Donald is here to stay, now what? Cursing and swearing OK

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Re: Donald is here to stay, now what? Cursing and swearing O

Post by Seabass » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:41 pm

This Jeffrey Tucker is apparently an anarcho-capitalist who appears to have been involved with writing those racist Ron Paul newsletters.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeffrey_Tucker

For someone who claims not to be a capitalism fundamentalist, 42 sure links to a lot of capitalism fundamentalist videos and articles.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:31 pm

Here's a handy Twitter rant for people who don't understand that if net neutrality is removed it affects the little guys and stifles competition. Not the opposite.

http://www.distractify.com/trending/201 ... edium=EAj7
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:42 pm

These are the people in power. Robbing you in front of your face.

Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:52 pm

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:48 am

DRSB wrote:
Forty Two wrote:What do they do about the "far right" people who are in the UK and who made the material that the President re-tweeted? Are they, too, barred from Greenwich?
Nobody has the capacity to do as much harm as the US president!
Except for Hillary. :prof:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:49 am

Animavore wrote:Whatabout Hitler? Is he not barred? Whatabout Pol Pot? He did worse stuff. Whatabout Alexander the Great?
:lol:
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:49 am

Brian Peacock wrote:
Sean Hayden wrote:-insanity
No, alternative sanity.
:lol: :clap:

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:52 am

Forty Two wrote:
Seabass wrote:
Forty Two wrote:
Animavore wrote:Net neutrality repealed.

Heh! Remember when Trump told his lambs he was going to "drain the swamp"?

I remember.
Another success for Trump. Thanks, Trump, for hitting back against the bogus net neutrality scam.
Says the guy who thinks killing elephants makes more elephants.
I never said anything about killing elephants making more elephants.

But, net neutrality is just a gift to google, amazon, netflix, etc. --- boosts the cost of doing business on others and creates barrier to entry.

Where do you find this shit? Every video you post has some sort of theatrics about it (other than Uncle Milty, of course). How are we supposed to take a video seriously that promotes itself with a picture of a weirdo pulling faces??

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:58 am

Forty Two wrote:
Animavore wrote:Netflix stepping up to the plate.

https://mobile.twitter.com/netflix?ref_ ... r%5Eauthor
Of course, Netflix wins under net neutrality. You think Netflix cares about the little guy and his access to the internet? Netflix, like any other big company, cares about reducing competition, if they can get the government they can help out there. Price controls.
WTF?? Net neutrality is the concept that all legal content is treated equally in terms of price and speed. The opposite of that benefits the big players in the market and harms the little guy. This is just yet another transfer of power from the people to big corporations.

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:16 am

The Trump administration is prohibiting officials at the nation’s top public health agency from using a list of seven words or phrases — including “fetus” and “transgender” — in any official documents being prepared for next year’s budget.
The longtime CDC analyst, whose job includes writing descriptions of the CDC’s work for the administration’s annual spending blueprint, could not recall a previous time when words were banned from budget documents because they were considered controversial.

The reaction of people in the meeting was “incredulous,” the analyst said. “It was very much, ‘Are you serious? Are you kidding?’ ”

“In my experience, we’ve never had any pushback from an ideological standpoint,” the analyst said.

Tyrannical

Post by Tyrannical » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:20 am

Seabass wrote:The Trump administration is prohibiting officials at the nation’s top public health agency from using a list of seven words or phrases — including “fetus” and “transgender” — in any official documents being prepared for next year’s budget.
The longtime CDC analyst, whose job includes writing descriptions of the CDC’s work for the administration’s annual spending blueprint, could not recall a previous time when words were banned from budget documents because they were considered controversial.

The reaction of people in the meeting was “incredulous,” the analyst said. “It was very much, ‘Are you serious? Are you kidding?’ ”

“In my experience, we’ve never had any pushback from an ideological standpoint,” the analyst said.

I bet the US military can remember as Obama so frowned upon the link between Islam and terrorism...... Now if only they could ban the word 'safe space' from any college campus budget receiving federal funds.
A rational skeptic should be able to discuss and debate anything, no matter how much they may personally disagree with that point of view. Discussing a subject is not agreeing with it, but understanding it.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:25 am

Seabass wrote:The Trump administration is prohibiting officials at the nation’s top public health agency from using a list of seven words or phrases — including “fetus” and “transgender” — in any official documents being prepared for next year’s budget.

No, this must be wrong. Trump is the most liberal president the US has ever had.

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:40 am

Tyrannical wrote:

I bet the US military can remember as Obama so frowned upon the link between Islam and terrorism...... Now if only they could ban the word 'safe space' from any college campus budget receiving federal funds.
Racism is a symptom of stupidity.

https://www.psychologicalscience.org/ne ... idity.html
https://www.livescience.com/18132-intel ... acism.html

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:49 am

Morons. The entire goddamn family.

Trump Jr. is berated for tweet about 'Obama's FCC' chair, net 'neutality'
"I would pay good money to see all those people complaining about Obama's FCC chairman voting to repeal #NetNeutality (sic) actually explain it in detail," the president's eldest son tweeted. "I'd bet most hadn't heard of it before this week."

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:53 am

By the sounds of it it's new to 42 as well. It's been a principle of the internet for decades. It had to be formalised to protect equality on the net in the face of growing pressure from corporations to buy influence and censor counter opinion.