't got a lot of smarts to spare guys!

Strontium Dog
About me: Navy Seals are not seals

Post by Strontium Dog » Mon May 21, 2018 3:41 pm

http://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/israel/2018 ... eath-cycle
JERUSALEM, Israel – New facts are emerging about Monday's border conflict that left more than 60 Palestinians dead in confrontations with Israeli troops as they tried to breach the border between the Gaza Strip and Israel.

Much of the international media has accused Israel of killing innocent, unarmed Palestinians protesting in a spontaneous uprising they called the "Great March of Return." But Hamas officials reveal a very different story in their own words.

News coverage of Monday's riots seemed to show one side of the story: an uprising to protest the opening of the US Embassy in Jerusalem.

But MEMRI, the Middle East Media Research Institute, released a compilation of videos following Monday's confrontations that give a much different perspective.

For example, in an interview on Palestinian television, one Hamas official admitted that 50 of the 62 people killed were Hamas members, a group labeled a terrorist organization by the US State Department.

Mahmoud al-Zahar, a senior Hamas official, said this on the al Jazeera network:

"This is a clear terminological deception. So when we talk about 'peaceful resistance,' we are deceiving the public. This is a peaceful resistance bolstered by a military force and by security agencies," he admitted.
And Hamas Prime Minister Yahya Sinwar admitted the intention after breaching the fence was to massacre Israeli civilians:

“We will take down the border and we will tear out their hearts from their bodies.”
100% verifiable facts or your money back. Anti-fascist. Enemy of woo - theistic or otherwise. Cloth is not an antiviral. Imagination and fantasy is no substitute for tangible reality. Wishing doesn't make it real.

"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear" - George Orwell

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Barry Goldwater

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Mon May 21, 2018 3:50 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 3:35 pm
pErvinalia wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 3:14 pm
Are you saying the 8 year old and infant I specifically mentioned in that same three sentence paragraphe were people I claimed were armed?
Just because your paragraph was contradictory doesn't mean that your first sentence isn't wrong. You responded to Brian who was referring specifically to those protesters killed. You responded with "They weren't unarmed". Some of them were unarmed. Only you could think that these two cases aren't incompatible.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Mon May 21, 2018 3:50 pm

Sean Hayden wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 3:37 pm
I think reading you two arguing makes me dumber, and I haven't got a lot of smarts to spare guys!
Just read my posts. You'll get smarter. :D

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Mon May 21, 2018 3:52 pm

Strontium Dog wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 3:41 pm
http://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/israel/2018 ... eath-cycle
JERUSALEM, Israel – New facts are emerging about Monday's border conflict that left more than 60 Palestinians dead in confrontations with Israeli troops as they tried to breach the border between the Gaza Strip and Israel.

Much of the international media has accused Israel of killing innocent, unarmed Palestinians protesting in a spontaneous uprising they called the "Great March of Return." But Hamas officials reveal a very different story in their own words.

News coverage of Monday's riots seemed to show one side of the story: an uprising to protest the opening of the US Embassy in Jerusalem.

But MEMRI, the Middle East Media Research Institute, released a compilation of videos following Monday's confrontations that give a much different perspective.

For example, in an interview on Palestinian television, one Hamas official admitted that 50 of the 62 people killed were Hamas members, a group labeled a terrorist organization by the US State Department.

Mahmoud al-Zahar, a senior Hamas official, said this on the al Jazeera network:

"This is a clear terminological deception. So when we talk about 'peaceful resistance,' we are deceiving the public. This is a peaceful resistance bolstered by a military force and by security agencies," he admitted.
And Hamas Prime Minister Yahya Sinwar admitted the intention after breaching the fence was to massacre Israeli civilians:

“We will take down the border and we will tear out their hearts from their bodies.”
Nowhere does that say that all the protesters were armed.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Mon May 21, 2018 4:28 pm