Puzzle - Figure Out Who Cursed Out the President

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Puzzle - Figure Out Who Cursed Out the President

Post by Forty Two » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:00 pm

Here read this rant about Donald Trump -- https://www.themaven.net/theresurgent/e ... 48e&full=1

So, Erick Erickson talked to a Republican Congressman and got this juicy rant to publish, anonymously. So, who could it be?

He is a Congressman, and referred to as he, so he's male.
He is Republican
He is not retiring
He is in a district where he thinks he may lose
He is not on the House Judiciary Committee (refers to the committee as "they" not "we")
He was in office before 2010 (because he refers to an incident involving Pelosi as Speaker of the House and the House Cafeteria, that he was there for).
He goes on TV a lot and has said positive things about Trump.
He is not a "never Trumper" because he did support Trump openly

So, who can this be?

I tried to narrow it down myself. I thought the clue that it would have to be a Congressman serving several terms, at least since 2009, would cut out a lot, but it still leaves a ton of choices. I read an article that speculated it was Peter King, and given his demeanor, I think that's a good guess.

So, who is this GOP member who thinks we should impeach the motherfucker?
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Re: Puzzle - Figure Out Who Cursed Out the President

Post by Tero » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:53 pm

But her emails!
Mergeration!

Who cares?
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:03 pm

You know, her maintenance of a private computer server, email domains and devices to use for government business, skirting freedom of information laws, and insecure transmission of classified information, and then lying about it, and then smashing devices and not turning over communications to the FBI, etc. are all legal and ethical issues. Comey specifically reported that she had lied to the FBI, and that she had transmitted classified information, etc., and the only thing he said in her favor was that it was not intentionally done to disclose secrets.

This is all stuff that you know damn well you would think was important if it was done by a Republican. It is not unimportant just because you don't like Trump.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:30 am

Pick one
1 Hillary hides mail in server in own basement
2 Trump has a ”bigger nuclear button”

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:41 am

Tero wrote:Pick one
1 Hillary hides mail in server in own basement
2 Trump has a ”bigger nuclear button”
Hillary not only hides email, and sends classified info on unsecured email systems, and does official business in a way that avoids foia, but she also wrongfully and unethically wins the democratic nomination against Bernie Sanders, and conspires with the DNC to rig the nomination while she and her cohort Debbie Wasserman Shultz lied repeatedly claiming the DNC was neutral, and she used connections at CNN to give her advance copies of debate questions. She smashed devices that would have been inspected by law enforcement. She unilaterally deleted 30,000 emails rather than turn them over as requested by the FBI and she had her computer guy bleachbit her servers to avoid inspection.

Among other things....

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:06 am

I’ll take the email risk over President Twitter.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:59 am

Tero wrote:President Twitter.
:hehe:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:11 am

It was the butler
in the lounge room
with a candlestick.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:46 am

Hermit wrote:It was the butler
in the lounge room
with a candlestick.
...stuck up his arse...

And 42, perhaps it's better the congressman stays anonymous. Trump supporters like their guns, and they would view him as a traitor...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:42 am

[Lord's name in vain]
Oh Merka..

And I think a lot a people think this too:
But honestly, I wish the motherf*cker would just go away.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:19 am

Just for world peace please let him disappear up his own arse. :begging:
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

BarnettNewman
extemporaneous

Post by BarnettNewman » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:40 am

So Sessions asking for appointee advice from a convicted criminal using a private email address should be an issue to 42 I would assume.

https://www.propublica.org/article/elli ... -attorneys

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:43 pm

BarnettNewman wrote:So Sessions asking for appointee advice from a convicted criminal using a private email address should be an issue to 42 I would assume.

https://www.propublica.org/article/elli ... -attorneys
I don't know, this is the first I've heard of it. I'm not sure what the rules are for him, but if he is required to conduct Attorney General business on a government email, and he did not, then it is a problem. But, I'm not sure that rule applies to his position. The article also does not say that he maintained a private server in his house.

There might well be an issue with consulting Elliott Broidy on new appointees. I suspect there is no legal problem, but it does raise the question as to why Broidy is being asked for these recommendations. The article is a bit unclear as to whether it's been shown that Sessions "asked" for the recommendations, or whether Broidy just sent him the recommendations.

Could be an issue. I've no allegiance to Jeff Sessions.

But, in the case of Hillary Clinton, it's not just "42 having a problem" with what she did. Remember that she apologized for her wrongdoing, and it was firmly established, but Comey no less, that Hillary Clinton did use a private email server that was unsecured, when she said she did not, and she sent and received confidential and classified information via the unsecure private email server, and she said she had not done so, and she said she had turned over all her emails, when she had not, and when they were investigating her and while under subpoena she bleachbit her system and took hammers to some devices.

I mean - whatever Sessions is up to here, it may be just as serious or more serious. I just haven't seen any information on it. I am not sure if him sending or receiving the email mentioned in the article was against a policy applicable to him - if it is, then he should be held accountable for it. Fair enough?

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:53 pm

Lock him up.
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state