US 2018 November elections

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Re: US 2018 November elections

Post by Forty Two » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:33 pm

“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:33 pm

“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:36 pm

I'm going to vote today. Drove by yesterday and the lines were down the block, turnout looks very high so far for a midterm. I have no idea who that favors.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:37 pm

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:38 pm

another death threat.jpg
another death threat.jpg (69.37 KiB) Viewed 2084 times

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:39 pm

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:44 pm

Image What a Democrat really thought about Republican Steve Scalise getting shot.... so hopey, so changey... so peace and love...

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:46 pm

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:47 pm

Despite the fact that almost all voters have made up their minds, still a tight race. The final move is to arm twist all of your party to actually show up.
https://www.vox.com/platform/amp/policy ... ttleground
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:56 pm

Early voting in my county begins tomorrow. I may trot out there.

I may start wearing a MAGA hat, too. I'm tired of keeping my Trump support close to the vest in meat space.

#proudtosupporttrump

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:58 pm

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:30 pm

Just voted. Lines weren't too bad, took about 30 minutes all told. Everybody there was older than me, lots of Zimmer frames. One guy was trying to register and got really pissed off when they told him he couldn't vote in this election. Sorry Charlie, it's been all over the TV, internet, radio, and even billboards - last day to register was October 9th. There were voter registration tables set up all over town. Sorry you're too fucking stupid to understand that, but it isn't "voter suppression", you fucking wanker. Oh, and for the other one I saw turned away - bring your fucking photo ID, because SURPRISE you need one to vote in Florida. That was also all over the TV, internet, and radio. Plus you fucking DROVE there, I saw you getting into your car when you left.

Universal suffrage is a really stupid idea.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:34 pm

Well, if I was not from a privileged background, and hence a real estate owner, I could not vote in a censitary system. so I still support equal vote, though I wish there was an acceptable way to suppress the idiot vote...
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:09 pm

laklak wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:30 pm
Just voted. Lines weren't too bad, took about 30 minutes all told. Everybody there was older than me, lots of Zimmer frames. One guy was trying to register and got really pissed off when they told him he couldn't vote in this election. Sorry Charlie, it's been all over the TV, internet, radio, and even billboards - last day to register was October 9th. There were voter registration tables set up all over town. Sorry you're too fucking stupid to understand that, but it isn't "voter suppression", you fucking wanker. Oh, and for the other one I saw turned away - bring your fucking photo ID, because SURPRISE you need one to vote in Florida. That was also all over the TV, internet, and radio. Plus you fucking DROVE there, I saw you getting into your car when you left.

Universal suffrage is a really stupid idea.
Anyone without an ID can submit a provisional ballot, too.

Or, just fucking drive home, get relevant ID and come back. This is early voting. He still has several more early voting days, and even, gasp, election day to vote.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:11 pm