Donald is here to stay, now what? Cursing and swearing OK

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Re: Donald is here to stay, now what? Cursing and swearing O

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:19 pm

True Americans don't have jobs because of China and India, but because US firms offshored and outsourced their jobs. True Americans are poor not because of Obama and immigrantion, but because the 1% took all their money and are hoarding it out of reach. The ones telling True Americans that it's all someone else's fault are those who don't want things to change, not the ones who do.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

tattuchu
a dickload of cocks
About me: I'm having trouble with the trolley.

Post by tattuchu » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:57 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:True Americans don't have jobs because of China and India, but because US firms offshored and outsourced their jobs. True Americans are poor not because of Obama and immigrantion, but because the 1% took all their money and are hoarding it out of reach. The ones telling True Americans that it's all someone else's fault are those who don't want things to change, not the ones who do.
You don't like freedom very much, do you? :ddpan:

Communist! :lay:
People think "queue" is just "q" followed by 4 silent letters.

But those letters are not silent.

They're just waiting their turn.

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:56 pm

NYT: Donald Trump’s Racism: The Definitive List
Donald Trump has been obsessed with race for the entire time he has been a public figure. He had a history of making racist comments as a New York real-estate developer in the 1970s and ‘80s. More recently, his political rise was built on promulgating the lie that the nation’s first black president was born in Kenya. He then launched his campaign with a speech describing Mexicans as rapists.

The media often falls back on euphemisms when describing Trump’s comments about race: racially loaded, racially charged, racially tinged, racially sensitive. And Trump himself has claimed that he is “the least racist person.” But here’s the truth: Donald Trump is a racist. He talks about and treats people differently based on their race. He has done so for years, and he is still doing so.

Here, we have attempted to compile a definitive list of his racist comments – or at least the publicly known ones.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/201 ... acist.html
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:17 pm

Trump celebrates people brought over from shithole continent in 1400s and 1500s
http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/14/opinions/ ... index.html

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:22 pm

Brian Peacock wrote: Oi, look over there - a badger playing the bagpipes!

:smoke:
LOL - so, nothing wrong with those other walls. Just the one wall, the US wall. That's the problem. Yes?
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:45 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Tero wrote:Trump has shithole problems but this OK because Hillary had people killed:
https://shareblue.com/this-is-not-fox-j ... d-someone/
We're relying on Dick Durbin for the accuracy of the shithole comment? LOL. I'll pass.

It's a ridiculous manufactured scandal. Even if he said it, so what? Most of them are shitholes. The Clintons help make Haiti extra-shitty, by the way.

And, if the countries aren't shitholes, then why the argument from your side that the people there are escaping starvation, oppression, persecution and other reasons for affording them asylum and refugee status?
Are you really that fuckin' stupid?

If Drumpf truly wants merit-based immigration, then it shouldn't matter to him where the fuck the immigrants come from.

If he wants immigrants from Norway but not from Africa, then either:
a) he thinks 100% of Norwegians are skilled and educated, and 0% of Africans are skilled and educated, or
b) he wants people with white skin and not people with brown skin.
Which do you think is more likely?

It was a shitty, racist comment made by a shitty, racist president who was elected by shitty, racist, dumb motherfuckers.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

tattuchu
a dickload of cocks
About me: I'm having trouble with the trolley.

Post by tattuchu » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:51 pm

BREAKING: Haiti just had an emergency high court session resulting in an agreement to unseal & release documents relating to Jean-Claude 'Baby Doc' Duvalier's indictments for money laundering through Trump Tower. Looks like Trump will regret insulting Haiti!
People think "queue" is just "q" followed by 4 silent letters.

But those letters are not silent.

They're just waiting their turn.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:21 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Tero wrote:The wall is a shithole and useless expense. Only the most desperate try to cross the border where the wall would go. Tons just go through it legally.
Sure, tons just go through legally, and those aren't the ones that the wall is designed to keep out. The ones that go through legally are in a completely different status, even if they overstay, than those who cross illegally. That's a fundamentally important distinction in immigration law.

And, the opposition to your position disagrees with you. Hence the need to compromise. If the countries from which these folks came from are not "shitholes" then it's not really a big problem to send these illegal border crossers back to their very nice, respectable, home countries.
What border did the 'dreamers' cross?
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:19 pm

Forty Two wrote:

LOL - so, nothing wrong with those other walls. Just the one wall, the US wall. That's the problem. Yes?
The thing is, you often raise the distracting red herring, pressed into the service of a moral equivalence, before ignorung the issue at hand entirely. What you would have us believe is that one countries policies automatically justify anothers', so tell me again why I have to criticise someone else's wall first before I can qualify to express my opinion on Trump's wall?
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:40 pm

Because everyone is picking on America. It's so not fair.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:49 pm

Seabass wrote:
Forty Two wrote:
Tero wrote:Trump has shithole problems but this OK because Hillary had people killed:
https://shareblue.com/this-is-not-fox-j ... d-someone/
We're relying on Dick Durbin for the accuracy of the shithole comment? LOL. I'll pass.

It's a ridiculous manufactured scandal. Even if he said it, so what? Most of them are shitholes. The Clintons help make Haiti extra-shitty, by the way.

And, if the countries aren't shitholes, then why the argument from your side that the people there are escaping starvation, oppression, persecution and other reasons for affording them asylum and refugee status?
Are you really that fuckin' stupid?

If Drumpf truly wants merit-based immigration, then it shouldn't matter to him where the fuck the immigrants come from.

If he wants immigrants from Norway but not from Africa, then either:
a) he thinks 100% of Norwegians are skilled and educated, and 0% of Africans are skilled and educated, or
b) he wants people with white skin and not people with brown skin.
Which do you think is more likely?

It wes a shitty, racist comment made by a shitty, racist president who was elected by shitty, racist, dumb motherfuckers.
If we had merit based immigration, then there would be no issue about where they came from. The problem he's trying to address is family based chain migration and the diversity "lottery."

And, he's denied saying it, and Durbin is a confirmed fibber.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:50 pm

pErvinalia wrote:Because everyone is picking on America. It's so not fair.
Is there something wrong with the other walls? Yes or no, and why?

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:52 pm

IT'S NOT FAIR
! :cry:

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:54 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Forty Two wrote:

The thing is, you often raise the distracting red herring, pressed into the service of a moral equivalence, before ignorung the issue at hand entirely. What you would have us believe is that one countries policies automatically justify anothers', so tell me again why I have to criticise someone else's wall first before I can qualify to express my opinion on Trump's wall?
You don't. However, if someone like John Oliver is going to go around lambasting the idea of a wall in the US, then one might reasonably wonder what his position - him being a Brit -- is about the Calais issue. He's silent about that. Is the argument really going to be that the one in Calais, or Greece or Bulgaria or Hungary or Austria or Estonia.... that those walls DON'T just encourage the purchase of taller ladders?

What's the policy difference? Why do they get to have walls without being racists, even though they're keeping out folks from brown countries, but if the US wants effective border control and a wall too, it's a big fucking problem?

And, why do all these other folks from around the world focus on what the US does with it's border, but not focus on other countries? After all, as you and others have made clear - it's obvious the US sucks anyway, people starve in the streets, we don't care about the poor, so they'd not want to come here anyway, right?

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:55 pm

pErvinalia wrote:IT'S NOT FAIR
! :cry:
You're the only one talking "fairness." I'm referring to hypocrisy. The hypocrisy of people like you, who have a bug in their ass for the US, but hardly comment about anyone else.

Walls are racist! If the US does it... if a European country does it, we know they're not racist....