Donald is here to stay, now what? Cursing and swearing OK

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Re: Donald is here to stay, now what? Cursing and swearing O

Post by Forty Two » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:28 pm

Animavore wrote:What the fuck has NK talking to SK got to do with Trump?
(CNN)Kim Jong Un, to general surprise, announced in his New Year's Day speech that he was prepared to "melt the frozen north-south relations," to allow contacts with South Koreans and to discuss North Korean participation in the Winter Olympics to be held in February in South Korea.

US President Trump has tweeted that this would not have happened had he not been "firm, strong and willing to commit our total 'might' against the North."

He may be partly right. The single most important factor driving the North Koreans to this decision was probably economic distress.
http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/05/opinions/ ... index.html

For CNN to give Trump even a shred of a hope of a possible shadow of credit for anything is a flat out admission.

North Korean leaders perceived past American presidents such as Bill Clinton and Barack Obama as “very gentle,” Thae told me this week during his first visit to the United States since seeking asylum in South Korea in 2016, and just ahead of Trump’s trip to South Korea. Now they don’t seem to know what to make of the man at the helm of the United States: “When Trump came up with ‘fire and fury,’ that kind of [phrase] was never used by any American.” Such unprecedented rhetoric, he argued, is probably one reason why Kim Jong Un has not gone ahead with his plans to test-fire a missile toward the U.S. territory of Guam. Thae noted that North Korea hadn’t conducted a nuclear or missile test since Trump declared that the United States would, if necessary to protect itself or its allies, “totally destroy North Korea” and the “Rocket Man” who runs it.
https://www.theatlantic.com/internation ... mp/544769/
Nevertheless, he thinks that so far, “the unpredictability of Mr. Trump [has] worked, to some extent, to prevent a further escalation of the crisis.”
Last edited by Forty Two on Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:30 pm

The president signs bills. Now the current one tweets and signs anything that favors corporations or the rich. That’s all, no peace prize. No nuclear button.

DACA talk is merely to get the fence. His legacy.

Fast forward to last year of trump:
http://karireport.blogspot.com/2017/01/ ... fence.html

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:37 pm

Animavore wrote:Consumer confidence is at it's highest everywhere.
Credit Trump for boosting business and fueling our economic growth http://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/ ... mic-growth

Trump's Deregulation Binge Is Lightening The Economy's Load https://www.investors.com/politics/edit ... ion-binge/
"The never-ending growth of red tape in America has come to a sudden, screeching and beautiful halt," Trump said on Thursday, as he released the federal government's twice-a-year Unified Agenda for regulation.

The cost savings so far from the effort: Some $8.1 billion in net federal regulatory costs. But the impact on the larger economy is far more significant.

A big reason for this is, as the Competitive Enterprise Institute's Clyde Crews notes, the effort is more far-reaching than it seems. Because the actual deregulation actions taken so far are just a drop in the bucket.

There are literally hundreds of pending rules and regulations, all with varying costs, and Trump has quietly stymied many of them. All told, 1,579 planned regulatory actions have been either withdrawn or delayed in the last year.

As Elizabeth Harrington of the Washington Free Beacon noted, that came in stark contrast to the Obama administration, "which imposed a record 600 major regulations, adding rules that cost the economy $100 million or more at a rate of every three days."

No Hidden Agenda: Get News From A Pro-Free Market, Pro-Growth Perspective
Given the immense cost of regulation to the economy, it's not surprising that many businesses are today reporting higher profits and raising their estimates for coming years. With an estimated $1.9 trillion in regulatory costs each year on the economy, small changes can have a big, positive impact, especially on small businesses that often bear the brunt of costly regulations imposed by bureaucrats.

Nor is this he end of Trump's regulatory pruning. As he presented the new report on Thursday, Trump stood beside a mountain of documents representing the 185,000 pages in the federal regulatory code, a veritable mountain of costly rules that the economy must digest each and every day.

Beside it, the vastly smaller 20,000 pages of rules from 1960, a far smaller pile that could easily fit into a small filing cabinet. Trump says he wants to return to the 1960 level of regulation. That might be hard, and even require changes in law from Congress. But if he got even close to the 1960 level, the economy would surge.

One of the greatest things that can happen to the U.S. economy is that the tyranny of unneeded regulations should end. As he promised, Donald Trump is doing just that.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:43 pm

I want my FDA and EPA red tape. Trump is ready to poison us. Thalidodomide!

I also want red tape to block tar sands pipeline. Unlike 6 inch (real) oil pipe, these things rip open and ruin ground water.
Last edited by Tero on Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:44 pm

Tero wrote:The president signs bills. Now the current one tweets and signs anything that favors corporations or the rich. That’s all, no peace prize. No nuclear button.

DACA talk is merely to get the fence. His legacy.

Fast forward to last year of trump:
http://karireport.blogspot.com/2017/01/ ... fence.html[/quote]

DACA talk is negotiation. Dems want DACA - fine - this time, though, nobody is falling for the "amnesty now, border security later" bullshit gambit they've played in years past. No no. Now it's border security and you get the Dreamers too. Put your money where your mouth is, Democrats. Do ya'll want more illegal border crossings or less? Why would you oppose border security, if you're getting legalization of innocent illegals already in the country under DACA?

No Peace Prize? Indeed. Handing Obama a Nobel Peace Prize in 2009 or 10 was a complete and total farce.

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:45 pm

Meh, I neither support nor despise him. Didn't vote for him, and I certainly see his limitations. I don't care what he tweets. I don't care who he pisses off. I don't care about his hairstyle, or whether his wife posed semi-nude. I don't care if he talked to the Russian ambassador. I don't give a shit. I care only about what he actually does. So far, the world hasn't ended, women aren't chattel, blacks aren't denied service in white restaurants, we're not in a world war, and he's at least attempting to work in a more bipartisan way.

No matter what happens, at least I didn't have to listen to that shrieking harpy for 4 years, and that's worth something.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:46 pm

Tero wrote:I want my FDA and EPA red tape. Trump is ready to poison us. Thalidodomide!
Well who is testing the food? It wont come here but it will be in the UK. Will coca cola really contain coke again?
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

laklak

Post by laklak » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:50 pm

Man I hope so, that would be a real eye-opener.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:54 pm

Tero wrote:I want my FDA and EPA red tape. Trump is ready to poison us. Thalidodomide!

laklak

Post by laklak » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:59 pm

No, Mikey, you're not a Muslim. You're fat and greasy and definitely not Halal.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:08 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Well who is testing the food? It wont come here but it will be in the UK. Will coca cola really contain coke again?
No country tests the food prior to it going to market. You think that if you go to a restaurant, you have a national regulatory body putting samples in a beaker? The law in the US still requires that food not be dangerous, that it not be adulterated, spoiled, etc., and manufacturers are still subject to inspection, pretty much like what the EU does. The US is by far the largest exporter of food in the world. The food is just fine.

Cocaine was taken out of Coca Cola years before cocaine was even illegal in the US. The reason coke had coke in it in the first place was because it was a replacement for coca-wine - an alcohol and coca combination which was consumed by Euro and American intellectuals in the late 1800s. An inventor came up with the idea to get the alcohol out of it and replace it with sugar syrup, and wallah there was Coca-Cola. Later the cocaine was removed, but that was well-before cocaine was made illegal.

Deregulation has nothing to do with cocaine, because that's illegal under the otherwise outdated and pointless anti-drug legislation. There are DEA regulations, too, but it's not the regs that make it illegal, it's the law, so Trump can't get rid of that. It has to be done by Congress.

Getting rid of unnecessary and overly burdensome/costly regulations is not the same thing as legalizing the poisoning of food and beverages.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:12 pm

laklak wrote:No, Mikey, you're not a Muslim. You're fat and greasy and definitely not Halal.
Indeed, his pork content may disqualify him.....

Hang on a sec, I have to run down to the corner to the Blowjob Clinic, which, since men rule the world, like all things men need and want, is legal and free at the point of service.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:15 pm

laklak wrote:Man I hope so, that would be a real eye-opener.
The French did it first, but I'm sure the Dutch did it best ....

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:19 pm

laklak wrote:Meh, I neither support nor despise him. Didn't vote for him, and I certainly see his limitations. I don't care what he tweets. I don't care who he pisses off. I don't care about his hairstyle, or whether his wife posed semi-nude. I don't care if he talked to the Russian ambassador. I don't give a shit. I care only about what he actually does. So far, the world hasn't ended, women aren't chattel, blacks aren't denied service in white restaurants, we're not in a world war, and he's at least attempting to work in a more bipartisan way.

No matter what happens, at least I didn't have to listen to that shrieking harpy for 4 years, and that's worth something.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:27 pm

The FDA and EPA have no unnecessary regulations. Yet Trump chooses to mess with them. ”There is no global warming” is what his base wants to hear.

Name some regulations that are frivolous.