Bitcoin about to Pop

Bitcoin about to Pop

Postby rainbow » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:42 am

https://www.dailyfx.com/bitcoin

Bitcoin looks like it's heading towards a major crash. If it happens, crypto-millionaires will be hit hardest while governments move to regulate the cryptocurrency

http://www.wired.co.uk/article/what-hap ... ubble-pops
Това, че никой не се оплаква, не означава, че всички парашути са идеални
rainbow

About me: Pre-Modernist

Re: Bitcoin about to Pop

Postby JimC » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:46 am

Will they be jumping from virtual skyscrapers?
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!
JimC
The sentimental bloke

About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Postby Hermit » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:52 am

Yeah, I know.
Hermit

Postby Scot Dutchy » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:08 am

I dont think the comparison to the tulip bubble is a good one. When the Bitcoin bubble bursts nothing will be left. After the tulip crisis an industry was formed.
Scot Dutchy

Postby cronus » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:17 am

Scot Dutchy wrote:I dont think the comparison to the tulip bubble is a good one. When the Bitcoin bubble bursts nothing will be left. After the tulip crisis an industry was formed.

It'll crash by 2/3rds and still be huge compared with a couple of years ago....when the dumb money is cleaned out folks will concentrate on the practical issue of making Bitcoin pay. How's the tulip industry doing these days? :coffee:
“Such sweet compulsion doth in music lie." -John Milton

"You never know what is enough unless you know what is more than enough." -William Blake

"Language is the armory of the human mind, and at once contains the trophies of its past and the weapons of its future conquests." -Samuel Taylor Coleridge

cronus
Black Market Analyst

About me: Grail salesman

Postby rainbow » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:18 am

It was $14100 when I posted this morning.
It is now $12735.
Това, че никой не се оплаква, не означава, че всички парашути са идеални
rainbow

About me: Pre-Modernist

Postby Scot Dutchy » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:47 am

cronus wrote:
Scot Dutchy wrote:I dont think the comparison to the tulip bubble is a good one. When the Bitcoin bubble bursts nothing will be left. After the tulip crisis an industry was formed.

It'll crash by 2/3rds and still be huge compared with a couple of years ago....when the dumb money is cleaned out folks will concentrate on the practical issue of making Bitcoin pay. How's the tulip industry doing these days? :coffee:

Cut flowers are still a very important export. Worth about €8 billion. We are the second largest agriculture exporter in the world.
Scot Dutchy

Postby Tyrannical » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:48 am

I half expect bitcoin to just get outlawed one day, its a ponzi scheme more than a currency.
A rational skeptic should be able to discuss and debate anything, no matter how much they may personally disagree with that point of view. Discussing a subject is not agreeing with it, but understanding it.
Tyrannical

Postby pErvinalia » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:31 am

cronus wrote:

The smart money will move into a host of newer crypto currencies that do things infinitely faster and cheaper than bitcoin can.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"You know you blokes didn't criticize Obama. You're lying. - Forty Two. Umm - viewtopic.php?f=22&t=42144
pErvinalia
Off his meds

About me: Now with 50% less ranting!

Postby NineBerry » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:48 am

pErvinalia wrote:
cronus wrote:

The smart money will move into a host of newer crypto currencies that do things infinitely faster and cheaper than bitcoin can.

I don't think so. VHS won over Super 8.
NineBerry
Tame Wolf

Postby pErvinalia » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:53 pm

No, Bitcoin really is prehistoric compared to other newer cryptos. It would be like picking the model T Ford over a Tesla. Bitcoin could fix all this with what's called a "fork" (same concept as in programming), but apparently those with the most influence are a bit religious about Bitcoin staying pure.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"You know you blokes didn't criticize Obama. You're lying. - Forty Two. Umm - viewtopic.php?f=22&t=42144
pErvinalia
Off his meds

Postby Brian Peacock » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:13 pm

Can anyone fork me some shekels?

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

About me: Ablate me:

Postby pErvinalia » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:05 pm

Fork off!
pErvinalia
Off his meds

Postby pErvinalia » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:22 pm

Funniest headline I saw on steemit about bitcoin:

Bitcoin crashes to prices not seen since... Just 2 weeks ago!
pErvinalia
Off his meds

Postby laklak » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:05 pm

I might have a punt if it drops far enough. Question is, how far is enough?
laklak

About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Next

Return to News, Current Events & Politics