The gender gap

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Re: The gender gap

Post by Forty Two » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:07 pm

mistermack wrote:All UK firms (with more than 200 workers) have to have published the pay gap between men and women by today, otherwise they end up in court. They don't get paid for this. If the govt. want these figures, they should pay for the work.

In other news, the sheer incompetence of women mass killers was highlighted recently by the woman who tried to shoot up Youtube. The only person she managed to kill was herself.

And they think they should get paid the same !!
If they publish the pay data, that should break it down by specific job position and where there are differences they should specify differences in experience and seniority. Just publishing raw numbers is not sufficient.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:09 pm

JimC wrote:
Cunt wrote:
JimC wrote:
Simply that political parties should attempt to assemble candidates that at least approximate the gender proportions of the electorate, rather than putting forward a much higher proportion of male candidates...
I understand, you want more vag in the leadership roles.

You should vote for that.
Again, are you being wilfully blind? In most democracies with party politics, the choosing of political candidates for election in a given electorate is not voted on by the public, it is controlled by the party concerned. It's been well known for a long time, at least here in Oz, that the processes (often rather murky) that lead to the selection of candidates has traditionally put forward many more men than women. This is actually changing to a degree, little by little, but the historical legacy remains when you look at the gender proportions in state or federal parliaments.
All political parties should be required to put forward sex and race proportional lineups of candidates, or they should be penalized.... err... sorry, vagalized, for it.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:20 pm

Women aren't interested in politics.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:49 pm

Forty Two wrote:
JimC wrote:
Cunt wrote:
JimC wrote: Way to miss the point... :roll:

If the candidates put up for election are, let's say, 70% male, then with no voter preference either way, you are going to have a mostly male set of representatives elected...
Voters vote those folks in too.

What are you suggesting be done instead? Disregard votes for some candidates? Or by some voters?
Simply that political parties should attempt to assemble candidates that at least approximate the gender proportions of the electorate, rather than putting forward a much higher proportion of male candidates...
What if one sex isn’t as interested in running?
It would not surprise me if a smaller proportion of women put themselves forward as candidates on average, but, at least here in Oz, that number seems to be increasing. My point is not really about affirmative action, but eliminating the boy's club mentality that certainly still exists in some party rooms. And it is also possible for political parties to make it very clear within their own membership that they really want as many female candidates as they can get, and encouraging women to put themselves forward as candidates.
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:41 am

Brian Peacock wrote:Women aren't interested in politics.
Yep, it's too complicated for their little heads..
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:43 am

JimC wrote:
Forty Two wrote:
JimC wrote:
Cunt wrote:
JimC wrote: Way to miss the point... :roll:

If the candidates put up for election are, let's say, 70% male, then with no voter preference either way, you are going to have a mostly male set of representatives elected...
Voters vote those folks in too.

What are you suggesting be done instead? Disregard votes for some candidates? Or by some voters?
What if one sex isn’t as interested in running?
It would not surprise me if a smaller proportion of women put themselves forward as candidates on average, but, at least here in Oz, that number seems to be increasing. My point is not really about affirmative action, but eliminating the boy's club mentality that certainly still exists in some party rooms. And it is also possible for political parties to make it very clear within their own membership that they really want as many female candidates as they can get, and encouraging women to put themselves forward as candidates.
And it's also a bit of self fulfilling prophecy. If young girls don't see many women in politics and don't have as many women role models in politics, then they are less likely to view it as a good job for them. And then of course you'll see less women putting themselves up for election.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:34 am

Good point! :tup:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:27 am

At least those who know their place. God created them to look pretty and be cute, leaving all serious matters where they belong - in the hands of men. Feminists, communists and other scum have upset the natural order of things.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:53 am

People interested in politics go into politics

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:56 am

Unless a career path is 50-50, it’s morally wrong. I’m protesting the high tension lineman gap this weekend. More women need to climb power lines.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:15 pm

Women don't deserve to die at work, Forty Two. They need to be protected, perhaps by preserving positions for them in jobs where danger is reduced, as are other problematic elements of the workplace.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:38 pm

Barefoot in the kitchen is pretty safe.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:45 pm

Strawman!

Ad Douchus Baggus.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:48 pm

Does the gender gap apply to the gap between the thighs?
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:10 pm

L8