Trump and Russia; Spasiba, Harasho!

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Re: Trump and Russia; Spasiba, Harasho!

Post by pErvinalia » Thu May 10, 2018 5:03 am

Yebbut how many websites did Hillary Clinton set up? Lol, now it's illegal to set up websites?

[/consise 42]
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Thu May 17, 2018 11:53 am

No big deal--everybody lies to the US Congress these days.

'Michael Cohen's efforts to build a Trump Tower in Moscow went on longer than he has previously acknowledged'
Prosecutors and congressional investigators have obtained text messages and emails showing that President Trump’s personal attorney, Michael Cohen, was working on a deal for a Trump Tower in Moscow far later than Cohen has previously acknowledged. The communications show that as late as May 2016, around the time Trump was clinching the Republican nomination, Cohen was considering a trip to Russia to meet about the project with high-level government officials, business leaders and bankers.

Cohen has said that, beginning in September 2015, he worked with a Russian-born developer named Felix Sater to build a luxury hotel, office, and apartment complex called Trump World Tower Moscow. In a statement to Congress, Cohen claimed he gave up on the project in late January 2016, when he determined the “proposal was not feasible for a variety of business reasons and should not be pursued further.”

However, Yahoo News has learned that text messages and emails that Sater provided to the government seem to contradict Cohen’s version of events. The communications show Cohen was discussing the deal until at least May 2016.

Multiple sources have described to Yahoo News the texts and emails with Cohen that Sater has provided to the government. Sater confirmed to Yahoo News that he provided all of his texts and emails with Cohen to special counsel Robert Mueller’s team as well as to the House Intelligence Committee and the Senate’s Intelligence and Judiciary committees.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Thu May 17, 2018 12:42 pm

I'd call it a big fat nothing, unless you want to convict people for stringing others along, or knowing a deal isn't going to happen a few months before officially giving it up.

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Thu May 17, 2018 10:57 pm

... especially since deals to build things in Russia are not illegal.

The US government publishes guides to help businesses do business in and with Russia. https://2016.export.gov/russia/build/gr ... 115417.pdf

It is not a crime. It is not wrong. It is not unpatriotic. It is not treasonous. It is not immoral. To do business with and in Russia, including the construction business.

Cohen was trying to work on a deal for construction project in Moscow! There it is! Proof! Proof that Trump has colluded with Russia!

...c'mon, folks.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Thu May 17, 2018 10:59 pm

We need to take a good hard look at France. https://financialobserver.eu/cse-and-ci ... eluctance/

France is a NATO members. Look at how much French business is colluding with Russia. All of them are disqualified from office, now, right? If they or anyone they know did business with Russians, then that's it - no politics for you.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri May 18, 2018 12:03 am

We need to look to London too. Russian money has been sloshing around UK politics and business for 20 years or more. Let's no pretend that the "Look over there!" argument means nobody should be looking over here too.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Fri May 18, 2018 12:13 am

Indeed, despite Glasnost and the fall of communism, anyone who does business with a Russian is a traitor.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri May 18, 2018 12:31 pm

Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Fri May 18, 2018 12:39 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 10:57 pm
... especially since deals to build things in Russia are not illegal.

The US government publishes guides to help businesses do business in and with Russia. https://2016.export.gov/russia/build/gr ... 115417.pdf

It is not a crime. It is not wrong. It is not unpatriotic. It is not treasonous. It is not immoral. To do business with and in Russia, including the construction business.

Cohen was trying to work on a deal for construction project in Moscow! There it is! Proof! Proof that Trump has colluded with Russia!

...c'mon, folks.
Oh, I think he did it. Like I said I think it would be best and safest to remove them all and start over. Even if you're right, think of the level of corruption necessary for your narrative to be the correct one --see, either way they all gotta go.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Fri May 18, 2018 12:45 pm

You think he did what, exactly?

What are you supposing I'm right about? It not being illegal, immoral or unethical to have business dealings or construction projects in Russia?

What corruption is necessary for my "narrative" (I did not give a narrative) to be the correct one?

What do you think my narrative is?

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Fri May 18, 2018 12:53 pm

Oh stop it.

Are you going to deny that you've at least given the impression that you believe this whole "Russia thing" is a conspiracy to discredit Trump and that everybody on the left including the media is in on it? --that's a narrative, and that would require a great deal of corruption

I think Trump and co definitely knew the Russians were helping them and were okay with it, and they may have even sought to collaborate.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri May 18, 2018 2:49 pm

Oh come on Sean. IF Trump colluded he only colluded within the law, therefore he's done nothing wrong. Anyone who questions that is not only wrong, but is a defacto, proven, malignant non-patriot. Do you really want to be that guy? Eh?

Frank Zappa

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Fri May 18, 2018 4:56 pm

Sean Hayden wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 12:53 pm
Oh stop it.

Are you going to deny that you've at least given the impression that you believe this whole "Russia thing" is a conspiracy to discredit Trump and that everybody on the left including the media is in on it? --that's a narrative, and that would require a great deal of corruption

I think Trump and co definitely knew the Russians were helping them and were okay with it, and they may have even sought to collaborate.
That's not the narrative. My narrative is that there hasn't been a shred of evidence of wrongdoing in relation to alleged "collusion" with Russia. The "Russia thing" is called the "Russia thing" because nobody can point to anything wrong. It's just innuendo and gossip.

One, there is nothing "wrong" with Trump knowing that Russia was "helping them" and being o.k. with it. If, for example, Russia was funding facebook ads that were pro-Trump, and Trump knew about it, what was his legal obligation?

Do you think foreign interests and governments haven't taken steps to help other candidates? Do we really need to go there? That's not a crime.

And, there is a massive faction of people that want to discredit trump, and work toward that goal. It doesn't have to be a corrupt conspiracy. It's people who hate the guy. 85% of the media hate him. Half the establishment GOP hate him. All the Democrats hate him. It doesn't take a "Bush Did 9/11" type nonsense conspiracy theory to see that everything Trump does is purposefully misconstrued.

Look at the latest one, when he called MS-13 gang members animals. The widespread media reports were that Trump called all immigrants animals. They take every opportunity to do stuff like that.

Now, if you really think there was some wrongful collusion going on, then show the evidence. I'm sure you don't have any, because Mueller doesn't have any.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Fri May 18, 2018 4:59 pm

You've given me the impression that you think it's a conspiracy and that the media is in on it. I don't believe you when you say that isn't what you think.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Fri May 18, 2018 5:28 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 2:49 pm
Oh come on Sean. IF Trump colluded he only colluded within the law, therefore he's done nothing wrong. Anyone who questions that is not only wrong, but is a defacto, proven, malignant non-patriot. Do you really want to be that guy? Eh?
No, it's not about questioning it. All I'm saying is that right now nobody has presented evidence that he has done anything illegal, immoral or unethical in relation to Russia. None. Zip. Zilch. Nada.

You are free to question that all you want. But, if you think there is anything wrong that went on, be specific as to what it is, and tell me what law or ethical/moral principle has been violated by doing it.

Being the client of a lawyer who was talking to Russians about building a construction project in Moscow is not even wrong, let alone illegal. It's a good thing. The US government has for 20 + years been encouraging doing business in Russia. American companies do business in almost every country in the world, including dictatorships and other nasty places.

What's the wrongful conduct?

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdP8TiKY8dE[/youtube]