Starbucks coffee. Any colour but black.

LucidFlight
About me: I enjoy transcending space-time.

Re: Starbucks coffee. Any colour but black.

Post by LucidFlight » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:57 am

Scot Dutchy wrote:In Cuba in Bastida's days there were clubs where cocaine was dropped from the ceiling like snow.
Ah, good times. Good times.
Sent from my eyeballs using — that's not how this works; that's not how any of this works.

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:59 am

LucidFlight wrote:
Scot Dutchy wrote:In Cuba in Bastida's days there were clubs where cocaine was dropped from the ceiling like snow.
Ah, good times. Good times.
For a very few.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:14 am

I get no thrill from cocaine....
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:35 am

Never used any drugs except alcohol and tobacco. Weed is not a drug.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:34 am

Seabass wrote: What I really like is the smell. A good pot of coffee has got to be one of the best smells in the world IMO.
Yeah, that's the thing. It smells so damn good, but tastes so damn bad. Probably because we can't smell "bitter".
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:36 am

I want to give cocaine a go. But I'm scared it will dissolve my nose. I have a bizarre phobia about the sinuses.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

LucidFlight
About me: I enjoy transcending space-time.

Post by LucidFlight » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:45 am

pErvinalia wrote:I want to give cocaine a go. But I'm scared it will dissolve my nose. I have a bizarre phobia about the sinuses.
A friend of mine and I once crushed an ecstasy pill and snorted it, just for a laugh. Worst idea ever.

Anyway, you can lick cocaine, if you like. Although, it tastes just as bad wherever you put it... oh, unless... :shifty:
Sent from my eyeballs using — that's not how this works; that's not how any of this works.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:57 am

I was going to snort some valium and/or oxycodone, but figured it would just make me sneeze it all out. I tried dissolving a valium under my tongue, but that did nothing.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:31 am

Stick it up yer bum!
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:41 pm

Stick a hot red chilly up your bum that will move you.

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:08 pm

mistermack wrote:American media going mental over a storm in a teacup.

Two blacks asked to leave Starbucks, when they came in, sat down, but didn't order anything.
They refused, apparently, to either buy something or leave, they said they were waiting for a friend, and so the manager called the cops and they were peacefully arrested.
(by a gang of about five or six very aggressive looking cops).

Now the chain will be closing 8,000 stores for a day for "racial bias education".

As I see it, the arrest was warranted. If you are asked to leave, you have to leave. The cops were right.
The manager had the right to ask them to leave, and they refused. She had a right to call the cops.

The only debatable thing is whether she would have asked a couple of whites to buy something or leave.
They would in this country. Or might. It would be up to the manager, what mood they were in, and how busy the place was. If tables were short, and people were coming in and not buying, they probably would.
If it was quiet, they might or might not ask you to buy something or leave.

Maybe in the US they only ask blacks to leave. It's a funny place in lots of ways.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/bus ... 009e1e750f

In a Starbucks, it depends on how crowded it is, but, yes, white people are generally required to buy something. It's o.k. to have one's little meetings there, but they generally want you to buy a coffee or something while you're there.

It's customary to buy something, so most people don't run into this situation. Only an asshole would sit down in a coffee shop for a meeting and not get a cup of coffee or tea. And, the Starbucks in the article apparently has an issue with this happening, because they had a key to enter the restroom. I've never seen that at a Starbucks. Usually, you can just walk into the restroom. These guys called special attention to themselves, because they not only took up a table without buying a $2 small coffee, but they asked for the bathroom key. So that's when the employee asked if they were going to buy something.

I don't know what the issue is and why Starbucks needed to close 8000 stores for training. What's the policy going to be? The store is now a public forum, where anyone can come in and sit like it's a street bench? No, of course not. I guarantee the policy will still be that people need to buy something, and that loitering is not permitted.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:10 pm

Animavore wrote:Yay! A thread of white people talking about how the discrimination they don't suffer from in society is no big deal.
Maybe in Ireland blacks are singled out in this way, but in the US, I assure, you, loitering without being a customer of the store is frowned upon regardless of race, color, creed or national origin.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:16 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:Stick it up yer bum!
I've given that some thought too.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:19 pm

JimC wrote:The real issue would be whether there is a statistical anti-black bias in Starbucks stores, rather than a one-off incident. I'm not saying there is or there isn't, but if one exists, that would be reasonable grounds for some form of re-training.
The very idea that this is some sort of a problem is absurd. There is no statistical anti-black bias in Starbucks stores wherein blacks are asked to leave when they commandeer tables and use the restroom facilities without buying anything than white people. Nobody has publicized any numbers.
The situation in Philadelphia obviously looks quite bad, but looks — especially the look of a viral video devoid of context — can be deceptive. Here is the missing context (or some of it, anyway): the two men were sitting in the store, taking up seats, without having actually purchased anything. That is, technically, loitering and trespassing. It just so happens that the Starbucks in Philadelphia has a policy against loitering. Loitering is apparently a significant problem at that location and the manager says that she has had some tense moments with loiterers in the past, including one incident where someone chased her around the store after refusing to leave.

The store employees tried to deal with the men peacefully. The men were informed that only customers can sit at the tables or use the restrooms — which is, again, a policy that this particular establishment has a history of enforcing — but the two refused to abide by the policy. When they were told that the police would have to be called, they responded, "Go ahead and call the police. We don't care."
https://www.dailywire.com/news/29525/wa ... matt-walsh

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:21 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:I get no thrill from cocaine....