U.S. oil industry set to break record, upend global trade

Tyrannical

Re: U.S. oil industry set to break record, upend global trad

Post by Tyrannical » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:53 pm

The shale industry boom obviously did start while Obama was President, but Trump being pro the industry investment has increased it.
He's more willing to help speed through pipelines is a big thing. Especially for LNG their is a shortage, especially with import terminals being reconfigured for export. Set to be the world's largest LNG exporter too, possibly :thinks:
A rational skeptic should be able to discuss and debate anything, no matter how much they may personally disagree with that point of view. Discussing a subject is not agreeing with it, but understanding it.

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:06 pm

Tyrannical wrote:The shale industry boom obviously did start while Obama was President,
That explains all the criticism we saw directed at Obama for his anti-environmental moves in bolstering the shale industry. :-)
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:01 am

I certainly saw it. You seem to be suggesting that Obama was viewed as some sort of environmentalist.. :?
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:43 am

Forty Two wrote:
Animavore wrote:Trump supporters treat Trump like Christians treat Jesus with this dividing line where before all was bad, then Trump comes in like a beacon of light and changes everything.Nevermind the Dow, jobs, pay etc. were all steadily rising in the US and abroad for the last few years, this is all miraculously Trump's doing, and this is even before he's implemented reform and economic policies!

Future people will set new calenders and talk about the periods BT and AT.
Actually, it's the reverse. Folks like you pretend that all was good, and nobody had anything to do with it getting bad, except for Trump and Bush.
Oh, the irony.

This one, I think, has been posted by someone else before.

Not that I regard the DOW as a good indicator of the state of any economy, but there are those, mostly conservatives, who do.

One of the better indicators is total nonfarm-payroll employment.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:48 am

Forty Two wrote:
Tyrannical wrote:The shale industry boom obviously did start while Obama was President,
That explains all the criticism we saw directed at Obama for his anti-environmental moves in bolstering the shale industry. :-)
Yup. Google "obama shale oil opposition". There were tons of it.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:49 am

Not in the right wing media 42 swims in...
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Joe

Post by Joe » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:47 am

Forty Two wrote:
Joe wrote:
Forty Two wrote:
Joe wrote:And that Trump has something to do with our oil production boom, which happened during the Obama administration.
So, it's Obama who doesn't care about global warming? Or, the increase in oil output doesn't have anything to do with global warming?
Or the oil boom has little to do with Trump or his policies. ;)
So, then it has to do with Obama and his policies? The oil boom, that is?
I doubt it, because we don't have a national oil company, and most of our production is on private and state land, which limited what he could do. I'm not an oil guy, but my understanding is hydraulic fracturing and horizontal drilling changed the economics of shale oil extraction enough to make it viable.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:58 am

Tyrannical wrote:The shale industry boom obviously did start while Obama was President, but Trump being pro the industry investment has increased it.
Gosh you do talk out of your arse.

The majority of the rigs were put in place during the Dubya Regime.

It might be difficult for you to grasp, but production doesn't begin immediately you drill the hole.
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

Tyrannical

Post by Tyrannical » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:11 pm

rainbow wrote:
Tyrannical wrote:The shale industry boom obviously did start while Obama was President, but Trump being pro the industry investment has increased it.
Gosh you do talk out of your arse.

The majority of the rigs were put in place during the Dubya Regime.

It might be difficult for you to grasp, but production doesn't begin immediately you drill the hole.
Rigs are just the things used to dig holes. There are much more efficient rigs now that can dig the holes quicker.
A rational skeptic should be able to discuss and debate anything, no matter how much they may personally disagree with that point of view. Discussing a subject is not agreeing with it, but understanding it.

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:41 pm

Well, if fracking is such a bust why are the ecowarriors still up in arms about it?
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:48 pm

laklak wrote:Well, if fracking is such a bust why are the ecowarriors still up in arms about it?
Ask that question again without the derogatory implication.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:38 pm

Tone police!
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar