Change the name of Israel

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Re: Change the name of Israel

Post by Forty Two » Mon May 21, 2018 9:51 pm

Animavore wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 6:35 pm
42 is on ignore. And even if true the mass murder conducted isn't excused. Not that I would believe any videos posted by a habitual liar like him without a massive code of skepticism.
Habitual liar? I haven't lied at all.

But what value is your contribution. If your IQ is over 80, I'd be surprised.

You wouldn't believe evidence that contradicted your preconceived notions if it bit you in the ass. That's because you fall for narratives. You don't listen to advice. You're as bad as the religious nutters.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Mon May 21, 2018 9:54 pm

Strontium Dog wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 6:31 pm
Animavore wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 6:26 pm
Strontium Dog wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 6:25 pm
Animavore wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 5:59 pm
The Christian Broadcasting Network! A news site run by Pet Robertson.

:hilarious:
So what? Either the quotes are accurate, or they're not. Protip: they're accurate.

Come back with a report from a website not steeped in Islamaphobic bigotry.
Facts are facts, it doesn't matter who is presenting them.

42 has provided you with videos of those exact individuals saying those exact words.
The persons' own words is not the primary source. Until it's been reworded by The Guardian, The DailyKos or DemocracyNOW, the words could mean anything. A word for word transcript? A person's own words on video? Worthless!
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Mon May 21, 2018 9:57 pm

Animavore wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 6:26 pm
Strontium Dog wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 6:25 pm
Animavore wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 5:59 pm
The Christian Broadcasting Network! A news site run by Pet Robertson.

So what? Either the quotes are accurate, or they're not. Protip: they're accurate.

Come back with a report from a website not steeped in Islamaphobic bigotry.
Islamaphobic bigotry?

Islam sucks ass. It's a mother lode of bad ideas. It's a shit moral guide. It's a violent religion with hateful passages of bronze age nonsense calling for the worship of a non-existent deity and whose militaristic charlatan of a "prophet" (piss be upon him) is a complete fraud and falsehood foisted on the people by the point of the sword and the gun. It's the world's largest cult.

Fuck Islam. Fuck it.

How's that?

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Mon May 21, 2018 10:59 pm

Strontium Dog wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 9:19 pm
Animavore wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 6:46 pm
According to a hateful, zealous, Christian website with a doomsday agenda.

Yes. I got that.
Yep, keep ignoring the fact that the quotes are factual, it really makes your argument look reasonable.
And how do you think linking to fundy websites makes you look?
Are you gonna start linking to InfoWars next?
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Mon May 21, 2018 11:01 pm

JimC wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 8:50 pm
Again, the total polarisation.

Either Hamas are brave resistance fighters and Israel (and often Jews in general) are evil warmongers whose country should be expunged...

Or the Israeli government and its brave soldiers are fighting to protect their borders, always using the minimum violence possible, and Hamas (and often Palestinians in general) are fanatical Islamic extremists wanting to utterly destroy Israel and kill all the Jews.

How about a pox on both their sides?
How about supporting an occupied country against an aggressive, occupying force?

That's what I do. Though my country has a history of this stuff.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Strontium Dog
About me: Navy Seals are not seals

Post by Strontium Dog » Mon May 21, 2018 11:59 pm

Animavore wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 10:59 pm
Strontium Dog wrote:
Animavore wrote:

Yes. I got that.
Yep, keep ignoring the fact that the quotes are factual, it really makes your argument look reasonable.
It was the first site that came up in a Google search for the quote, ironically because I didn't want to link Mark Regev's article in the Mail where I read it first. I thought it was CBS, as you can tell I was in a rush, some of us have to work for a living.

I don't think the source matters one jot, so long as the actual content is accurate. I'm not sure why you want to ignore the material fact of the quote and focus on irrelevant things like who carried the quote.
100% verifiable facts or your money back. Anti-fascist. Enemy of woo - theistic or otherwise. Cloth is not an antiviral. Imagination and fantasy is no substitute for tangible reality. Wishing doesn't make it real.

"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear" - George Orwell

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Barry Goldwater

Strontium Dog

Post by Strontium Dog » Tue May 22, 2018 12:01 am

Animavore wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 11:01 pm
JimC wrote:

Either Hamas are brave resistance fighters and Israel (and often Jews in general) are evil warmongers whose country should be expunged...

Or the Israeli government and its brave soldiers are fighting to protect their borders, always using the minimum violence possible, and Hamas (and often Palestinians in general) are fanatical Islamic extremists wanting to utterly destroy Israel and kill all the Jews.

How about supporting an occupied country against an aggressive, occupying force?

Some people may feel that if the occupied country is a repressive theocracy that wants to brutalise women and homosexuals, while the occupying force is a secular democracy with sexual equality, that that pushes things into grey area territory.
100% verifiable facts or your money back. Anti-fascist. Enemy of woo - theistic or otherwise. Cloth is not an antiviral. Imagination and fantasy is no substitute for tangible reality. Wishing doesn't make it real.

"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear" - George Orwell

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Barry Goldwater

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Tue May 22, 2018 12:06 am

Strontium Dog wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 12:01 am
Animavore wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 11:01 pm
JimC wrote:

Some people may feel that if the occupied country is a repressive theocracy that wants to brutalise women and homosexuals, while the occupying force is a secular democracy with sexual equality, that that pushes things into grey area territory.
Colonialist, superiority bullshit. The feckless savages need to be tamed. Yadda. Yadda. Heard it all before.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Tue May 22, 2018 12:07 am

Strontium Dog wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 11:59 pm
Animavore wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 10:59 pm
Strontium Dog wrote:
Animavore wrote:

Yes. I got that.
It was the first site that came up in a Google search for the quote, ironically because I didn't want to link Mark Regev's article in the Mail where I read it first. I thought it was CBS, as you can tell I was in a rush, some of us have to work for a living.

I don't think the source matters one jot, so long as the actual content is accurate. I'm not sure why you want to ignore the material fact of the quote and focus on irrelevant things like who carried the quote.
I do think the source matters. I think it matters a great deal.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Tue May 22, 2018 12:17 am

You've been given other sources for the same material, including video/audio of the quoted persons speaking the words out loud. What more could you possibly want?

Also, the issue of "occupation" depends firstly on what land you are including within the definition of "occupy." I think you'd have a point if you're talking about Area C in the West Bank. However, if you're talking about Israel proper, then it's not an occupation.

Israel is in a bad spot, though, because if they pulled their military and police out of Area C, then the Jews living there would be wiped out, or forced out. Arab Muslims can live in Israel just fine, but in the West Bank, they're under seige.

But, then again, that's just fine and dandy if one believes the land has a religion.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Tue May 22, 2018 1:05 am

Strontium Dog wrote:
pErvinalia wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 3:52 pm
Nowhere does that say that all the protesters were armed.
And nowhere did I say that either. How odd.
Yeah you did. You said that the "unarmed protesters thing" was nonsense.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Tue May 22, 2018 1:10 am

Forty Two wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 9:44 pm
For some reason, when a Republican President is in office, UN auspices are a matter of international law and must be followed, because the UN has the final warmaking powers.
A Republican president has nothing to do with criticism of Israel. Stop being so ridiculously partisan. Israel has been criticised continually for many decades. And rightly so.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Tue May 22, 2018 2:17 am

JimC wrote:
I say we take of and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Strontium Dog

Post by Strontium Dog » Tue May 22, 2018 3:56 pm

Animavore wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 12:06 am
Colonialist, superiority bullshit. The feckless savages need to be tamed. Yadda. Yadda. Heard it all before.
So you're denying the Islamist nature of the Palestinian territories? Or you don't think it matters?

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Tue May 22, 2018 5:05 pm

Strontium Dog wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 3:56 pm
Animavore wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 12:06 am
So you're denying the Islamist nature of the Palestinian territories? Or you don't think it matters?
I think it's no business of Israel, Britain, or the US how Palestine wants to run its own country. It's up to them to find their own way without subjugation or force.

Hundreds of years of colonising, oppressing, and enslaving people and some of you Brits still haven't learnt a damn thing.