Trump, the man with a dream of a Wall

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Re: Trump, the man with a dream of a Wall

Post by Seabass » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:33 pm

Here it comes...
Trump’s Lawyer: It’s Time to End the Mueller Probe

President Donald Trump’s personal lawyer, John Dowd, told The Daily Beast on Saturday morning that he hopes Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein will shut down Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s probe into Russia’s election interference.

Reached for comment by email about the firing of former Deputy FBI Director Andrew McCabe, Dowd sent The Daily Beast the text of Trump’s most recent tweet on the subject, which applauded the dismissal.

“I pray that Acting Attorney General Rosenstein will follow the brilliant and courageous example of the FBI Office of Professional Responsibility and Attorney General Jeff Sessions and bring an end to alleged Russia Collusion investigation manufactured by McCabe’s boss James Comey based upon a fraudulent and corrupt Dossier,” Dowd then wrote.

In making the statement, a senior member of Trump's legal team joins the calls from his base to end the probe. As late as mid-December, another Trump lawyer, Ty Cobb, had brushed aside talk of stopped Mueller’s investigation, stressing that there was "no consideration at the White House of terminating the special counsel." The president himself has called the Mueller probe a “witch hunt,” but has not publicly urged Rosenstein to shutter it.

When The Daily Beast initially asked Dowd if he was speaking on behalf of the president, he answered, “Yes as his counsel.” After publication of this story, however, Dowd emailed to say he was actually speaking in his personal capacity, and not on the president’s behalf.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trumps-la ... rt-mueller
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:08 pm

Of course. Boy are the FBI and congress thick. Trump will fire as many people as necessary.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:18 pm

And the traitorous Republicans will let him.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:14 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:Does he keep his pension? One assumes that being sacked (2 days before he retired) means he'll lose some of his benefits? That looks a bit suspicious - punitive.
No pension, according to the article.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:38 pm

Yeah, I thought so. It sends a certain message to the FBI and others doesn't it?
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:52 pm

Yeah, they can get fucked like the rest of us. Or why else suppose this will anger the "working stiff"? --business as usual :tea:

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:20 pm

Cambridge Analytica! Information warfare!
Guardian: The Cambridge Analytica Files—‘I created Steve Bannon’s psychological warfare tool’: meet the data war whistleblower

For more than a year we’ve been investigating Cambridge Analytica and its links to the Brexit Leave campaign in the UK and Team Trump in the US presidential election. Now, 28-year-old Christopher Wylie goes on the record to discuss his role in hijacking the profiles of millions of Facebook users in order to target the US electorate
Russia, Facebook, Trump, Mercer, Bannon, Brexit. Every one of these threads runs through Cambridge Analytica. Even in the past few weeks, it seems as if the understanding of Facebook’s role has broadened and deepened. The Mueller indictments were part of that, but Paul-Olivier Dehaye – a data expert and academic based in Switzerland, who published some of the first research into Cambridge Analytica’s processes – says it’s become increasingly apparent that Facebook is “abusive by design”. If there is evidence of collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia, it will be in the platform’s data flows, he says. And Wylie’s revelations only move it on again.

“Facebook has denied and denied and denied this,” Dehaye says when told of the Observer’s new evidence. “It has misled MPs and congressional investigators and it’s failed in its duties to respect the law.It has a legal obligation to inform regulators and individuals about this data breach, and it hasn’t. It’s failed time and time again to be open and transparent.”

Facebook denies that the data transfer was a breach. In addition, a spokesperson said: “Protecting people’s information is at the heart of everything we do, and we require the same from people who operate apps on Facebook. If these reports are true, it’s a serious abuse of our rules. Both Aleksandr Kogan as well as the SCL Group and Cambridge Analytica certified to us that they destroyed the data in question.”

Millions of people’s personal information was stolen and used to target them in ways they wouldn’t have seen, and couldn’t have known about, by a mercenary outfit, Cambridge Analytica, who, Wylie says, “would work for anyone”. Who would pitch to Russian oil companies. Would they subvert elections abroad on behalf of foreign governments?
full article:
https://www.theguardian.com/news/2018/m ... nnon-trump

ETA: Interview with Wylie:

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:19 pm

Posted that in the 'alt-right' thread too.

Frank Zappa

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:07 pm

He dresses funny and has red hair. Clearly Antifa.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:44 am

And he used to work for a tiny far-left UK political group called The Liberal Democrats - obviously a false flag put up job. :tea:

Frank Zappa

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:47 am

Is his middle name "Anonymous-Source"?
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:17 am

When speaking of Christopher Wylie it is important to keep in mind that it takes a lot longer to walk from his London office to his Cambridge office than it takes to fly from London to an fundamentalist Islamic terrorist training camp in Somalia. I'm not saying Christopher Wylie has ever flown from London to an fundamentalist Islamic terrorist training camp in Somalia, just that when speaking of Christopher Wylie it is important to keep in mind that it takes a lot longer to walk from his London office to his Cambridge office than it takes to fly from London to an fundamentalist Islamic terrorist training camp in Somalia.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:34 am

:lol:

Didn't he once say something nice about Hillary?

cronus
Black Market Analyst
About me: Illis quos amo deserviam

America after Trump?

Post by cronus » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:29 pm

Will it return to normal, whatever normal might be, or continue its slide into a satellite of Russia both ideologically and politically? Can things get worse? or better?
What will the world be like after its ruler is removed?

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Re: America after Trump?

Post by pErvinalia » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:50 pm

I suspect things can, and probably will, get worse. As scary as it sounds to say that.