Trump and Russia; Spasiba, Harasho!

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Re: Trump and Russia; Spasiba, Harasho!

Post by Tero » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:37 am

Trump on Putin

“I don't want to get into whether or not he's lying. I can only say that I do have confidence in our intelligence agencies as currently constituted,”
President Trump told CBS Evening News anchor Jeff Glor.
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:10 am

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:44 pm

Putin is revered by white nationalist, nativist and white supremacist movements around the world. What happened on Monday isn’t just the public acknowledgement of collusion between the two national leaders, it’s the solidification of a new, white nationalist pact that trickles down from the White House to Republicans in Congress to the National Rifle Association and various other groups whose entire goal is the elimination or the subjugation of black people.

Just in case you were wondering if this was some type of hyperbole, here’s one of the few people on the planet who was happy about Trump and Putin’s performance on Monday: Former KKK Grand Wizard and Republican David Duke was thrilled with the meeting and couldn’t find enough anti-Semetic slurs to express his joy. On a night when everyone, from sniveling House Speaker Paul Ryan to Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, found ways to disagree with Donald Trump, Duke was popping bottles.
In full: https://www.theroot.com/so-trump-is-a-t ... t_facebook
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:40 pm

Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:52 pm

But... but... emails...

"Putin has outsmarted her at every step of the way."

Christ.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:03 pm

Uh, Uranium One, and, and, phony dossier, and HER EMAILS!!! (Heheh, Seabass got there first.)

Meanwhile, Trump continues to sharpen his skills in Image.

The Deep State got to him, and now Putin's 'incredible' offer is, well, something he 'disagrees with.'

'White House says Trump disagrees with Putin proposal to hand over Americans'
The White House backed away on Thursday from President Donald Trump’s prior openness to a Russian government request to interrogate Americans, including former U.S. ambassador to Russia Michael McFaul, bowing to a fresh round of outrage resulting from Trump's meeting with Vladimir Putin.

The Russian president, at a news conference with Trump on Monday, suggested that his government would allow the investigators from the office of special counsel Robert Mueller to interrogate the 12 Russian military intelligence officials it indicted last week if the U.S. would reciprocate by allowing the Russian government to interrogate certain Americans with ties to Bill Browder, an American-born financier who has lobbied heavily against the Russian government.

Trump called the idea an "incredible offer" during the news conference. And on Wednesday, White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said that the president would “meet with his team” on Putin's proposal, setting off a Russia-related backlash against the Trump administration for the third straight day.

By Thursday, as the Senate prepared to formally rebuke Trump, the White House reversed course.

“It is a proposal that was made in sincerity by President Putin, but President Trump disagrees with it," Sanders said in a statement. "Hopefully President Putin will have the 12 identified Russians come to the United States to prove their innocence or guilt.”

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:37 pm

Well at least he seems to be listening to the grown ups now, but best wait and see what he tweets during his 3am toilet break eh?
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:20 pm

He and Putin can talk about it again in a few months.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:33 am

Brian Peacock wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:37 pm
Well at least he seems to be listening to the grown ups now, but best wait and see what he tweets during his 3am toilet break eh?
That's only an impression... he listens to nobody.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:59 pm

Not so much a poodle as an elderly basset hound.

'Trump Is Coming Off as Putin’s Poodle, But That Actually Undermines Russia’s Main Goal'
At this point, Trump is very nearly Russia’s last friend in Washington. The fact that he is president of the United States is some compensation—but not as much as one might think.

In this sense, the Helsinki summit was an effort to explore how useful Trump can be to Russia. As my European Council on Foreign Relations colleague Kadri Liik noted, Moscow’s agenda for the summit was not so much to produce any specific deliverable but rather to help Trump get out from under the Russia meddling scandal and facilitate the acceptance of Trump’s approach to Russia among the Republican establishment. Only once Trump could bring along at least a portion of the U.S. establishment could they make any progress on issues such as Syria, Ukraine, and sanctions that matter to the Russian government.

This goal required Trump to demonstrate that he could simultaneously protect U.S. interests even while working with Putin and Russia. By instead appearing as Putin’s poodle, Trump undermined that goal. As the Russian state TV host Olga Skabeeva put it, “When Trump says our relations are bad because of American foolishness and stupidity, he really smells like an agent of the Kremlin.” If they can smell it even in Moscow, it must reek in Washington.

At the Helsinki press conference, one could almost see the moment that Putin realized that Trump had gone too far and that it would blow back against Russia in U.S. domestic politics. At the very end, after Trump had failed to even mention America’s opposition to Russia’s annexation of Crimea, Putin felt the need to spell out Trump’s position for him: “The posture of President Trump on Crimea is well known, and he stands firmly by it. He continues to maintain that it was illegal to annex it.” Even after Putin’s helpful prompt, Trump failed to step up and condemn the annexation, instead choosing to use his final intervention to once again bash the FBI. From the standpoint of the operative in the Kremlin, this episode neatly encapsulates the difference between a useful idiot and just an idiot.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:27 pm

I told you so! The European Union just slapped a Five Billion Dollar fine on one of our great companies, Google. They truly have taken advantage of the U.S., but not for long!

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:10 pm

https://twitter.com/P_Lepinkainen/statu ... 8013340672

it says:

You are so screwed, I would quit tweeting. Britney solved a similar problem by letting her handlers handle her. You just read the teleprompter after Putin visit if it happens, then play golf.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:31 am

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:37 am

SOUTHERN NATIONALIST GROUP CREATES RUSSIAN LANGUAGE WEBSITE PAGE TO FOSTER RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN THE 'TWO NATURAL ALLIES'
https://www.newsweek.com/league-south-w ... ir-1035916

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:16 pm

Animavore wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:46 am
Putin said last week that he supported Trump in that meeting. Y'know, the one were he made Trump look like a bashful 3 year-old?

The White House, however, have edited that question out of their official version of the briefing.

https://www.theatlantic.com/internation ... pt/565385/
Europa has always been at war with Oceania.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT