All Things Trump

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Re: All Things Trump

Post by Tero » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:00 pm

It would be quite the feather in his cap if trump could get rid of Pocahontas through his angry "people"

"The group has set a fundraising goal of $10 million" -- CNN

"The notion that Elizabeth Warren can’t be beat is just a myth.” - FOX Radio

Help Elizabeth Warren persist against right-wing attacks on her 2018 re-election!

Turn on images to see Elizabeth Warren.
CNN reports:

The "Deal Her Out" PAC aims to raise money highlighting Warren's record as senator to keep her from winning re-election in 2018 and ultimately keep her from winning if she chooses to run for President in 2020.

The group has set a fundraising goal of $10 million between now and election day, which it will use mostly towards advertising against Warren on TV, radio and digital.

And a few days ago, Fox radio broadcast to its listeners: “The notion that Elizabeth Warren can’t be beat is just a myth.”

Elizabeth Warren shows up and fights for us. Now, we need to show up and fight for her. Can you chip in $3 to help her fight back and win re-election?

Elizabeth Warren has been our strong ally and friend since the days when we sat on her patio in 2011 and asked her to run for U.S. Senate. Since then, she has fought tirelessly for working families, challenged powerful interests, and inspired many candidates running this year to run and win on big, bold, economic-populist ideas.

Elizabeth Warren says: "The Progressive Change Campaign Committee was with me from the beginning -- heck, even before the beginning. And I'm asking you to be with me today."
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:50 pm

How Trump Came to Enforce a Policy of Separating Migrant Families
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/16/us/p ... trump.html

WASHINGTON — Almost immediately after President Trump took office, his administration began weighing what for years had been regarded as the nuclear option in the effort to discourage immigrants from unlawfully entering the United States.

Children would be separated from their parents if the families had been apprehended entering the country illegally, John F. Kelly, then the homeland security secretary, said in March 2017, “in order to deter more movement along this terribly dangerous network.”

For more than a decade, even as illegal immigration levels fell overall, seasonal spikes in unauthorized border crossings had bedeviled American presidents in both political parties, prompting them to cast about for increasingly aggressive ways to discourage migrants from making the trek.

Yet for George W. Bush and Barack Obama, the idea of crying children torn from their parents’ arms was simply too inhumane — and too politically perilous — to embrace as policy, and Mr. Trump, though he had made an immigration crackdown one of the central issues of his campaign, succumbed to the same reality, publicly dropping the idea after Mr. Kelly’s comments touched off a swift backlash.

But advocates inside the administration, most prominently Stephen Miller, Mr. Trump’s senior policy adviser, never gave up on the idea. Last month, facing a sharp uptick in illegal border crossings, Mr. Trump ordered a new effort to criminally prosecute anyone who crossed the border unlawfully — with few exceptions for parents traveling with their minor children.

And now Mr. Trump faces the consequences. With thousands of children detained in makeshift shelters, his spokesmen this past week had to deny accusations that the administration was acting like Nazis. Even evangelical supporters like Franklin Graham said its policy was “disgraceful.”

Among those who have professed objections to the policy is the president himself, who despite his tough rhetoric on immigration and his clear directive to show no mercy in enforcing the law, has searched publicly for someone else to blame for dividing families. He has falsely claimed that Democrats are responsible for the practice. But the kind of pictures so feared by Mr. Trump’s predecessors could end up defining a major domestic policy issue of his term.

Inside the Trump administration, current and former officials say, there is considerable unease about the policy, which is regarded by some charged with carrying it out as unfeasible in practice and questionable morally. Kirstjen Nielsen, the current homeland security secretary, has clashed privately with Mr. Trump over the practice, sometimes inviting furious lectures from the president that have pushed her to the brink of resignation.

But Mr. Miller has expressed none of the president’s misgivings. “No nation can have the policy that whole classes of people are immune from immigration law or enforcement,” he said during an interview in his West Wing office this past week. “It was a simple decision by the administration to have a zero tolerance policy for illegal entry, period. The message is that no one is exempt from immigration law.”

The administration’s critics are not buying that explanation. “This is not a zero tolerance policy, this is a zero humanity policy, and we can’t let it go on,” said Senator Jeff Merkley, Democrat of Oregon.
full article: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/16/us/p ... trump.html
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:17 pm

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:41 am

This is the new normal folks.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:38 pm

Hmmm... maybe this isn't really about flags and anthems...

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:02 pm

More people suffering under Trump. Trump specifically. How many more people have to suffer to make America great again?

California woman ‘in shock’ after ICE agents detain father, a legal resident, outside home
https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/06/13/ ... side-home/
The daughter of a Los Angeles man who was detained Sunday outside his home by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents spoke out this week about his treatment and the immigration policies that appear to target longtime, law-abiding residents.

Jose Luis Garcia, 62, was watering his lawn and having his morning coffee outside his home in the Arleta neighborhood of San Fernando Valley when ICE agents put him in handcuffs and detained him, according to his daughter, Natalie Garcia.

The arrest came as a shock to the 32-year-old Garcia, who said that her father is a law-abiding, legal permanent resident who came to the United States nearly 50 years ago when he was 13 years old.
Michael Kaufman, a senior staff attorney for the American Civil Liberties Union of Southern California, said the incident appears to fit a pattern under the Trump administration of detaining people with old, minor convictions.

“This is … a misdemeanor from two decades ago for which he’s completed his sentence,” Kaufman, who briefly spoke to Natalie Garcia but is not representing the family, said. “From what we know of this story, this is not an individual that presents a threat to anyone.”

Kaufman noted that the current administration no longer prioritizes targeting people with serious criminal convictions.

“It’s part of a pattern that we’ve seen of rounding up people who are longstanding members of our community who have family here and settled lives here and their lives are turned upside down because they may have committed some misdemeanor deep in their past,” Kaufman said.
Totally unfair and biased #FAKENEWSCNN interviewed his daughter.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:12 pm

I'll get my second (Foreign) passport out. Will ICE pay my airfare?

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:49 pm

Trump said he'd deport criminal immigrants, and he's doing just that. What's the problem? After all, those foreign criminals are putting genuine homegrown US criminals out of work.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:35 pm

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:03 am

*cough*theocracy*cough*
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:40 am

The first lady seems to have some issues with the first man's policy of forcibly separating children from their parents and storing them in cages.

Frank Zappa

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:55 am

You can't make a tortilla without breaking eggs..

..or can you?

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:34 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:49 pm
Trump said he'd deport criminal immigrants, and he's doing just that. What's the problem? After all, those foreign criminals are putting genuine homegrown US criminals out of work.
Because these ”criminals” have already served time or paid their fine. The crimes have been processed by the court system. It places green card holders in a different category than citizens. You obviously could get deported for murder but Trump is deporting you for crimes similar to his own: grabbing pussy, white collar crimes.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:52 pm

Tweet contents copy and paste:
Trump: Wow, what a tough sentence for Paul Manafort, who has represented Ronald Reagan, Bob Dole and many other top political people and campaigns. Didn’t know Manafort was the head of the Mob. What about Comey and Crooked Hillary and all of the others? Very unfair!

Ted Lieu
‏Verified account

@tedlieu
Jun 15
More Ted Lieu Retweeted Donald J. Trump
Dear @realDonaldTrump: Yes, witness tampering by Paul Manafort carries with it a tough sentence. That's why you should avoid doing so. For example, dangling pardons would be considered witness tampering, and pardoning witnesses against you would constitute obstruction of justice.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:41 pm

Politico:
In 2016, a majority of voters were 50 and older. This decisive voting bloc will be key to determining the balance of power in Washington this November.

In 2018, Florida hosts a contentious Senate election as well as many key House races. We polled voters aged 50 and older in Florida about their lives, President Trump and Congress to get a sense of how they might vote.

Here’s what we learned.
https://www.politico.com/interactives/2 ... rida-poll/
52% approve
44% disapprove