All Things Trump

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Re: All Things Trump

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:38 pm

ibid wrote:Immigration advocacy groups and attorneys have warned that there is not a clear system in place to reunite families. In one case, attorneys in Texas said they had been given a phone number to help parents locate their children, but it was actually the number for an immigration enforcement tip line.

Advocates for children have said they do not know how to find parents, who are more likely to have important information about why the family is fleeing its home country. And if, for instance, a parent is deported, there is no clear way for them to ensure their child is deported with them.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:51 am

Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:58 am

L'Emmerdeur wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:10 pm
Legitimate criticism is one thing. Blatant lying about the internal conditions of an ally nation is another, but it's in keeping with a long history of self-serving mendacity.
President Trump claimed in a tweet Monday morning that “crime in Germany is way up,” ignoring statistics that prove the crime rate there has actually reached a historic low.

The president also claimed that migration was causing Germans to turn against their leaders, and that millions of asylum-seekers from Africa and the Middle East had “strongly and violently changed” Europe’s culture.

“The people of Germany are turning against their leadership as migration is rocking the already tenuous Berlin coalition,” he tweeted. “Crime in Germany is way up. Big mistake made all over Europe in allowing millions of people in who have so strongly and violently changed their culture!”

Like so many of the president’s tweets, Monday’s claim was both misleading and factually inaccurate.

Crime in Germany is not way up. Official figures from last month show that the national crime rate fell 5 percent since last year in Germany, dropping to the lowest levels since 1992. The number of crimes committed by non-German individuals fell 23 percent. The one area of crime which saw a 2.5 percent increase was antisemitic attacks — with 94 percent of them committed by far-right German nationals.
This is another post I don't expect Forty Two to comment on any time soon. His president a liar? Never!
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:16 am

Congrats, Forty Two. You helped make this happen. I hope you're proud of yourself. Enjoy the video.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:19 am

Hermit wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:58 am
L'Emmerdeur wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:10 pm
Legitimate criticism is one thing. Blatant lying about the internal conditions of an ally nation is another, but it's in keeping with a long history of self-serving mendacity.
President Trump claimed in a tweet Monday morning that “crime in Germany is way up,” ignoring statistics that prove the crime rate there has actually reached a historic low.

The president also claimed that migration was causing Germans to turn against their leaders, and that millions of asylum-seekers from Africa and the Middle East had “strongly and violently changed” Europe’s culture.

“The people of Germany are turning against their leadership as migration is rocking the already tenuous Berlin coalition,” he tweeted. “Crime in Germany is way up. Big mistake made all over Europe in allowing millions of people in who have so strongly and violently changed their culture!”

Like so many of the president’s tweets, Monday’s claim was both misleading and factually inaccurate.

Crime in Germany is not way up. Official figures from last month show that the national crime rate fell 5 percent since last year in Germany, dropping to the lowest levels since 1992. The number of crimes committed by non-German individuals fell 23 percent. The one area of crime which saw a 2.5 percent increase was antisemitic attacks — with 94 percent of them committed by far-right German nationals.
This is another post I don't expect Forty Two to comment on any time soon. His president a liar? Never!
No, this kind of lie isn't an important lie. Only important lies matter. An habitual compulsion to lie about everything unimportant doesn't mean he lies about important stuff. More likely he's very truthful with important stuff. So truthful.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:36 am

Seabass wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:16 am
Congrats, Forty Two. You helped make this happen. I hope you're proud of yourself. Enjoy the video.

Wait for it. "Obama's fault." and/or "Obama did that too."
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:56 am

Hermit wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:36 am
Seabass wrote:

Or "Country X has harsh immigration policies. Why's it ok when they do it, but not when we do it?"
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:58 am

It's not against the law, anyway. So that means it's all ok.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:48 am

Robert Mueller won’t save us
Only Congress can decide if the president is above the law.
https://www.vox.com/2018/6/18/17433612/ ... ule-of-law

Is the president of the United States above the law?

The question seems ridiculous on its face. But the reality of President Donald Trump forces it upon us. The president is doing things that many assumed could not, or would not, be done. He seems to believe, among other things, that he has total control over the federal law enforcement apparatus, that he has the right to pardon himself, that he cannot obstruct justice, and that he cannot be subpoenaed or indicted for any crimes he might commit.

As has been stated by numerous legal scholars, I have the absolute right to PARDON myself, but why would I do that when I have done nothing wrong? In the meantime, the never ending Witch Hunt, led by 13 very Angry and Conflicted Democrats (& others) continues into the mid-terms!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) June 4, 2018
Some of this was contradicted more than a week ago, when White House press secretary Sarah Sanders dismissed questions about the president pardoning himself. “Thankfully, the president hasn’t done anything wrong and wouldn’t have any need for a pardon,” she said, adding that “no one is above the law.”

But let’s take the words of the president seriously. If he’s right — if he has absolute power to pardon himself from legal consequences for absolutely any wrongdoing — then we do not have a president; we have a monarch. And we are not, as John Adams once promised, “a government of laws, not of men.”

That might sound dramatic, but I don’t think it is. Consider the recent 20-page memo sent to Robert Mueller’s team from Trump’s lawyers. The document lays out a view of presidential power that is essentially boundless. It states that the president “could, if he wished, terminate” Mueller’s inquiry “or even exercise his power to pardon if he so desired.” Later, Trump’s lawyers clarified that the president can fire the FBI director “at any time and for any reason,” including to shut down an inconvenient investigation.

Or take Trump’s recent demand that the Justice Department investigate whether the FBI “infiltrated or surveilled” his campaign. The request is both unprecedented and preposterous, but it is not, as far as I can tell, illegal, even if the aim is to undercut an investigation into the president’s own campaign.

One of the many revelations in the past couple of years is that much of what we take for granted in our political system is the product of informal norms and not fixed laws. Baked into our politics is the quiet assumption that the elected leader of the country will be constrained by a sense of decency and a respect for basic liberal democratic customs, and that competition among the three branches of government will protect against deviant actors.

But what if partisanship renders Congress dysfunctional? What if the president doesn’t care about norms or customs? And what if the citizenry is so divided or cocooned or alienated that it can’t reliably pressure Congress to check an overreaching executive?

These are not new questions. When the country was founded, there were vigorous debates between supporters and opponents of the proposed Constitution. In papers, documents, and pamphlets, skeptics, known as Antifederalists, openly worried that a constitutional republic would leave us vulnerable to tyranny, and that human nature was too corruptible to trust with so much power. Now is a fine time to revisit their concerns.
full article: https://www.vox.com/2018/6/18/17433612/ ... ule-of-law

tattuchu
a dickload of cocks
About me: I'm having trouble with the trolley.

Post by tattuchu » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:41 am

Hermit wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:36 am
Seabass wrote:

Don't forget Hillary :whisper:
People think "queue" is just "q" followed by 4 silent letters.

But those letters are not silent.

They're just waiting their turn.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:51 am

Hillary is a given. Everything is at least partly her fault..

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:04 am

Hermit wrote:
Seabass wrote:

Hillary would have just slit their throats and used their corpses as the foundations for a PedoPizza franchise.

Frank Zappa

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:28 am

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:56 am

Are you really surprised? Really? This moron is out to destroy anything that was left of American society or am I the only one that sees that. Just wait till he scraps the political system. There is not much left already.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:56 am

Trump is actually the most liberal President we've had in a long time.