Trump, the man with a dream of a Wall

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Re: Trump, the man with a dream of a Wall

Post by Forty Two » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:52 pm

pErvinalia wrote:
Forty Two wrote:
pErvinalia wrote:By the way, we all know how 42 is going to respond to this video don't we? "Yebbut, the Democrats do it too..". What I call his "tu quoque by proxy".
What is it that the video says is done by whom? I wasn't going to bother with it. Can you tell me what understanding it gave you?
Well regular sort of stuff that you'd expect of major political parties (i.e. stuff the Dems would undoubtedly do as well) - either do voter analysis and then target questionable advertising to swing them, or pay someone else to do it. That in itself, while not illegal, IMO doesn't really gel with the principles of honest and open democracy. But the real problem seems to have been the Super PACs, who it appears have been directed by Trump's campaign team (Cambridge Analytica), and the law apparently prohibits politicians having anything to do with the actions of the Super PACs. That might not be an accurate summary, as I don't know the specifics of your system, so I might be misquoting or misinterpreting something there. You'd be best to watch it yourself.

After I was resoundingly called to task for posting videos without providing a summary, complete with notations of minute/second locations where specific information can be found, I don't find it necessary to watch such videos.

If the video is about the use of social media data by campaigns, well, in 2012 it was a game changer and a proper, transformative use of new campaign technology. When Trump campaign folks do it, then it's wrong. As usual.

I'm sure there will be some justification -- I'm sure the way the 2012 candidates used the data was proper and just, and never an overreach, and something in the way the Trump folks did it makes it wrong. That's typically how these things go.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:54 pm

Forty Two wrote:
pErvinalia wrote:
Forty Two wrote:
pErvinalia wrote:"The concept of 'Crooked Hillary' was promoted widely on Facebook, Google and Twitter (and 42's head)..."
She admitted to wrongdoing in the server issue. And Comey confirmed that she lied about it.

It's pretty clear that donors to the Clinton Foundation got access and special treatment. And, it's pretty clear the Clintons fleeced Haiti.

You are naive enough to think she's the honest politician?
Not at all. But the point is how you seem to parrot Fox News talking points and catch phrases and now it's clear where a number of those came from - CA.
The admission of wrongdoing came from her own mouth. I saw and heard her say it.

I watched Comey's testimony about Clinton's lies. A lot of things that she said were confirmed as not true by Comey.

The Justice Department just opened up a new investigation on pay-for-play and the Clinton Foundation. Surely you agree with the merits of having such an investigation, yes? http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/36 ... estigation

The media, of course, generally disbelieves admitted reality, until confirmed, after which they just ignore it. Like when nobody cares that the Hillary Camp destroys electronic communication equipment with hammers -- http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing- ... hones-with - Or, when there was supposedly a major breach of security by the horrible enemy, Russia, that the DNC would deny the FBI the ability to inspect the computer servers themselves....http://thehill.com/policy/national-secu ... nc-servers
You're missing the point. Watch the CA video. CA is where the phrase "crooked Hillary" was conceived and propagated. Fox News and you are just a pawn to these sorts of people.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:55 pm

Forty Two wrote:
pErvinalia wrote:
Forty Two wrote:
pErvinalia wrote:By the way, we all know how 42 is going to respond to this video don't we? "Yebbut, the Democrats do it too..". What I call his "tu quoque by proxy".
What is it that the video says is done by whom? I wasn't going to bother with it. Can you tell me what understanding it gave you?
Well regular sort of stuff that you'd expect of major political parties (i.e. stuff the Dems would undoubtedly do as well) - either do voter analysis and then target questionable advertising to swing them, or pay someone else to do it. That in itself, while not illegal, IMO doesn't really gel with the principles of honest and open democracy. But the real problem seems to have been the Super PACs, who it appears have been directed by Trump's campaign team (Cambridge Analytica), and the law apparently prohibits politicians having anything to do with the actions of the Super PACs. That might not be an accurate summary, as I don't know the specifics of your system, so I might be misquoting or misinterpreting something there. You'd be best to watch it yourself.

After I was resoundingly called to task for posting videos without providing a summary, complete with notations of minute/second locations where specific information can be found, I don't find it necessary to watch such videos.

If the video is about the use of social media data by campaigns, well, in 2012 it was a game changer and a proper, transformative use of new campaign technology. When Trump campaign folks do it, then it's wrong. As usual.

I'm sure there will be some justification -- I'm sure the way the 2012 candidates used the data was proper and just, and never an overreach, and something in the way the Trump folks did it makes it wrong. That's typically how these things go.
How about you watch the video before commenting on it?
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:19 pm

pErvinalia wrote: You're missing the point. Watch the CA video. CA is where the phrase "crooked Hillary" was conceived and propagated. Fox News and you are just a pawn to these sorts of people.
Make the point that you think I'm missing. Write it out.'

So what if CA is where the phrase "crooked Hillary" was conceived and propagated? What's the problem? Is it illegal? Is it unethical? What law or ethics rule is at play?

What did they do wrong?

What did they do that other candidates did not?

If I'm a pawn of these sorts of people, can you tell me how you gained immunity? You do read the media and use social media, yes?
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:21 pm

pErvinalia wrote:
Forty Two wrote:
pErvinalia wrote:
Forty Two wrote:

I'm not commenting on the video.

I was called to task for posting videos without summaries, complete with minute by minute references. Posting a video and asking people to watch it, when I did it, was wrong.

Just tell me what they did wrong. So far, you said CA was where they got the term crooked Hillary. Not sure how that's an issue. Just type out the words explaining what the problem is, if you can.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:11 pm

Forty Two wrote:
pErvinalia wrote: You're missing the point. Watch the CA video. CA is where the phrase "crooked Hillary" was conceived and propagated. Fox News and you are just a pawn to these sorts of people.
Make the point that you think I'm missing. Write it out.'

So what if CA is where the phrase "crooked Hillary" was conceived and propagated? What's the problem? Is it illegal? Is it unethical? What law or ethics rule is at play?

What did they do wrong?

What did they do that other candidates did not?

If I'm a pawn of these sorts of people, can you tell me how you gained immunity? You do read the media and use social media, yes?
You're still missing the point. You parroted the phrase around, probably not knowing that you were unwittingly part of the propaganda machine.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:17 pm

Forty Two wrote:
pErvinalia wrote:
Forty Two wrote:
pErvinalia wrote:
Forty Two wrote: What is it that the video says is done by whom? I wasn't going to bother with it. Can you tell me what understanding it gave you?

I'm not commenting on the video.
So when you said "If the video is about..." you weren't commenting on the video? I see.
I was called to task for posting videos without summaries, complete with minute by minute references. Posting a video and asking people to watch it, when I did it, was wrong.
Who gives a fuck? What does this sob story have to do with the contents of this particular video?
Just tell me what they did wrong. So far, you said CA was where they got the term crooked Hillary. Not sure how that's an issue. Just type out the words explaining what the problem is, if you can.
What in the hell is wrong with you? I explained what the problem was (as I interpreted it) in my first response to you about the video! I explained, though, that I'm not overly familiar with your system and terms, so I may be paraphrasing incorrectly. Hence why you should watch the video. If you are unwilling to watch the video, don't watch the video. Just don't expect me to carry on a conversation with you about the video. Maybe someone who understands the system better will summarise it for you.

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:27 pm

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:58 pm

No one has mentioned the latest Trump "WTF moment" - ringing Putin to congratulate him on his surprise re-election. He really does seem to love dictators..

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:58 pm

Why yes, it's totally unreasonable for Trump to be upset that his confidential Presidential briefings are being leaked to the public by people who are supposed to keep it confidential.

And, what's the reporting by CNN? Trump "fuming" and "furious" at the leak. Oh, no!

And, CNN paints this as something Trump did wrong. He ignored advice given to him to "not congratulate" Putin. Sounds like a minor thing. His opposition, like McCain, railed against it, though, saying that the President should never congratulate a "dictator" on winning a "sham election."

While there has been some general commentary published by Europeans like the OSCE and Amnesty International - there is no published evidence that there is any significant vote rigging in the Russian elections. They just say that, generally, they cannot say that the elections were fair. But, part of this is because of Russian resistance to outside inspection, which is not abnormal for countries to engage in. The OSCE hasn't really specified what specifically they say was done to make the elections "not fair." Basically, it's an argument that Putin is really powerful, has won a lot, and they haven't been allowed deep access to the system to verify objectively that the process is fair. But, hardly any countries allow such intervention in their domestic systems. They do so often to protect sovereignty, and for political reasons - the Russians in this case would be suspicious that the European agencies involved were being used against Russia for political gain. There certainly is motive and opportunity for that to be the case, although there is no proof of that either.

So, do we know Putin was elected in a rigged election? And, how was it rigged?

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:02 pm

Forty Two wrote:Why yes, it's totally unreasonable for Trump to be upset that his confidential Presidential briefings are being leaked to the public by people who are supposed to keep it confidential.

And, what's the reporting by CNN? Trump "fuming" and "furious" at the leak. Oh, no!

And, CNN paints this as something Trump did wrong. He ignored advice given to him to "not congratulate" Putin. Sounds like a minor thing. His opposition, like McCain, railed against it, though, saying that the President should never congratulate a "dictator" on winning a "sham election."

While there has been some general commentary published by Europeans like the OSCE and Amnesty International - there is no published evidence that there is any significant vote rigging in the Russian elections.
Where did you get vote rigging from? Banning opponents and open media alone make it a sham election.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:16 pm

Well, the banned opponent, Navalny, was convicted of fraud and embezzlement, twice, in Russia, and that was what barred him from running. According to the Russian Supreme Court, the bar is in accordance with the law.

The European Court of Human Rights ruled that his first trial was not fair, but take a look at this summary, criticizing the ECHR in this matter, and suggesting that the ECHR determination was not fair. http://theduran.com/navalny-case-russia ... an-rights/

In response to that decision, the Russians re-tried him, and followed the points set out by the ECHR and he was convicted.

Not sure how this makes Putin a dictator.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:11 pm

Forty Two wrote:Well, the banned opponent, Navalny, was convicted of fraud and embezzlement, twice, in Russia, and that was what barred him from running. According to the Russian Supreme Court, the bar is in accordance with the law.
Jesus fucking Christ. You've got Russian/Trump cock so far up your colon you're probably chocking on it. Russia is a fascist state nearing an autocracy. How you can think a fascist and nearly autocratic state can hold open and fair elections is beyond me. But then, most of your "thinking" is beyond reasonable explanation. Other than extreme bias.

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:24 pm

Forty Two wrote:
pErvinalia wrote:
Forty Two wrote:

The 2012 campaign did not have connections to Russia.
The 2012 campaign did not steal massive amounts of Facebook user data.
The 2012 campaign did not use fake news, honey traps, bribes or entrapment to destroy opponents.
The 2012 campaign did not engage in any illegal activities.

If you can't or won't watch the video for some stupid goddamn reason, then perhaps you'll read about it.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... -elections

https://www.channel4.com/news/cambridge ... estigation
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:44 pm

pErvinalia wrote:
Forty Two wrote:Well, the banned opponent, Navalny, was convicted of fraud and embezzlement, twice, in Russia, and that was what barred him from running. According to the Russian Supreme Court, the bar is in accordance with the law.
Jesus fucking Christ. You've got Russian/Trump cock so far up your colon you're probably chocking on it. Russia is a fascist state nearing an autocracy. How you can think a fascist and nearly autocratic state can hold open and fair elections is beyond me. But then, most of your "thinking" is beyond reasonable explanation. Other than extreme bias.
Good lord, he really has gone through the looking glass. Defending Putin now...
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka