US Election 2020

Post Reply
User avatar
pErvinalia
Off his meds
Posts: 51552
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:08 pm
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'
Location: dystopia
Contact:

Re: US Election 2020

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:53 am

What a piece of work. What's his role with Bernie?
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"My penis is VERY small" - Cunt.

User avatar
Hermit
Posts: 21259
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:44 am
Contact:

Re: US Election 2020

Post by Hermit » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:13 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:53 am
What a piece of work. What's his role with Bernie?
Kyle Jurek is (more likely was) a field organiser in Bernie Sanders's Iowa campaign.
Hermit wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:15 pm
People who quote themselves are either neurotic arseholes or inveterate trolls or both.

User avatar
Seabass
Posts: 4856
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:32 pm
About me: :sigh:
Location: Ex-democracy
Contact:

Re: US Election 2020

Post by Seabass » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:44 am

Judicial Watch (JW) is an American conservative activist group[1] that files Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuits to investigate claimed misconduct by government officials.

Founded in 1994, JW has primarily targeted Democrats, in particular the Presidency of Bill Clinton, the Presidency of Barack Obama, and Hillary Clinton. The organization has described climate science as "fraud science" and has filed lawsuits against government climate scientists. JW has made numerous false and unsubstantiated claims that have been picked up by right-wing news outlets. Courts have dismissed the vast majority of its lawsuits.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judicial_Watch
Project Veritas is an American Right-wing activist group.[1][2][3][4] The group uses "disguises and hidden cameras to uncover supposed liberal bias and corruption".[1] The group is known for producing deceptively edited videos about media organizations and left-leaning groups.[5][2][6][7][8][9][10] In a 2018 book on propaganda and disinformation in U.S. politics, three Harvard University scholars refer to Project Veritas as a "right-wing disinformation outfit".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Veritas
James Edward O'Keefe III (born June 28, 1984) is an American conservative political activist.[2][3] He produces secretly recorded undercover audio and video encounters in academic, governmental, and social service organizations, purporting to show abusive or allegedly illegal behavior by employees and/or representatives of those organizations.[4] He has selectively edited videos to misrepresent the context of the conversations and the subjects' responses, creating the false impression that people said or did things they did not.[5][6][7][8][9]

He gained national attention for his deceptively edited video recordings of workers at Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (ACORN) offices in 2009, his arrest and guilty plea in 2010 for entering the federal office of then-U.S. Senator Mary Landrieu (D-LA) under false pretenses, and the release of misleading videos of conversations with two high-ranking, now former, NPR executives in 2011.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_O%27Keefe
The demagogue is one who preaches doctrines he knows to be untrue to men he knows to be idiots. ―H.L. Mencken

Bad government is the natural product of rule by those who believe government is bad. —Thomas Frank

Nationalism is an infantile disease. It is the measles of mankind. —Einstein
I’m a nationalist. —Trump

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country. —Hermann Göring

User avatar
Hermit
Posts: 21259
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:44 am
Contact:

Re: US Election 2020

Post by Hermit » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:52 am

Seabass wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:44 am
Judicial Watch (JW) is an American conservative activist group[1] that files Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuits to investigate claimed misconduct by government officials.

Founded in 1994, JW has primarily targeted Democrats, in particular the Presidency of Bill Clinton, the Presidency of Barack Obama, and Hillary Clinton. The organization has described climate science as "fraud science" and has filed lawsuits against government climate scientists. JW has made numerous false and unsubstantiated claims that have been picked up by right-wing news outlets. Courts have dismissed the vast majority of its lawsuits.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judicial_Watch
Project Veritas is an American Right-wing activist group.[1][2][3][4] The group uses "disguises and hidden cameras to uncover supposed liberal bias and corruption".[1] The group is known for producing deceptively edited videos about media organizations and left-leaning groups.[5][2][6][7][8][9][10] In a 2018 book on propaganda and disinformation in U.S. politics, three Harvard University scholars refer to Project Veritas as a "right-wing disinformation outfit".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Veritas
James Edward O'Keefe III (born June 28, 1984) is an American conservative political activist.[2][3] He produces secretly recorded undercover audio and video encounters in academic, governmental, and social service organizations, purporting to show abusive or allegedly illegal behavior by employees and/or representatives of those organizations.[4] He has selectively edited videos to misrepresent the context of the conversations and the subjects' responses, creating the false impression that people said or did things they did not.[5][6][7][8][9]

He gained national attention for his deceptively edited video recordings of workers at Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (ACORN) offices in 2009, his arrest and guilty plea in 2010 for entering the federal office of then-U.S. Senator Mary Landrieu (D-LA) under false pretenses, and the release of misleading videos of conversations with two high-ranking, now former, NPR executives in 2011.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_O%27Keefe
All true. The video our member from Yellowknife posted does reveal a real nutcase who worked as a field officer for the Sanders campaign in Iowa, though, don't you agree?
Hermit wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:15 pm
People who quote themselves are either neurotic arseholes or inveterate trolls or both.

User avatar
Seabass
Posts: 4856
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:32 pm
About me: :sigh:
Location: Ex-democracy
Contact:

Re: US Election 2020

Post by Seabass » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:18 am

The guy is a dick, but does he actually work for the Sanders campaign?
The demagogue is one who preaches doctrines he knows to be untrue to men he knows to be idiots. ―H.L. Mencken

Bad government is the natural product of rule by those who believe government is bad. —Thomas Frank

Nationalism is an infantile disease. It is the measles of mankind. —Einstein
I’m a nationalist. —Trump

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country. —Hermann Göring

User avatar
Hermit
Posts: 21259
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:44 am
Contact:

Re: US Election 2020

Post by Hermit » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:07 am

Seabass wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:18 am
The guy is a dick, but does he actually work for the Sanders campaign?
Good question.

tl:dr version

I just googled for any mention of him on https://berniesanders.com/ and https://berniesanders.com/iowa/. Results:

Your search - kyle jurek site:https://berniesanders.com/ - did not match any documents.
Your search - kyle jurek site:https://berniesanders.com/iowa/ - did not match any documents.

There are three possibilities:

Kyle Jurek never had any connection with Bernie Sanders's election campaign.
Any mention of Kyle Jurek has been expunged from those sites.
Kyle Jurek appears on some other website officially affiliated with Bernie Sanders's election campaign that I have not searched for because it is not known to me.

Given that the video was published a month ago it's extraordinary that neither Sanders nor any of his spokespersons have made a single comment concerning Kyle Jurek. None I could find anyway, but then it could just have been buried by Google's algorithm. I have searched through to page 14 of its results, and all of them produced links to right wing websites. If Sanders or one of his spokespersons had issued a convincing statement that this is nothing but total bullshit, they'd hardly quote it, would they?


Short version: The jury is out on answering that one.
Hermit wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:15 pm
People who quote themselves are either neurotic arseholes or inveterate trolls or both.

User avatar
pErvinalia
Off his meds
Posts: 51552
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:08 pm
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'
Location: dystopia
Contact:

Re: US Election 2020

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:21 am

He's a right wing plant. No, not like a shrub.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"My penis is VERY small" - Cunt.

User avatar
Hermit
Posts: 21259
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:44 am
Contact:

Re: US Election 2020

Post by Hermit » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:56 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:21 am
He's a right wing plant. No, not like a shrub.
Yeah. Fuck that Joe Biden.
Hermit wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:15 pm
People who quote themselves are either neurotic arseholes or inveterate trolls or both.

User avatar
Tero
Just saying
Posts: 30753
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:50 pm
About me: Something something birds
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: US Election 2020

Post by Tero » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:25 pm

From Bella:
Q: Why did Andrew Yang drop out of the race?

A: Because he was afraid of getting into a tie.
http://karireport.blogspot.com/ (:_funny_:)
http://esapolitics.blogspot.com/
Dominus vo-bisque'em Et cum spear a tu-tu, oh!

User avatar
laklak
Posts: 17946
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:07 pm
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"
Location: Tannhauser Gate
Contact:

Re: US Election 2020

Post by laklak » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:44 pm

He's probably got Corona virus.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

User avatar
Tero
Just saying
Posts: 30753
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:50 pm
About me: Something something birds
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: US Election 2020

Post by Tero » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:48 pm

Asian joke?
http://karireport.blogspot.com/ (:_funny_:)
http://esapolitics.blogspot.com/
Dominus vo-bisque'em Et cum spear a tu-tu, oh!

User avatar
Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart
Posts: 9090
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:10 am
Contact:

Re: US Election 2020

Post by Cunt » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:08 pm

It DOES require expertise to evaluate the claim that they DID lock their accounts. I don't have it, so I won't count on it without a better confirmation (but thanks for checking)

This kind of reporting can be more than a little misleading.

How representative that guy is to Bernies policies would be best indicated by Bernies clear response. (Kyle Jurik was one of 2 or more such 'interviews' of Bernie staff)

I think his views are important to address, becuase if that runs through the campaign staff, Bernie should put a stop to it, or endorse it.

As I said though, it only really matters if he gets the nomination.

I think the one they posted with a Warren staffer speaking indelicately about trans people could be more damaging though. It seems a more 'hot-button' topic right now that re-education camps.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists
Cunt wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:40 am
JimC wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:25 am
Do you hate Jews, Cunt?
I need to try to remember who you are a little better.

User avatar
Tero
Just saying
Posts: 30753
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:50 pm
About me: Something something birds
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: US Election 2020

Post by Tero » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:15 pm

Bernie may have to draw a card in Nevada:
Finally, there’s one more unusual, perfect-for-Nevada twist — ties in the delegate allocation process will be resolved by, you guessed it, drawing cards. High card wins.
http://karireport.blogspot.com/ (:_funny_:)
http://esapolitics.blogspot.com/
Dominus vo-bisque'em Et cum spear a tu-tu, oh!

User avatar
Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart
Posts: 9090
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:10 am
Contact:

Re: US Election 2020

Post by Cunt » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:40 pm

We in Canada saw those sketchy coin-flips and LONG-reporting times such as in the early caucauses, it made us recommend a UN oversight of your election.

The world is watching.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists
Cunt wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:40 am
JimC wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:25 am
Do you hate Jews, Cunt?
I need to try to remember who you are a little better.

User avatar
Tero
Just saying
Posts: 30753
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:50 pm
About me: Something something birds
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: US Election 2020

Post by Tero » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:42 pm

Prediction: Biden is out by Supertuesday
http://karireport.blogspot.com/ (:_funny_:)
http://esapolitics.blogspot.com/
Dominus vo-bisque'em Et cum spear a tu-tu, oh!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 28 guests