Active shooter?

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Re: Active shooter?

Post by Tero » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:43 am

Like father, like son. Hard to tell who is bigger asshole.
http://dailynewsbite.com/donald-trump-j ... -survivor/
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Galaxian
About me: Too old & too far away from the Beloved...

Post by Galaxian » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:50 am

Unfortunately, most of the posts are discussing how to stop the school shootings.

Galaxian begs to differ. Maybe the best thing is for the shootings to increase. That way the Amerikkkan people will become more sensitive to the sufferings they've inflicted all around the world... A sort of taste of their own medicine:

https://www.globalresearch.ca/america-h ... 76/5565946

17 kids killed? Small beer. 1700 killed... that's more like it! After all, it's good enough for the unwashed masses being massacred globally. And if they weren't unwashed before, they certainly are now; since the USA destroyed their infrastructure, the water & electricity supplies, roads, hospitals, and, dare I say it?: Schools, often with the kids still inside. But who cares? They're 'rag-head' kids. Only Gringos & Israelis have any value.

So, weep for the poor sods. They're gone now, so they can't answer back. But if they did, they would agree with Galaxian: Don't take the guns away. Make it compulsory that every family should have one... A sort of MAD; mutually assured destruction solution. The peace of the grave. :coffee:
The true seeker looks for the truth wherever it may be and readily accepts it, without shame, without hope for reward and without fear of punishment._Sam Nejad
There's no Mercy. There's no Justice. There is only Natural Selection! _Galaxian
The more important a news item, the more likely that it's a hidden agenda disinformation_Galaxian
"This world of sheeple has no hope!" Thus just 13 years left before extinction by AI_ Galaxian

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:02 am

You are such a nasty piece of work...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:06 am

Maybe the feds should look into him. Mentally deranged, pro-shooting...
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:20 am

You have done it again 42. Nice bit of cherry picking once again.
FortyTwo wrote:The only gun control proposal that can work to reduce the homicides per 100,000 rate in the US. Given the number of guns in the US, the rate of homicides per 100,000 of 4.2 is remarkably small. There are more guns in the US than people.
The 30 cities with the highest murder rates in the US
The bottom five:

#30. Waco, Texas

Murder rate per 100k people: 16.74

Number of reported murders (2015): 22

Population: 131,413

#29. South Bend, Indiana

Murder rate per 100k people: 16.79

Number of reported murders (2015): 17

Population: 101,240

#28. Indianapolis, Indiana

Murder rate per 100k people: 17.12

Number of reported murders (2015): 148

Population: 863,675

#27. Miami, Florida

Murder rate per 100k people: 17.14

Number of reported murders (2015): 75

Population: 437,969

#26. North Charleston, South Carolina

Murder rate per 100k people: 17.42

Number of reported murders (2015): 19

Population: 109,051

#25. Chicago, Illinois

Murder rate per 100k people: 17.52

Number of reported murders (2015): 478

Population: 2,728,695

The top five:

#5. Birmingham, Alabama

Murder rate per 100k people: 37.21

Number of reported murders (2015): 79

Population: 212,291

#4. New Orleans, Louisiana

Murder rate per 100k people: 41.68

Number of reported murders (2015): 164

Population: 393,447

#3. Detroit, Michigan

Murder rate per 100k people: 43.82

Number of reported murders (2015): 295

Population: 673,225

#2. Baltimore, Maryland

Murder rate per 100k people: 55.37

Number of reported murders (2015): 344

Population: 621,252

#1. St. Louis, Missouri

Murder rate per 100k people: 59.29

Number of reported murders (2015): 188

Population: 317,095
It is huge. In St. Louis in 2015 more than 180 people were murdered and that was 2015. Outside urban areas not much happens which is why your figures are slanted.

Here is the EU figure:

https://www.indexmundi.com/facts/europe ... icide-rate

Notice the difference?
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:24 am

He's been called to task on this before. The amount of guns per person isn't the pertinent factor in the rate of shooting deaths. You only need one gun to murder up to a multiple of people. The pertinent statistic is how many gun deaths per gun owner.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:36 am

Almost impossible to even guestimate in America with the lack of registration.

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:39 am

Another map to look at. Pity it is only 2012.

Galaxian
About me: Too old & too far away from the Beloved...

Post by Galaxian » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:50 am

Galaxian wrote:Unfortunately, most of the posts are discussing how to stop the school shootings.

Galaxian begs to differ. Maybe the best thing is for the shootings to increase. That way the Amerikkkan people will become more sensitive to the sufferings they've inflicted all around the world... A sort of taste of their own medicine:

17 kids killed? Small beer. 1700 killed... that's more like it! After all, it's good enough for the unwashed masses being massacred globally. And if they weren't unwashed before, they certainly are now; since the USA destroyed their infrastructure, the water & electricity supplies, roads, hospitals, and, dare I say it?: Schools, often with the kids still inside. But who cares? They're 'rag-head' kids. Only Gringos & Israelis have any value.

So, weep for the poor sods. They're gone now, so they can't answer back. But if they did, they would agree with Galaxian: Don't take the guns away. Make it compulsory that every family should have one... A sort of MAD; mutually assured destruction solution. The peace of the grave. :coffee:
I see I hit a nerve. Good. Since you lot never seem to be concerned about the carnage the USA flippantly causes, and has caused for over 240 years all over the place.

You see, unlike the hoi polloi, Galaxian is a fair-minded entity. Galaxian follows mathematical ethics and justice, not partisan, xenophobic, prejudiced, fascistic absent minded delusions common to hypocrites and their institutions.

I assume none of you bothered looking at the posted site?
No. didn't think so. Shallow minds never dive into deep waters. Instead they talk of "nasty pieces of work" or make threats of "feds looking into..." Such banal BS; the thoughts of RELIGIONISTS; those who grovel at the feet of their Divine institutions.

But such creatures never seem concerned about the death, destruction, and misery they inflict on the rest of the world. They just drift with the tide of what's fashionable & on the main stream media... how to 'get along' with the crowd... even if it means killing the other crowds, the ones who are out of sight and out of mind. Hit the nail on the head, eh? :coffee:
The true seeker looks for the truth wherever it may be and readily accepts it, without shame, without hope for reward and without fear of punishment._Sam Nejad
There's no Mercy. There's no Justice. There is only Natural Selection! _Galaxian
The more important a news item, the more likely that it's a hidden agenda disinformation_Galaxian
"This world of sheeple has no hope!" Thus just 13 years left before extinction by AI_ Galaxian

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:55 am

Man, you're nuttier than a fruitcake. Of course we aren't going to read your links. We don't need a link to a fruitcake site to know that the US is responsible for hundreds of thousands of unjust deaths around the world. You don't have to believe in an alien-Joo conspiracy to be able to understand what goes on around the world. :roll:

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:31 am

Scot Dutchy wrote:You have done it again 42. Nice bit of cherry picking once again.
Trigger Warning!!!1! :
FortyTwo wrote:The only gun control proposal that can work to reduce the homicides per 100,000 rate in the US. Given the number of guns in the US, the rate of homicides per 100,000 of 4.2 is remarkably small. There are more guns in the US than people.
The bottom five:

#30. Waco, Texas

#29. South Bend, Indiana

#27. Miami, Florida

#25. Chicago, Illinois

The top five:

#5. Birmingham, Alabama

#3. Detroit, Michigan

#2. Baltimore, Maryland

#1. St. Louis, Missouri

It is huge. In St. Louis in 2015 more than 180 people were murdered and that was 2015. Outside urban areas not much happens which is why your figures are slanted.

Here is the EU figure:

Notice the difference?
Actually, you're the one cherry picking. You just cherry picked "The 30 cities with the highest murder rates in the US" to compare to the entire EU.
Perhaps you don't know what cherry picking means:
Cherry picking, suppressing evidence, or the fallacy of incomplete evidence is the act of pointing to individual cases or data that seem to confirm a particular position while ignoring a significant portion of related cases or data that may contradict that position. It is a kind of fallacy of selective attention, the most common example of which is the confirmation bias.[1][2] Cherry picking may be committed intentionally or unintentionally. This fallacy is a major problem in public debate.
According to these:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_ ... ted_States
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_c ... icide_rate
the US homicide rate is either 5.3 or 4.88 per 100000 per year.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:19 am

You are as bad as forty two. It is the geographic situation of America that warps the figures. To use the whole of the country always shows America in a far better light. Concentrate on the conurbations not the deserts.

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:49 am

You're comparing apples with oranges, fool. That would only make sense if Europe was 100% urban. And even then, you're still only taking the 30 most violent US cities out of over 3000.

We all know the US is more violent than western Europe. You don't need to cheat.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:00 pm

Galaxian wrote:
Galaxian wrote:Unfortunately, most of the posts are discussing how to stop the school shootings.

I see I hit a nerve. Good. Since you lot never seem to be concerned about the carnage the USA flippantly causes, and has caused for over 240 years all over the place.

You see, unlike the hoi polloi, Galaxian is a fair-minded entity. Galaxian follows mathematical ethics and justice, not partisan, xenophobic, prejudiced, fascistic absent minded delusions common to hypocrites and their institutions.

I assume none of you bothered looking at the posted site?
No. didn't think so. Shallow minds never dive into deep waters. Instead they talk of "nasty pieces of work" or make threats of "feds looking into..." Such banal BS; the thoughts of RELIGIONISTS; those who grovel at the feet of their Divine institutions.

But such creatures never seem concerned about the death, destruction, and misery they inflict on the rest of the world. They just drift with the tide of what's fashionable & on the main stream media... how to 'get along' with the crowd... even if it means killing the other crowds, the ones who are out of sight and out of mind. Hit the nail on the head, eh? :coffee:
Your paranoia and your nasty little mind lead you into making presumptions about whet people here think. Personally I am aware of the killing America has carried out all over the world in its own interests and the interests of their values (apparently). Most countries do that to some extent - it seems a function of power. Filth like yourself suggest increasing the numbers of American children shot in schools as a response. People less mentally challenged than you take a more measured approach. Go crawl under your little rock.

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:32 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:You have done it again 42. Nice bit of cherry picking once again.
The bottom five:

#30. Waco, Texas

#29. South Bend, Indiana

#27. Miami, Florida

#25. Chicago, Illinois

The top five:

#5. Birmingham, Alabama

#3. Detroit, Michigan

#2. Baltimore, Maryland

#1. St. Louis, Missouri

Here is the EU figure:

Notice the difference?

Actually, what you've done is cherry pick, whereas I presented the national statistic on gun homicides. My number is accurate.

Your numbers address homicide rates in total, and not "gun homicides."

Also, I've never suggested that the major cities in the US don't have much higher murder rates than the rest of the country. They do. And, it's in those urban areas where the vast, overwhelming majority of gun violence in the US occurs.

The reality is that other than in the gang, drug-ridden inner cities, the gun violence in the US is very, very low.

Gun homicides by state per 100,000:

Vermont -- 0.3
New Hampshire - 0.4
Hawaii -- 0.5
North Dakota -- 0.6
Iowa -- 0.7
Idaho -- 0.8
Maine -- 0.8
Utah -- 0.9
Oregon -- 0.9
Wyoming -- 0.9
Minnesota -- 1.0
South Dakota -- 1.0
Montana -- 1.1
Colorado -- 1.2
Washington -- 1.3
Rhode Island -- 1.5
West Virginia -- 1.7
Wisconsin -- 1.7
Massachussetts -- 1.8
Nebraska -- 1.8
Indiana -- 2.2
Kansas -- 2.2
Alaska -- 2.7
Connecticut - 2.7
Kentucky -- 2.7
New York -- 2.7
Ohio - 2.8
Illinois -- 2.8
New Jersey - 2.8
North Carolina - 3.0
Oklahoma - 3.1
Nevada -- 3.1
Virginia -- 3.2
Arkansas -- 3.2
Texas -- 3.2
New Mexico - 3.3
California -- 3.3
Florida -- 3.4
Tennessee - 3.5
Arizona - 3.6
Pennsylvania - 3.6
Georgia -- 3.8
Mississippi - 4.0
Michigan -- 4.2
South Carolina -- 4.5
Maryland - 5.1
Missouri - 5.4
Louisiana - 7.7
Washington DC - 16.5 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firearm_d ... s_by_state

When you look at the much higher gun homicide rates in certain cities, it definitely isolates where the gun homicide problem is. Gangs/Organized Crime. Illegal Drug Crimes. Robberies.

Gun homicide (and non-gun homicide) is significantly concentrated not only in cities, but in specific areas of cities and to a small, easily identifiable subset of the population. See this Pro Publica article: How the Gun Control Debate Ignores Black Lives. Excerpt:
Mass shootings, unsurprisingly, drive the national debate on gun violence. But as horrific as these massacres are, by most counts they represent less than 1 percent of all gun homicides. America’s high rate of gun murders isn’t caused by events like Sandy Hook or the shootings this fall at a community college in Oregon. It’s fueled by a relentless drumbeat of deaths of black men.

Gun control advocates and politicians frequently cite the statistic that more than 30 Americans are murdered with guns every day. What’s rarely mentioned is that roughly 15 of the 30 are black men.

Avoiding that fact has consequences.
https://www.propublica.org/article/how- ... lack-lives

That's the reality, the unfortunate reality in the US, Dutchy. It's a different unfortunate reality than you want to paint, because you have this need to assert superiority, and to paint a Spaghetti Western, Dirty Harry version of the United States that simply does not exist.

But I will commend you for identifying the statistics on those cities, and I will add that it's not even in those cities IN GENERAL. Detroit, for example -- the shootings occur in certain specific areas of Detroit, not all over. It's a blight, yes. And, it's a crying shame. The city of Detroit, much of it, is in shambles, and it was once called "The Paris of the Midwest" and once was the wealthiest city in the United States. It had beautiful architecture that has falled to run, and generations of lives have been destroyed over the decades.

Nobody is saying, and I'm not saying, that the US has no problems to solve. It does. But you aren't properly identifying the problem. Your'e trying to score points.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar