US Election 2020

NineBerry
Tame Wolf

Re: US Election 2020

Post by NineBerry » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:12 am

They were a bit too slow. Both the electoral college votes and the parliamentarians were brought to safety just a bit too early.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:40 pm

That does sound like the main story.

Doesn't explain the group 'grandmas for trump' being in there very well, but they may have flowed in after the main breach.

I guess they must have expected to - barehanded, take the countries most protected people and use force on them. At least that's the story you guys are agreeing with.

I'm not convinced yet, that the story is that clean, but it does look exactly that way to all the big tech companies, who immediately and bravely censored republicans and some of their kooky ideas.

Good thing those wealthy tech platform owners have our best interests at heart. We should make them richer, as a thank-you.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:11 pm

Doesn't explain the group 'grandmas for trump' being in there very well, but they may have flowed in after the main breach.
Do you suppose they may not have "flowed in after the main breach", but may in fact have lead the group? No, so what's the point of this bit of "wondering aloud" exactly, except to inject yet another reference to grannies?
I guess they must have expected to - barehanded, take the countries most protected people and use force on them. At least that's the story you guys are agreeing with.
Several people have already explained to you that the goal was to stop the steal. What any individual person or the group as a whole envisioned that would look like is difficult to discern. It's likely some imagined they might actually detain officials. The people willing to beat a cop to death for instance. --a fact I haven't seen you mention yet next to your grannies for Trump line, but I guess a dead cop ain't got the same "optics" (stupid word) does it?
I'm not convinced yet, that the story is that clean, but it does look exactly that way to all the big tech companies, who immediately and bravely censored republicans and some of their kooky ideas.
Nobody has presented a clean story to you, that's pure fiction from you.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:37 pm

Cunt wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:40 pm
Good thing those wealthy tech platform owners have our best interests at heart.
How many forum members do you think share that opinion?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:48 pm

8?
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:51 pm

The disgraced former President-elect is going to dare show his ugly face in his first appearance since he cowardly slithered into hiding a week ago in less than an hour.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:30 pm

Hermit wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:37 pm
Cunt wrote:
Animavore wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:48 pm
8?
No, a lot less that that, Ani... :tea:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:32 pm

Animavore wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:51 pm
The disgraced former President-elect is going to dare show his ugly face in his first appearance since he cowardly slithered into hiding a week ago in less than an hour.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-01-13/ ... s/13053120
US President Donald Trump has called preparations to impeach him in US Congress "absolutely ridiculous" and said the movement was causing "tremendous anger".

Mr Trump, speaking as he boarded Marine One at the White House for a trip to Texas, called his likely impeachment in the House of Representatives on Wednesday a "continuation of the greatest witch hunt in the history of politics".

On impeachment, Mr Trump said it's "a really terrible thing that they're doing".
Same old, same old...
And my gin!

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:47 pm

The complete lack of self-awareness of these people. :lol:

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:10 pm

Oh snap! Luxembourg!

https://www.businessinsider.com/luxembo ... ege-2021-1
Luxembourg calls Trump a 'criminal' and 'political pyromaniac who should be sent to criminal court'

Luxembourg is among Europe's smaller nations but that is not stopping its leaders from speaking their minds about recent events in the US.

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo on Tuesday cancelled a trip to Europe at the last minute after top diplomats and European Union officials refused to meet with him, and Luxembourg's foreign minister appeared to be leading the charge in this regard, per Reuters. Allies were reportedly too "embarrassed" to meet with America's top diplomat.

Luxembourg's Foreign Minister Jean Asselborn had skewered President Donald Trump over the riot at the US Capitol in an interview on January 7, making it clear that any visit from Pompeo could prove awkward.

"Trump is a criminal, a political pyromaniac who should be sent to criminal court. He's a person who was elected democratically but who isn't interested in democracy in the slightest," Asselborn said in the interview with RTL Radio, per France 24 reporter Philip Crowther. "The 6th of January 2021 was a 9/11 attack on democracy itself, and Trump was the one who egged it on."

"The people who are truly responsible are Trump and members of the GOP. People like Ted Cruz and other elected Republicans are responsible because they acted like Trump's poodles," Asselborn added.

Pompeo was first meant to visit Luxembourg, a NATO ally, according to Reuters, but apparently struggled to set up meetings with any officials. That leg of the trip was then scrapped, followed by the planned visit to Brussels.

The cancellation of Pompeo's final European trip as top US diplomat is yet another example of the fallout from the events of January 6, when Trump provoked a mob of his supporters into swarming the US Capitol in what amounted to an attempted coup.

The Capitol siege was among the most stunning events in US history, representing a startling attack on the heart of American democracy.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:40 pm

The possibility that the dreaded Luxembourgian military machine may be poised to attack the US must be keeping Pentagon generals awake at night... :tea:
And my gin!

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:42 pm

I would definitely greet them as liberators. :pray:
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:44 pm

"I for one welcome our new Luxembourgian overlords..."
And my gin!

NineBerry
Tame Wolf

Post by NineBerry » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:59 pm

JimC wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:40 pm
The possibility that the dreaded Luxembourgian military machine may be poised to attack the US must be keeping Pentagon generals awake at night... :tea:
Luxembourg knows how to deal with fascists

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:21 pm

Hermit wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:37 pm
Cunt wrote:
I think facebook, twitter and youtube are taking fascist action against free speech.

I don't know how many forum members share any given opinion, but I think everything here would be perfectly acceptable to post on any of those three platforms. Except maybe Scot Dutchy expressing distrust of some corona numbers.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.