Twin Peaks and Hooters: Sexist and Misogynistic?

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Re: Twin Peaks and Hooters: Sexist and Misogynistic?

Post by Forty Two » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:11 pm

Sean Hayden wrote:
Forty Two wrote:
Sean Hayden wrote:I've never been there. I'd die of embarrassment. I really just wanted to say titty bar. :hehe:
It really isn't a big deal. They wear full t-shirts and shorts. It might have been risque' in the 80s, but there are other restaurants that show more midriff and cleavage. The waitresses typically wear full leggings that are close to the tone of their skin, orange shorts that cover the whole bottom, and t-shirts that cover the whole top. They aren't strippers in the least.
It's the paid to like me bit while showing me your tits that I find embarrassing. That's all on me though. I know people that go to Hooters and it just isn't a big deal.
They aren't paid to like the customers. They're paid to help entertain the customers. Their clientele like to dick around, engage in off-color humor, eat excessive hot wings, drink excessive alcohol, and stumble home.

I haven't been to Hooters in probably....oh, well, a decade or more. It's not the best wing place, IMO. And, as I mentioned, the girls are nice, but if you want to see some hotties, there are other places that are more revealing.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:13 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Sean Hayden wrote:
Forty Two wrote:
Sean Hayden wrote:I've never been there. I'd die of embarrassment. I really just wanted to say titty bar. :hehe:
It really isn't a big deal. They wear full t-shirts and shorts. It might have been risque' in the 80s, but there are other restaurants that show more midriff and cleavage. The waitresses typically wear full leggings that are close to the tone of their skin, orange shorts that cover the whole bottom, and t-shirts that cover the whole top. They aren't strippers in the least.
It's the paid to like me bit while showing me your tits that I find embarrassing. That's all on me though. I know people that go to Hooters and it just isn't a big deal.
They aren't paid to like the customers. They're paid to help entertain the customers. Their clientele like to dick around, engage in off-color humor, eat excessive hot wings, drink excessive alcohol, and stumble home.

I haven't been to Hooters in probably....oh, well, a decade or more. It's not the best wing place, IMO. And, as I mentioned, the girls are nice, but if you want to see some hotties, there are other places that are more revealing.
The average Englishman would find the experience excruciatingly embarrassing I fear.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:14 pm

Goddammit 42. I know they aren't paid to literally like your sorry ass. :lol:

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:28 pm

Money can't buy love, but it can rent a substitute that feels just like it.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:36 pm

Rum wrote:
The average Englishman would find the experience excruciatingly embarrassing I fear.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:41 pm

The doe-eyed ladies in the photos look like they could do with a week's worth of square meals from their own establishments.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:39 pm

Rum wrote:
laklak wrote:Hooters has fairly decent chicken wings (particularly the Chernobyl level) and you can get Corona. Plus tits. Haven't been for years, because when I want fried shit, beer, and titties I go to the beach bar. But - I see Hooters now has bacon wrapped deep fried chicken wings, I may have to give them another shot. Breaded, deep fried, bacon wrapped chicken wings in hot sauce, somebody deserves a Nobel for that idea.
Combine that with high blood pressure inducing titties - instant heart attack territory! :hehe:
oh, frack, I have high blood pressure, to the point that I'm medicated for it, and I wank rather regularly to relieve certain internal pressures, I'm not dead yet, and my diet is not much healthier than the above mentioned wings.... I don't expect my heart to fail any time soon.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:42 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Rum wrote:
:think:

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:33 pm

42, did you try just wanking?

Woodbutcher
Stray Cat
Stray Cat
About me: Still crazy after all these years.

Post by Woodbutcher » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:11 pm

Enough fucking talk, let's see more female cleavage! :ab:
If women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.-Red Green
"Yo". Rocky
"Never been worried about what other people see when they look at me". Gawdzilla
"No friends currently defined." Friends & Foes.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:01 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:The doe-eyed ladies in the photos look like they could do with a week's worth of square meals from their own establishments.
That's just because nowadays most everybody is overweight. A fit body starts to look too skinny by comparison. :leave:

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:02 pm

Tero wrote:42, did you try just wanking?
Too many times...

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:16 am

:lol:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:24 am

Forty Two wrote:
pErvinalia wrote:
Do you need a safe space?
And, there you go again. No, I don't need a safe space. I never use that term either. It's something you like to toss around.
pErvinalia wrote: If you can't handle the fact that we've discussed this shit endlessly, then I can't help you.
I discuss it. You don't. You do your usual "pervin shuffle."
pErvinalia wrote: There's nothing new to be gained by discussing it for the 20th time. I think you are truly unaware of the utter total bore that you are.
Doesn't stop you from posting in every, single thread I create. Would 'twere you did find it boring. Then those who do post something interesting and useful on my threads wouldn't have to ready your inane drivel.

Summary of your contribution:

Should they exist?

They should be discouraged.

By whom? How?

By society.

What do you mean? How should society discourage it, especially since they are just as much part of society as anyone else?

Not going to discuss it. I just felt it was important to tell you that something called "society" should "discourage" it in some unspecified way, for some unspecified reason. I've discussed this 100 times before, even though I really haven't, I've just gone through thread after thread derailing, going off topic, and insulting people.

And, to think, you found this thread so boring, that you just had to post in it.
You asked for an opinion and I gave it. What exactly is the problem here? That I won't engage in your pathological need to debate topics endlessly? This is why you are bore. You are like the Terminator of debating. You have no idea if you are doing the right thing, you are just programmed to keep going regardless until your opponents die of boredom/infuriation.

I don't want to discuss the topic further with you at the moment. I've got other things on my mind. Are you going to be able to handle that? There's no need to blow it up into an incident. Can't you just accept that people aren't always going to want spend 30 pages watching you equivocate and misrepresent (among other things)?
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:32 am

Rum wrote:
Forty Two wrote:
Rum wrote:
:think:
Not to mention that Hugh Jackman is Australian. Perhaps there's some Merkin joke I'm missing there.