Trump, the man with a dream of a Wall

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Re: Trump, the man with a dream of a Wall

Post by Tero » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:31 pm

Fake president tweets and tweets. The statements become mantra for Trump voters:
The Fake News is beside themselves that McCabe was caught, called out and fired. How many hundreds of thousands of dollars was given to wife’s campaign by Crooked H friend, Terry M, who was also under investigation? How many lies? How many leaks? Comey knew it all, and much more!
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 7162811394
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:03 pm

More on Cambridge Analytica:

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:11 pm

Cambridge Analytica execs boasts of dirty tricks to swing elections

Guardian.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:35 pm

Trump just hired a deep-state conspiracy theorist as his lawyer. Here’s what Joe diGenova has said.

Trump's legal team on Monday announced the hiring of Joseph E. diGenova, a former U.S. attorney who served as an independent counsel and a special counsel in the 1990s and was later hired by the New York Senate to investigate Gov. Eliot Spitzer (D). The hiring was first reported by the New York Times.

DiGenova clearly has experience, but what may make him most attractive to Trump is his thoughts on this particular case. He told Fox News Channel in January that the investigation is “a brazen plot to illegally exonerate Hillary Clinton and, if she didn’t win the election, to then frame Donald Trump with a falsely created crime.”

“Make no mistake about it: A group of FBI and DOJ people were trying to frame Donald Trump of a falsely created crime,” diGenova said.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the ... -has-said/

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:26 am

Death penalty for drug dealers. Most liberal President ever! :roll:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:48 am

Making America great again, one execution at a time!
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:11 am

He should just skip the fluff and execute all Mexicans and African Americans.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:49 am

pErvinalia wrote:Death penalty for drug dealers. Most liberal President ever! :roll:
duterte is a very liberal prez... for the filippines.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:12 am

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:43 am

Svartalf wrote:
pErvinalia wrote:Death penalty for drug dealers. Most liberal President ever! :roll:
duterte is a very liberal prez... for the filippines.
Trump is just jealous.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:07 am

Tero wrote:Trump just hired a deep-state conspiracy theorist as his lawyer. Here’s what Joe diGenova has said.

Trump's legal team on Monday announced the hiring of Joseph E. diGenova, a former U.S. attorney who served as an independent counsel and a special counsel in the 1990s and was later hired by the New York Senate to investigate Gov. Eliot Spitzer (D). The hiring was first reported by the New York Times.

DiGenova clearly has experience, but what may make him most attractive to Trump is his thoughts on this particular case. He told Fox News Channel in January that the investigation is “a brazen plot to illegally exonerate Hillary Clinton and, if she didn’t win the election, to then frame Donald Trump with a falsely created crime.”

“Make no mistake about it: A group of FBI and DOJ people were trying to frame Donald Trump of a falsely created crime,” diGenova said.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the ... -has-said/
Yeah, and don't mention the fact that the Republican-controlled Senate and Congress initiated their own investigations and the special council investigation was initiated by Sessions' Dojo. Why do these people love Hillary so much?
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:53 am

John Dean: 'Trump is Nixon on steroids and stilts'
https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/19/politics ... index.html

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:52 pm

Tero wrote:John Dean: 'Trump is Nixon on steroids and stilts'
https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/19/politics ... index.html
Man, I love modern journalism.

Trump is Nixon on steroids and stilts! He's already done more wrong than Nixon ever did! But, of course, one reads the article, and gets absolutely zero examples of what Trump has done that is criminal or worthy of resigning/impeachment. The article is entirely about things Trump said -- calling the investigation biased and witch hunt and such tweets. That's the entirety.

So, Nixon, of course, was involved in Watergate. Watergate involved the Committee to Reelect the President, through Howard Hunt and G Gordon Liddy, directing breakings (multiple) of the Democratic National Committte headquarters in Washington DC where they were stealing and photographing documents, and bugging the offices, on behalf of Nixon's committee for reelection. Jeb McGruder claimed to have heard Nixon actually order the break-in.

Nixon's operatives engaged in a whole bevy of criminal activity, much of it targeted at sabotaging his political opponents. His White House had an investigative unit known as the "plumbers" who were tasked with much of this. As White House aide Charles Colson said to Nixon once, "We did a hell of a lot of things and never got caught."

One "plumber" operation involved breaking into the offices of Lewis Fielding, the psychiatrist of Daniel Ellsberg. Ellsberg, as a government contractor, had contributed to a massive report on the war effort in Vietnam, detailing ways the Kennedy and Johnson White Houses had misled the public about the war, that would come to be known as the Pentagon Papers. He leaked it to the New York Times, the Washington Post, and various senators.

President Nixon considered using the plumbers to break into the Brookings Institution, a think tank where two other scholars who had worked on the Pentagon Papers (Leslie Gelb and Morton Halperin) worked, so as to retrieve any related documents in their possession; Colson would eventually consider doing the job through a firebombing.

Nixon's campaign committee illegally attempted to interfere in the 1972 Democratic primaries in a variety of ways. "They made it their goal to get any stronger candidates eliminated," Drew tells me. "I'm not saying they achieved [George] McGovern's nomination, but that was their goal."

Nixon reelection committee operative Donald Segretti was involved in fabricating multiple documents with stationery from Maine Sen. Edmund Muskie, the 1968 vice presidential nominee and a strong contender for the presidency that year. One accused Sen. Henry "Scoop" Jackson, also a 1972 contestant, of having an illegitimate child with a teenager and of having been arrested for homosexuality. Another slurred French-Canadians as "Canucks," then a potent racial epithet; that damaged Muskie's standing in the New Hampshire primary and contributed to his eventual defeat.

There's tape of Colson bragging about blackmail efforts where even Nixon sounds surprised — but on the tape, Colson swears he'll take those secrets to his grave, and he seems to have kept his word (Colson died in 2012). Reviewing John Dean's book The Nixon Defense, Bob Woodward wrote that "the full story of the Nixon administration's secret operations may forever remain buried along with their now-deceased perpetrators."

Within days of the break-in, Nixon decided to ask the CIA to disrupt the FBI's investigation of the incident, on the grounds that it concerned matters of national security. The White House paid hush money to co-conspirators, including $75,000 to Hunt personally; Nixon was caught on tape discussing the arrangements with the same John Dean that you linked to, who says Trump is way past Nixon on this issue. John Dean, who was directly involved with payments of husgh money to co-conspirators involved in breaking into the Democratic National Committee to steal documents, dig up dirt and bug the offices of Nixon's opponents.

Nixon tried, to no avail, to have aides manufacture dictatape evidence to give to Judge Sirica. Nixon implied to Ehrlichman that they should prevent Dean from continuing to cooperate with investigators by offering him clemency in exchange for keeping his mouth shut. Ehrlichman ordered Colson to offer clemency to Hunt in exchange for silence.

Nixon ordered his attorney general, Eliot Richardson, to fire Cox. Richardson refused, resigning instead. The new acting attorney general, William Ruckelshaus, refused as well, and resigned. The third in command at the Justice Department, Solicitor General Robert Bork (whom Ronald Reagan would later try and fail to appoint to the Supreme Court), finally carried out the order to fire Cox. The office of special prosecutor was abolished, and the investigation was sent back to the Justice Department proper.

Nixon tried to use the IRS to investigate political enemies (like Lois Lerner and the IRS scandal under Obama), used the FBI to do illegal surveillance (like the surveillance of Trump associates during the 2016 campaign), oversaw the break-in to Ellsberg's psychiatrist's office, and allowed the plumbers to work in the White House in general.

Now, who is John Dean -- he was White House counsel, and served a reduced sentence of four months for conspiracy to obstruct justice, due to his cooperation with investigators. So, even though he cooperated against Nixon, he had to serve his time for his part in acting, with Nixon, as part of the conspiracy to obstruct justice.

And, that's the guy who says that Trump has gone far beyond watergate. Odd that he did not list the offices Trump's people have broken into. Odd that he did not point out how Trump, like Nixon, fired the special prosecutor and shut down the investigation (because, of course, he didn't - it's been going on for a year and a half now). And, he did not recount how any witnesses have been paid off or promised stuff to keep them silent. Odd how Dean couldn't even tell us who got a similar payment to the one Dean orchestrated himself to buy a witness' silence. Odd that Dean has not identified a single crime committed by Trump or any Trump election personnel in relation to the 2016 campaign, or any instance of obstruction of justice or other bad act -- at all - not one. But, he says that Trump is Nixon on steroids and stilts.

Can you see now how pathetic CNN is?
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:10 pm

Nixon went to China. Trump is going to have to go to N Korea.

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:49 pm