Trump and Russia; Spasiba, Harasho!

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Re: Trump and Russia; Spasiba, Harasho!

Post by Scot Dutchy » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:06 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:42 am
I know. But he should still link his quotes.
I wish he would use "[ quote][/quote ]" as well.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:10 am

He's totally random. Sometimes he quotes, sometimes he links, sometimes quotes and links, sometimes he doesn't quote and links.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:56 pm

A growing body of evidence, however, indicates that the meeting may have been a setup -- part of a broad effort to tarnish the Trump campaign involving Hillary Clinton operatives employed by Kremlin-linked figures and Department of Justice officials. This view, that the real collusion may have taken place among those who arranged the meeting rather than the Trump officials who agreed to attend it, is supported by two disparate lines of evidence pulled together for the first time here: newly released records and a pattern of efforts to connect the Trump campaign to Russia.
The first line of evidence includes emails, texts, and memos recently turned over to Congress by the Department of Justice. They show how closely senior Justice Department officials and the Federal Bureau of Investigation worked with employees of Fusion GPS, a Washington-based research firm reportedly paid $1 million by Clinton operatives to dig up dirt on the Trump campaign.

They reveal that then-Associate Deputy Attorney General Bruce Ohr, the fourth-highest-ranking official at DOJ, coordinated before, during and after the election with Fusion GPS founder Glenn Simpson, who did work for the Clinton campaign and Russians; and former British intelligence officer Christopher Steele, who was employed by Simpson.
The second line of evidence reframing the Trump Tower meeting -- after the Ohr-Steele-Simpson correspondence – was first reported in June by RealClearInvestigations. It shows that, starting in March 2016, FBI confidential sources and other figures associated with Western intelligence services and the Clinton campaign approached the Trump team promising damaging information on Clinton. The Trump Tower meeting appears to have been the most successful of these approaches, since it was the one instance where the Trump campaign signaled it was willing to receive incriminating information on its opponent.

These two strands of evidence – the DOJ’s collaboration with Clinton-paid researchers and efforts to connect the Trump campaign to Russia – came together in midtown Manhattan on June 9, 2016 at Trump Tower.

At the center of it all was Fusion GPS, which had two clients whose interests were served by the Trump Tower meeting: the Russians and the Clinton campaign.
https://www.realclearinvestigations.com ... setup.html
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:35 pm

Ah, I think Fox News began promoting a version of this conspiracy theory nearly a year ago. The Russians coordinated with the Clinton campaign, and with the help of a US government agency worked to entrap the poor innocent Trump (whom Putin has publicly stated he wanted to get elected). If I were a Trump sycophant, I'd be ready to grasp at that particular wisp of straw, I suppose.

Joe

Post by Joe » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:36 pm

So let me see if I have this right. The guy who doesn't trust the media
Forty Two wrote:because the sloppy reporting for the last 2 years has been taken to a new and dramatic level. The false reports. The unfounded reports. The commonplace reliance of political leaks from guys like Adam Schiff, and other "unnamed" sources. The rumors are so fast, so furious, and so politically driven that it's impossible to sort through truth from fiction.
is pushing a speculative piece that claims the Clinton campaign may have colluded with the Russians to entrap the Trump campaign?

:spray:
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:43 pm

You have to know who to trust, Joe.

Trustworthy news sources:

Alex Jones
Infowars
Mark Dice
Mike Cernovich
Newsbusters
Gateway Pundit
True Pundit
Zerohedge
Breitbart
Political Insider
Daily Caller
The Blaze

Not trusting these news sources leads to Derangement Syndrome.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:09 am

Joe wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:36 pm
Forty Two wrote:because the sloppy reporting for the last 2 years has been taken to a new and dramatic level. The false reports. The unfounded reports. The commonplace reliance of political leaks from guys like Adam Schiff, and other "unnamed" sources. The rumors are so fast, so furious, and so politically driven that it's impossible to sort through truth from fiction.
is pushing a speculative piece that claims the Clinton campaign may have colluded with the Russians to entrap the Trump campaign?

Yep, Clinton set up a compromising meeting between Lil' Trump and Russia and then never mentioned it again until someone else made it public after Trump had won the election.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Joe

Post by Joe » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:50 am

Brian Peacock wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:09 am
Joe wrote:

Yep, Clinton set up a compromising meeting between Lil' Trump and Russia and then never mentioned it again until someone else made it public after Trump had won the election.
Damn she's sneaky!
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:08 am

Lock her up!
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:29 am

Forty Two wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:56 pm
A growing body of evidence, however, indicates that the meeting may have been a setup -- part of a broad effort to tarnish the Trump campaign involving Hillary Clinton operatives employed by Kremlin-linked figures and Department of Justice officials. This view, that the real collusion may have taken place among those who arranged the meeting rather than the Trump officials who agreed to attend it, is supported by two disparate lines of evidence pulled together for the first time here: newly released records and a pattern of efforts to connect the Trump campaign to Russia.
The rest of the article is pure speculation from start to finish and includes phrases pointing to unnamed sources you have so frequently and strenuously used to discredit other articles in the past, such as "FBI confidential sources and other figures" and "one congressional investigator told". All told, if you took to it with your customary lawyerish approach you'd have shot it down in flames piece by useless piece using your wall of words style, and concluded that it is worthless because the allegations it contains had a snowflake's chance of standing up in court.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:57 am

Joe wrote:

Pushing? I cited it. It's an interesting piece. I freely admit that nobody has published clear proof of it.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:59 am

Pee pee tapes!
Actually, I think Russia owns Trump. His businesses would have collapsed without Russian investment.
Trump Won’t Follow Congressional Directives on Russia and Crimea
President Donald Trump objects to an effort by Congress to prevent his administration from recognizing Crimea as part of Russia.

Crimea is a region in Ukraine that has been occupied by Russia for several years, with the Russian Federation having claimed to have annexed the region in March 2014. Russian President Vladimir Putin has claimed the territorial matter is settled, but many in Washington disagree.

Language in the fiscal 2019 defense authorization, which Trump signed into law Monday during a ceremony at Fort Drum in upstate New York, purported to impose a funding blockade on the Pentagon acting on recognition of Crimea as part of Russia.

The literal text of the new law states: “None of the funds authorized to be appropriated by this Act or otherwise made available for fiscal year 2019 for the Department of Defense may be obligated or expended to implement any activity that recognizes the sovereignty of the Russian Federation over Crimea.”

The defense authorization law does allow for the provision to be waived, provided that the secretaries of Defense and State provide explanations to the relevant House and Senate committees.
https://www.rollcall.com/news/politics/ ... sia-crimea
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Joe

Post by Joe » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:13 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:57 am
Joe wrote:

Pushing? I cited it. It's an interesting piece. I freely admit that nobody has published clear proof of it.
Definition of cite:
quote (a passage, book, or author) as evidence for or justification of an argument or statement, especially in a scholarly work.
So, what point were you making by posting without comment? :prof:

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:37 pm

To post an interesting point relevant to the topic. People "post without comment" all the time. Not every post has to be some sort of slam dunk and conclusive proof of some point or another. If that was the test, most of the posts people have been posting about Donald Trump should receive the scrutiny you're giving mine. In that context, the thinnest, least supported, speculative theories on Trump's guilt or evil nature never seem to get questioned in this way.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:33 pm

Haven't we always been attacking the press? I think we have. At least I remember thinking it was odd that the British really do trust theirs. Of course they still attack all others though. We all do, all the time really.