Donald is here to stay, now what? Cursing and swearing OK

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Re: Donald is here to stay, now what? Cursing and swearing O

Post by Tero » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:58 pm

US Politics used to be about abortion. Now it’s just foreigners. Budget and shutdown are about the wall and immigrant lottery:

“We know exactly what [Trump] wants,” Doocy said. “He wants to get rid of the visa lottery system and also chain migration, and the Democrats want DACA. And that’s it. It’s a simple way to come together, but right now they can’t.”

Friday, 7:04 a.m., Trump accuses Senate Democrats of wanting “illegal immigrants” and a shutdown

“Government Funding Bill past [sic] last night in the House of Representatives,” Trump tweeted. “Now Democrats are needed if it is to pass in the Senate - but they want illegal immigration and weak borders. Shutdown coming? We need more Republican victories in 2018!”
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/01/ ... ets-351448

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Re: Donald Trump, A Track Record of Accomplishment

Post by Brian Peacock » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:55 pm

L'Emmerdeur wrote:
JimC wrote:He couldn't stop your government being shut down...

What's with that crap? Yet again, America makes the rest of the world look relatively sane...
Trump isn't to blame; the fault lies entirely with the Democrats. Just ask Fox News.
Does anyone really believe it's a #Democratshutdown? The GOP have a senate majority and Trump rejected the only compromise last week. Somehow can't imagine Obama tweeting #Republicanshutdown in similar circumstances.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:08 pm

Obama would not be tweeting at all. They would work through the weekend. Obama would sign some compromise and get on with it. It’s just a fucking budget.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:11 pm

Michael Wolff, author of the book “Fire and Fury,” dropped a bombshell claim on Friday that President Trump may be having an extramarital affair in the White House.

Wolff appeared on HBO’s Real Time with Bill Maher on Friday night and said, “There is something in the book that I was absolutely sure of but it was so incendiary that I just didn’t have the ultimate proof.”

When Maher asked whether it was “a woman thing,” Wolff responded, “Well, I didn’t have the blue dress,” in a reference to the key evidence of Bill Clinton’s relationship with Monica Lewinsky....

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2018/0 ... /23338741/
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

tattuchu
a dickload of cocks
About me: I'm having trouble with the trolley.

Post by tattuchu » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:22 pm

Well sure. He's fucking his daughter. Everybody knows that.
People think "queue" is just "q" followed by 4 silent letters.

But those letters are not silent.

They're just waiting their turn.

Tyrannical

Post by Tyrannical » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:32 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Michael Wolff, author of the book “Fire and Fury,” dropped a bombshell claim on Friday that President Trump may be having an extramarital affair in the White House.

Wolff appeared on HBO’s Real Time with Bill Maher on Friday night and said, “There is something in the book that I was absolutely sure of but it was so incendiary that I just didn’t have the ultimate proof.”

When Maher asked whether it was “a woman thing,” Wolff responded, “Well, I didn’t have the blue dress,” in a reference to the key evidence of Bill Clinton’s relationship with Monica Lewinsky....

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2018/0 ... /23338741/
What a lame conspiracy, they need to work harder on it.

Meanwhile, Bath-House Barry the HIV positive homosexual coke head former President 'married' to the first Tranny, Michael, err, Michelle Obama and their two adopted children.
Now that would make a Great mini-series.
A rational skeptic should be able to discuss and debate anything, no matter how much they may personally disagree with that point of view. Discussing a subject is not agreeing with it, but understanding it.

Tyrannical

Post by Tyrannical » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:35 pm

Trump claimed Black and Hispanic unemployment has never been lower; Black I'm not so sure about :hehe:
A rational skeptic should be able to discuss and debate anything, no matter how much they may personally disagree with that point of view. Discussing a subject is not agreeing with it, but understanding it.

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:39 pm

Donald Trump’s Radical Honesty
A year into Donald Trump’s presidency, we’ve thoroughly established what a liar he is.

We’ve talked less about how much truth he unwittingly tells.

I don’t mean the specific text of his discrete claims, which brim with inaccuracies and bubble with full-blown hallucinations. The man dwells in a loopy land of his own invention.

I’m referring to the timing and tone of his statements and tweets: when he pipes up; how he lashes out; what he deems worthy of his bragging, scheming and ire. He’s no paragon of deceit, which requires more plotting, patience and discipline than he could ever muster. He’s a geyser of revelations, and in terms of the transparency with which he shows us the most eccentric and ugliest parts of himself, he’s the most honest president in my lifetime.

It’s inadvertent but indisputable. He doesn’t hide his pettiness, bury his petulance or successfully distract us from his vulgarity and bigotry. He’s too needy an exhibitionist to wear a mask, too sloppy a manager to prevent leaks, and his universe is too chaotic for its mess not to spill ceaselessly into public view.

Secrets? Those are for administrations with less drama, lower ratings and fewer reporters on speed dial. We knew the madness of Trump’s court more quickly and reliably than we did the mischief of others, because his bickering enablers can’t keep anything to themselves. Michael Wolff’s “Fire and Fury” is both a chronicle of that and proof of it.

It has new tidbits about Ivanka, Jared, Melania. It has nothing surprising about Trump. We already knew how much junk he ate. We already knew how misinformed and hypersensitive he was. We already knew that aides had questions about his smarts and qualms about his stability. All of this was out there not just from the beginning of his presidency but from the start of his campaign, and some of it was out there long before that.

In fact the hell of his election wasn’t that he tricked American voters. It was that they’d fully seen the florid whole of him and supported him nonetheless.

continued...
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Tyrannical

Post by Tyrannical » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:18 pm

Seabass wrote:Donald Trump’s Radical Honesty
A year into Donald Trump’s presidency, we’ve thoroughly established what a liar he is.

We’ve talked less about how much truth he unwittingly tells.

I don’t mean the specific text of his discrete claims, which brim with inaccuracies and bubble with full-blown hallucinations. The man dwells in a loopy land of his own invention.

I’m referring to the timing and tone of his statements and tweets: when he pipes up; how he lashes out; what he deems worthy of his bragging, scheming and ire. He’s no paragon of deceit, which requires more plotting, patience and discipline than he could ever muster. He’s a geyser of revelations, and in terms of the transparency with which he shows us the most eccentric and ugliest parts of himself, he’s the most honest president in my lifetime.

It’s inadvertent but indisputable. He doesn’t hide his pettiness, bury his petulance or successfully distract us from his vulgarity and bigotry. He’s too needy an exhibitionist to wear a mask, too sloppy a manager to prevent leaks, and his universe is too chaotic for its mess not to spill ceaselessly into public view.

Secrets? Those are for administrations with less drama, lower ratings and fewer reporters on speed dial. We knew the madness of Trump’s court more quickly and reliably than we did the mischief of others, because his bickering enablers can’t keep anything to themselves. Michael Wolff’s “Fire and Fury” is both a chronicle of that and proof of it.

It has new tidbits about Ivanka, Jared, Melania. It has nothing surprising about Trump. We already knew how much junk he ate. We already knew how misinformed and hypersensitive he was. We already knew that aides had questions about his smarts and qualms about his stability. All of this was out there not just from the beginning of his presidency but from the start of his campaign, and some of it was out there long before that.

In fact the hell of his election wasn’t that he tricked American voters. It was that they’d fully seen the florid whole of him and supported him nonetheless.

continued...
Trumps a proud Braggart and a blowhard, or in olden speak loves to spin a good tale.

But the stuff he is serious about we know he is serious about. He gutted Obama Care (best he could), tax reform passed, business friendly regulations, stock market soars, Wall prototypes tested, North Korea more concerned about Olympics.....

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:31 pm

He lacks gravitas, weight and seriousness and he will be America's undoing..or at the very least hasten it. He is a shell of a man. Vain, deceitful and boastful. It is shameful that the American people are so frightened of sanding up for their better values and so fearful of the new world that is emerging that they have elected a monster.

Tyrannical

Post by Tyrannical » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:33 pm

Rum wrote:He lacks gravitas, weight and seriousness and he will be America's undoing..or at the very least hasten it. He is a shell of a man. Vain, deceitful and boastful. It is shameful that the American people are so frightened of sanding up for their better values and so fearful of the new world that is emerging that they have elected a monster.
I think your real fear is that everything you said up there is the opposite of reality.

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:36 pm

Tyrannical wrote:
Rum wrote:He lacks gravitas, weight and seriousness and he will be America's undoing..or at the very least hasten it. He is a shell of a man. Vain, deceitful and boastful. It is shameful that the American people are so frightened of sanding up for their better values and so fearful of the new world that is emerging that they have elected a monster.
I think your real fear is that everything you said up there is the opposite of reality.
The things I fear are deep, dark and personal and a sad fuck like you has absolutely no idea, let alone the right, to guess what they are. Slither away into your den mister slime.

Tyrannical

Post by Tyrannical » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:44 pm

Rum wrote:
Tyrannical wrote:
The things I fear are deep, dark and personal and a sad fuck like you has absolutely no idea, let alone the right, to guess what they are. Slither away into your den mister slime.

Embrace the awesomeness of Trump and jump aboard The Make America Great Again (and her allies I suppose....) Trump Train! Next stop, not Calais refugees lol!

mistermack
About me: Never rong.

Post by mistermack » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:05 pm

The problem is getting to be a bit like Northern Ireland. The USA needs to be careful.
You are getting two sides who are beginning to hate each other. That's why the US shut down, and NI has had no government for months.
People are not prepared to compromise, because their voters wouldn't see it as common sense, they would view it as a sellout to the enemy.
While there is a market for shit, there will be assholes to supply it.

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:29 pm

Trump is fucking reviled more than probably any other living human. That's quite an accomplishment.

Los Angeles, Seattle, New York, D.C., Austin:

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka