US Election 2020

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Re: US Election 2020

Post by Forty Two » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:59 pm

Tero wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:37 pm
>>Former staffers told the website that the senator was “habitually demeaning and prone to bursts of cruelty,” often calling the staffers and their work “the worst.” <<

Sounds like Trump! Perfect challenger! Except she won’t fire her staff once there is a working team.
No, they'll all quit. She had the highest staff turnover rate in the Senate, at 36 percent. 36% turnover rate, LOL. At least three people withdrew themselves from consideration for jobs on her presidential campaign because of rumors involving her mistreating staff.

But, wait, she's a Democrat, so queue the line of dumbasses who try to sell her as "badass." The leftist rallying cry -- badass!
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:12 pm

Quit complaining. You would prefer her if Bernie gets nominated. She's more like Biden.

You can't change the world with underpaid kids just out of college (which term of hers were these lazy bums that quite making a stink?). Fairly new senators don't get the best staffs. Also, it sounds like the same penny pinching the Democrats here in the prairie do, as they have to raise all the funds themselves, national party won't waste money on a senator or congressperson running Democrat in the prairie.

The result is about the same as the senator candidate I supported in November from here.

Klobuchar: “Her voting record is safe. It’s very centrist and that’s just not what we’re about,” said Anita Seeling of Minnetonka, vice-chair of Our Revolution Minnesota’s board. “We need somebody that’s a champion.”

Klobuchar hasn’t embraced other progressive priorities, including a $15 minimum wage and tuition-free college. She hasn’t endorsed calls to abolish Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

Our Revolution is a national offshoot of Sanders’ 2016 campaign. The Minnesota group has several local chapters and a membership base of about 9,000, Seeling said.
https://www.winonadailynews.com/news/lo ... 97492.html
Last edited by Tero on Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:14 pm

But 42, you've said yourself that Trump is probably a terrible boss and you'd never want to work for him. I don't say that to downplay what you've shared about this person. I'm just questioning your motives. I mean wtf dude? If being a bad boss doesn't bother you, and you've said your guy is a bad boss, then why bring up this other person being a bad boss?

It makes it look like you're campaigning for Trump. It's something I can imagine people who work in and around politics doing. It's deliberate. You're attacking an opponent rather than relaying some information we may all find helpful.

Now, who gives a shit, right? I shouldn't give a shit. Maybe she is a bad boss and maybe I should be thankful to you for sharing that. But I gotta say it bothers the fuck out of me to know or to strongly suspect anyway that you're just campaigning.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:21 pm

I trust Minnesota. I've lived in the Midwest most of my life. I live in a college town in a red state now. Not ruling out Minnesota or Wisconsin yet. Though Wisconsin gets a little less points from me. I got a PhD there in liberal times.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:54 pm

Would you vote for someone who got rich, then went into politics?

Or would you prefer someone who went into politics, then got rich?
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:01 pm

To answer your question, I would not vote for Hillary in a primary again. I will be keeping close tabs on wealth, but I will vote for a more centrist rather than a leftie liberal in the primary. We need to replace Trump and I don't want to pull this thing too far left too early. Once we have sneaked in our liberal to the office, we will fix everything. :prof: Klobuchar is from a state that produces both democrats and conservatives, though both can be good leaders as long as it's not Trump. I might even vote for a Republican in some situations if it helps pull THEM to the middle. I could register as Republican if necessary.
Last edited by Tero on Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:03 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:16 pm
The usual trolls are trolling. Why write one post when six will do.
Jesus you are a broken record. Can't you get a life or something?
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:07 pm

42 claims, in comparison to Asshole Trump and his staff, are BS
https://www.politico.com/video/2019/02/ ... nse-067704

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:07 pm

Tero wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:01 pm
To answer your question, I would not vote for Hillary in a primary again. I will be keeping close tabs on wealth, but I will vote for a more centrist rather than a leftie liberal in the primary. We need to replace Trump and I don't want to pull this thing too far left too early. Once we have sneaked in our liberal to the office, we will fix everything. :prof: Klobuchar is from a state that produces both democrats and conservatives, though both can be good leaders as long as it's not Trump. I might even vote for a Republican in some situations if it helps pull THEM to the middle. I could register as Republican if necessary.
Aboslute rubbish. All this does is continue to move the centre to the right. The people support the policies of Bernie, so why not give them the chance to vote someone like him in?
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:11 pm

Tero wrote:
It seems to me, that in the US system, it would pay to be registered with both parties, leave both wondering who you voted for, and this way you could affect both parties in the direction you thought best for that party.

I don't really know your systems though.
pErvinalia wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:07 pm
Aboslute rubbish. All this does is continue to move the centre to the right. The people support the policies of Bernie, so why not give them the chance to vote someone like him in?
He looks better to me now than he did a few weeks ago, but still not a leader.

I don't know how he should have dealt with Hillary stealing his spot, but the way it rolled out, he chose to be other than a leader at the end.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:56 pm

20190212_141044.jpg
Tero, I know we have our differences around politics, but I would like your help in a bit of...well, I don't know whether to call it a lie, or just marketing wankery...

I would like to refer to a group of these as a 'legislature' of them. I think if a few people start doing it, it will catch on.

I wish to call them that because they are smart like fruit (and can be picked and eaten nearly as easily) and they waddle around oblivious to the world around them, looking great.

Of course, only one in this photo, so not a 'legislature' of ptarmigans...
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:08 pm

pErvinalia wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:07 pm
Tero wrote:
Because Bernie would get about 30% of the vote here. Hillary got 35%, any other centrist would have got 40%. We would lose all our independents. Not bother to vote. How did Bernie poll in national polls?
The president does not drive Democrat politics as much as a Trump or a Reagan. A centrist will sign the bills.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:07 am

And a centrist will keep selling out to the conservatives. It's a counterproductive strategy as can be seen by the last 30 years of Democrats moving towards the right.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:28 am

Well they had to. Bill Clinton was a gift to the right. He was Democrat in name only. But the Republican party was strong, now they are under 30% of voters. One good thing out of Trump! Push the Republicans closer to the dump.

But as we saw in 2016 there is now more of a suspicion of evil government. It’s tricky to fix things big scale, healthcare, then have voters try to keep you in leash.
Last edited by Tero on Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:39 am

problem is that one thing frump amply demonstrated is that the GOP doesn't need a plurality of the popular vote to win the presidency, just a majority of the electoral college... and that, by maintaining majorities in key Red states by hook or crook, they were definitely able to obtain that. So long as red states will keep a disproportionate amount of electoral college seats, and will remain red either because the population is moronic, brainwashed, or driven away from the ballot bow; there will be a disproportionate number of Conservative presidents elected, regardless of the wishes of the majority of the nation.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping