US Election 2020

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Re: US Election 2020

Post by Animavore » Wed May 30, 2018 5:24 pm

Trump IS the swamp.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Wed May 30, 2018 5:32 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 4:51 pm
pErvinalia wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 3:21 pm
You can't be taken seriously when you support Trump and call other people dumb. Trump is dumb as dog shit, and mentally fucked up on top of that.
Yawn. In the eyes of most Democrats and their non-American equivalents, the only smart Republican in the last 90 years was Nixon, and he was an evil-incarnate genius. There isn't a Republican candidate or President that isn't labeled an idiot or dumb by the American left. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/Arti ... aspx/21532 - it's always something to be suspicious of, when someone's playbook is invariably calling other people stupid..... it's usually projection and/or insecurity.
Usually? What are you basing this on? Trump is demonstrably stupid. No projection at all.
Dumb as dog shit, but you live in a trailer on the dole. LOL. What's that make you?
It doesn't make me dumb. It means I don't fit in with this busted up society. And this "trailer" is quite nice and in a stunning location thank you. I can fish in my backyard. I can ride my bike for about 5 minutes and be at a stunning endless beach with very few people on it. Apart from the stupid amount of site rent that I have to pay, it's the best place I've ever lived.

Regarding the dole, there's plenty of people on the dole, and for good reason. There's far more jobseekers than jobs. This is the reality of our world that conservatives and most liberals fail to accept. If they did accept it it would shatter the isolated cocoons that they live in. Un- and under-employment is only going to get worse as automation takes more and more jobs. This is a reality that sheltered middle class mummies boys just don't get.

Oh, and it's good to see you getting all offended on behalf of the Don. But come on, calling him stupid, when he demonstrably is, isn't really that shocking. Even you would have to agree that some of the things that he's done and said are fucking dumb. And remember, we are talking about the fucking most important job in the world. If we were talking about a middle manager somewhere, it wouldn't really matter if he wasn't the sharpest knife in the draw. But this cunt is the leader of the world, essentially. FFS, you've got to have some standards when it comes to that level of responsibility and importance. Basically your argument has always been, and is still, going by what you wrote above, that the more money someone has, the more gifted or intelligent they are. That's a pretty shallow argument.
You can't even buy your own groceries.
:think: I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean. You sure you aren't confusing me with your mum?
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Wed May 30, 2018 6:21 pm

Smart people tend to call Republicans dumb because Republicans tend to be dumb. Only 6% of American scientists vote Republican. That should tell you something about what smart people think of the Republican party and religious conservatism in general.

Trump's base consists mostly of non-college educated whites. If college were free in this country, Trump wouldn't have stood a chance.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Wed May 30, 2018 7:21 pm

Seabass wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 6:21 pm
Smart people tend to call Republicans dumb because Republicans tend to be dumb. Only 6% of American scientists vote Republican. That should tell you something about what smart people think of the Republican party and religious conservatism in general.

Trump's base consists mostly of non-college educated whites. If college were free in this country, Trump wouldn't have stood a chance.
"Educated" =/= "college" anymore.

White and wealthy voters gave victory to Donald Trump, exit polls show
Most white voters of both sexes and almost all ages and education levels backed the Republican https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... exit-polls

Among whites, Trump won an overwhelming share of those without a college degree; and among white college graduates – a group that many identified as key for a potential Clinton victory – Trump outperformed Clinton by a narrow 4-point margin.

Trump lost in relation to non-white college graduates, but he beat Clinton when it came to white college graduates, according to Pew Research.

The US in 2012 had a graduation rate of 39%, which was higher than Canada, Germany and many other countries. We're not behind on college grad rates. And, there aren't too many countries that offer "free college."
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Thu May 31, 2018 7:46 am

That is why public education is so lousy. Keep them dumb otherwise they might be dangerous.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Thu May 31, 2018 9:37 am

Yeah, that's how I see it. Have a good private education system that by its nature tends to be conservative, not progressive, and then continually cut funding to public education. As you say, that keeps most people too stupid to know what's really going on, and allows for an elite cadre of more conservative graduates to fill the jobs necessary to keep the whole sham running.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Thu May 31, 2018 9:59 am

Be careful now. :nervous: We might agree. :yayay:
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:15 pm

Changed my mind above, old white congressmen are out. Senate, some hanging on.

PRESIDENT
By STEVEN SHEPARD 08/22/2018 05:49 AM EDT
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
The 2020 presidential election is still more than 800 days away, but a new POLITICO/Morning Consult poll shows President Donald Trump with paltry levels of support when matched up with nearly a dozen would-be Democratic opponents.

Against the two best-known candidates — former Vice President Joe Biden and Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) — Trump trails 12 percentage points and is mired in the low 30s. Biden leads Trump, 43 percent to 31 percent, and Sanders’ lead over the president is virtually the same, 44 percent to 32 percent.

Trump also trails Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) — the first-term senator he has mocked as “Pocahontas,” which Warren calls a racial slur — but by a smaller margin, 34 percent to 30 percent. A plurality of voters, 36 percent, are undecided.
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/08/ ... hup-790890

Trump will need to pull off some miracle to get a good chunk of independents. Independents, if voting, do not have much patience. You get 4 years and if nothing changed for ME, then, next!!!!
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:22 pm

My last blog entry:
A Big Challenge
President Trump has raised over 30 million for his re-election. The supporters donate on line every time the presidency is challenged.

The problem with the election in 2020 is that Trump already has a message and it is working in a large part of the right wing and independent voters: America First!

Such a simple message is absolutely what works in today's Twitter world. The tweet length messages are easy to respond to and force a gut feel response in voters. A feel for support for those threatened and a feel of hate for those that are the target or support groups Trump and his folk absolutely hate.

I would not be too focused on what the voters can be given (healthcare, education, jobs etc) but go full force in some kind of TRUMP IS EVIL message. Never mind that Republicans are offended by coarse language. They will never vote for a Democrat anyway. Convey in simple terms that he is a hateful asshole.

If the Democrats are running a woman, I have to say that Hillary will be the one best equipped to challenge his every act and word. It will be easy for Trump to just label her "Loser Hillary." But she could just go full force on Trump supporters this time:

If the candidate is another woman, I would get a male VP partner. The woman candidate can focus on the working classes that were ignored last time. They want simple things: jobs and healthcare. Do not offer them community college as a solution. You only have four years to help them. A raised minimum wage will work well. Their children can be offered the education. Then, with the caring candidate, you add a man VP candidate whose job is to go after Trump daily in the most clever and quick witted response and basically to be the attack dog.

I'll just offer a simple slogan: Vote for (Democrat), we care! Trump does not care about you.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:27 pm

The line to get to the Trump rally in Houston formed more than a day in advance. More people showed than could fit in the venue. Four times the number that showed up to see Obama at UNLV. https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/22/us/t ... scene.html
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:02 pm

Texas is a big state. With voter suppression across the state they can beat a Democrat. I think Cruz will last 6 years and be gone. With a Democrat winning, that would piss off Republicans to hang on to seats in house 2022. But still, state is going Latino. Make babies!

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:29 pm

Tero wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:02 pm
Texas is a big state. With voter suppression across the state they can beat a Democrat. I think Cruz will last 6 years and be gone. With a Democrat winning, that would piss off Republicans to hang on to seats in house 2022. But still, state is going Latino. Make babies!
You mean the Democrat voter fraud rings that were created to stuff the ballot boxes? https://www.star-telegram.com/news/loca ... 20740.html

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:43 pm

Attachments
Lebowski 2020.jpg
Lebowski 2020.jpg (54.21 KiB) Viewed 7346 times
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:56 pm

I usually vote for down-ticket Democrats.

I'm not doing that this time.

Republicans all the way, or libertarians.

My representative should hold his seat. He dominates in my area.

I am really wondering about the turnout in the midterms here - usually, high turnout is bad for the incumbent. But, this time around I saw people waiting for 24+ hours to have a chance to be at a Trump rally, and 100,000 showed up to compete for about 30,000 seats.

Every Trump rally is huge. The Democrats, even Obama, have crowds that CNN and MSNBC have to focus in closely on, and smush everyone together to pretend it's a larger crowd than it is. They are hiding the fervency behind Trump.

I am not sure. I suspect the GOP will lose the House, and that's a shame. We are making such good progress economically, foreign policy, militarily - the Democrats are so tied to the left now that they don't even view the good economics as a good thing.

What about Corey Booker's accuser? Getting constant play on CNN, right? LOL. Believe the victim! Unless it's an accuser of Corey Booker or Keith Ellison.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:46 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:29 pm
Tero wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:02 pm
You mean the Democrat voter fraud rings that were created to stuff the ballot boxes? https://www.star-telegram.com/news/loca ... 20740.html
Gerrymandering, Seattle groups dostracting Democrats with mailers to vote for ”different Drmocrats” and all the voter ID tricks. It’s bordering on illegal what Republicans do. Not to mention Russian Trolls.