Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Re: US Election 2020

Post by Tero » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:07 pm

pErvinalia wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:34 pm
Forty Two wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:05 pm
Howard Schultz is pissing people off by demonstrating just how Left the Democrat Party has lurched. https://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/p ... o-far-left
Schultz said the nation cannot afford the priorities of far-left Democrats, including full government-paid health insurance and college tuition. “We are sitting right now with a national debt of $21.5 trillion on the balance sheet of our country,” he said. “And if we were a company, if America was a company, at $21.5 trillion of debt, adding $1 trillion a year, we would be facing insolvency.”

In an interview on CBS’ This Morning, Schultz took issue with Senator (and presidential candidate) Kamala Harris’ (D-Calif.) plan to replace private health insurance with “Medicare for All.”

“You just played Senator Harris as saying she wants to abolish the insurance industry. That’s not correct. That’s not American,” Schultz said.

“What’s next?” Schultz asked. “What industry are we going to abolish next? The coffee industry?”
Could easily be paid for by reducing your ridiculous military budget.
Trump pulls outof UN and NATO, could happen!
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:17 pm

So, the Democratic party covers the center, the center-right, and the center-left, while the Republican party covers the far-right, the extreme-right, the batshit-right, and craziest of all, the evangelical right—but 42 thinks the Dems are the extreme ones.

How on earth can someone who has access to internet, books, libraries, TV, etc, be so divorced from reality? If he lived in a remote and desolate locale, totally cut off from civilization, it would be understandable...
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:40 pm

Cunt wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:48 pm
And I do dismiss most of what you write here, because it is anti-Trump. I already know you are anti-Trump. I don't need to read another article you copy which explains that you are STILL anti-Trump.
In other words: "Do as I say, not as I do."
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:57 pm

Seabass wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:17 pm
How on earth can someone who has access to internet, books, libraries, TV, etc, be so divorced from reality?
Years of explaining how black is really white, and vice versa. Practice makes perfect. Coito Two has done that so often for so long that he really believes his alternative version exists in actual reality. For instance, even though he objected to an Indiana-born judge, Gonzalo P. Curiel, on the grounds of his Mexican heritage, Trump is apparently as non-racist as they come. You see, Trump never ever lynched a negro in his life. Curiel, on the other hand, is a member of an anti-US organisation. QED! What more proof do you need that black really is white?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:48 pm

A problem with US elections is
1 all the disinformation spread thru social media
2 no checks on advertising BS spread, FOX news spread as news
Someone (rich fat cats saving on taxes? Joe sixpack? ) is spending a lot of money on Trump
https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/01/politics ... index.html
if Trump survives to run (or limp, wounded slightly) in 2020, this will be the most colorful election ever

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:29 pm

pErvinalia wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:37 pm
Forty Two wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:05 pm
But Schultz is absolutely right about his fellow Democrats. As we have pointed out many times in this space, the Democratic Party has veered to the
extreme left in recent years. So far, in fact, that it is now embracing an economic agenda that is to the left of any other industrialized nation — including China.

Top Democrats have, for example, bear-hugged Bernie Sanders' radical "Medicare for all" plan, which promises "free" government-provided health care benefits more generous than any other nation, and that would cost trillions of dollars a year.
How is it more generous than any other nation?
No cost sharing, etc. https://www.axios.com/medicare-for-all- ... ab897.html
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:45 am

Michael Moore predicts that if the Democrats field a politician Trump will be re-elected. What the Democrats need to do in order to win, says Moore, is to field a "well loved American".

It is well known that in the past several decades political campaigns have increasingly focused on emotion to win votes, but has anyone heard a more profoundly depressing condemnation of the US's psyche? FFS, Michael Moore better be wrong. I suspect he hopes so too.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:51 am

There are plenty of politicians around. Like bookkeepers or lawyers, their expertise, such as it is, can be brought in where needed.

Why NOT have a regular person in the White House? Are politicians so much better than a 'well loved American'?
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:01 am

Hermit wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:45 am
Michael Moore predicts that if the Democrats field a politician Trump will be re-elected. What the Democrats need to do in order to win, says Moore, is to field a "well loved American".

It is well known that in the past several decades political campaigns have increasingly focused on emotion to win votes, but has anyone heard a more profoundly depressing condemnation of the US's psyche? FFS, Michael Moore better be wrong. I suspect he hopes so too.
I think a politician is fine when they are a conviction politician like a Bernie Sanders or similar. The problem is crony capitalism where the political class's raison d'etre is to serve corporations, and sees them having to lie through their teeth to the ordinary person as if they have even the slightest interest in them. So basically the neoliberal centre of politics. They are all gross liars and care only about how to enrich themselves and their corporate mates. It's why people are so turned off by politicians now.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:14 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:01 am
Hermit wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:45 am

I think a politician is fine when they are a conviction politician like a Bernie Sanders or similar. The problem is crony capitalism where the political class's raison d'etre is to serve corporations, and sees them having to lie through their teeth to the ordinary person as if they have even the slightest interest in them. So basically the neoliberal centre of politics. They are all gross liars and care only about how to enrich themselves and their corporate mates. It's why people are so turned off by politicians now.
What you wrote right there, coupled with so many people being unwilling to soil themselves by getting into politics, makes for a great system.

For someone
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:51 am

Our political systems are inherently corrupting. To get to the point of electability requires large amounts of donations, and those donations come with implicit strings attached. I suspect a lot of politicians began all idealistic and pure, but soon come to realise that to succeed you have to play by the rules inherent in the system. It's why I think an ideological and people focussed party like the Greens here in Australia, if they found themselves in a position strong enough to form government, would become just as bad as the Labor Party or the Liberal Party.

I'm not sure how that applies to someone like Bernie Sanders, but I suspect he gets the majority of his funding from a large number of small donations as opposed to a small number of huge donations (i.e. from corporations).
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:07 am

it's been shown that the main forces acting on gov't are lobbyists. Voters just apply a slight tweak to that. luckily for the fat cats and lobbyists, the large stupid masses are easily led by political ads. This is due to the fact that they do not read much anymore and have short attention spans. MAGA was just that kind of simple concept to grasp while having your Bud Light and watching sports.

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:33 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:51 am
Our political systems are inherently corrupting. To get to the point of electability requires large amounts of donations, and those donations come with implicit strings attached. I suspect a lot of politicians began all idealistic and pure, but soon come to realise that to succeed you have to play by the rules inherent in the system. It's why I think an ideological and people focussed party like the Greens here in Australia, if they found themselves in a position strong enough to form government, would become just as bad as the Labor Party or the Liberal Party.
We've had a textbook example of that in 2000 when the Australian Democrats sold out on the GST issue. They sided with the conservative government in agreeing to add a 10% to the price of school textbooks. The ironic part was that in 1980 the Democrat's founder, Don Chipp, famously gave the party its guiding slogan. It was to "keep the bastards honest", the "bastards" being the major parties and/or politicians in general.

trdsf
About me: High functioning sociopath. With your number.

Post by trdsf » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:18 pm

Cunt wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:51 am
Why NOT have a regular person in the White House? Are politicians so much better than a 'well loved American'?
Have you looked at your average "regular person"? Thanks, no, I want someone if not exceptional, then at least above average. The American presidency is too big and complex a job to settle for less.

I don't expect perfection, but intelligence, experience, and a modicum of humanity will do.
"The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:21 pm

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/02/ ... trump.html
The poll even tested prompting respondents with favorable descriptions of Schultz — “Howard Schultz is a true American success story … He believes that the system is broken and there are extremists on both sides, and only an independent centrist can solve the problems that Republicans and Democrats refuse to fix.” — which nonetheless failed to coax more than 9 percent of the public to express support for Schultz’s campaign against any opponent. The polling still found that Schultz’s dismal percentage of support was nonetheless enough to swing the election to Donald Trump against most possible Democratic opponents. So it is simultaneously true that almost nobody likes Schultz and that he could pull enough votes to reelect Trump.