Donald is here to stay, now what? Cursing and swearing OK

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Re: The Trump Success Thread

Post by Animavore » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:13 pm

This thread already exists. C'mon, mods.

http://rationalia.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... p#p1743734
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Re: Donald is here to stay, now what? Cursing and swearing O

Post by Tero » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:38 pm

America discovers: Trump is an asshole but many still claim ”he is my asshole!”

CNN
Aside from the economy, however, the CBS poll finds mostly negative reviews of Trump's job so far: 53% overall say he's been a "poor President," more say he's weakened the US position in the world than strengthened it (49% to 32%), and 55% say that under Trump, the country has been "mostly losing" at things it tries to do.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Re: The Trump Success Thread

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:56 pm

Forty Two wrote:https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... since-1973 Unemployment to lowest level since 2000 (The Clinton administration), and weekly jobless claims plunge to lowest level in 44 years. Unemployment set to drop below 4%. Companies holding on to employees, having a hard time finding skilled employees now.
Unemployment is a meaningless measure. The most relevant is underemployment. What are the figures for that?
Improved relationship with Israel.
Improved relations with a terrorist state is a good thing? :ask:
Keystone Pipeline underway
Global warming likes this.
Trump's removal of burdensome regulations and tax reform has set the economy booming, after the anemic Obama years.
Let's have a look at the end of his first (and hopefully last) term. I can't see how your economy can boom with plummeting tax revenue. You'll need to increase your already record debt levels.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

mistermack
About me: Never rong.

Re: Donald Trump, A Track Record of Accomplishment

Post by mistermack » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:04 am

Why is the dollar diving on the exchanges? I haven't heard it mentioned on the news.

http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from= ... SD&view=1W

Look at the last year against the pound, or the Euro. Pound has gone from $1.23 a year ago to $1.39 today.
Euro has gone from Eu 1.06 to 1.22 today.
Inflation is only 2% though, so it doesn't seem to have fed through to prices.
While there is a market for shit, there will be assholes to supply it.

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:19 am

Sebastian Gorka was White House aide while a fugitive from Hungarian justice
The White House employed a Hungarian fugitive for seven months, according to an arrest warrant that appears to show that Sebastian Gorka, a former adviser to Donald Trump, was wanted there on weapons charges as of September 2016.

The warrant, first reported by Hungarian online outlet 444 and BuzzFeed News is for “firearm or ammunition abuse”.

Gorka, a former Breitbart writer and Trump campaign surrogate, served as “deputy assistant” to the president during his White House tenure, but the exact nature of his role was vague. Gorka was reportedly forced out last August, by the chief of staff, John Kelly, who had recently assumed the role.

Details on the alleged crime triggered the warrant were scarce. The site 444 noted that it could have resulted from an incident as far back as 2009. Hungarian police did not respond to a request for comment.

Gorka told the Guardian that “since I moved to the US in 2008”, a year before the possible 2009 incident, he would decline to comment.

“More #FAKENEWS,” he then added.

He did not reply to a question about whether the incident could have occurred on a visit back to his native Hungary.

Gorka has a longstanding and well-documented interest in guns. He told Recoil magazine in November that his “everyday carry” includes two pistols, a knife, a tourniquet – and for good measure – a copy of the US constitution. In February 2016, he had a pistol confiscated after attempting to bring it through Washington’s Reagan national airport.

Born in the UK to Hungarian-born parents, Gorka spent much of his career in the Hungarian ministry of defense working on issues of counter-terrorism. Since he became a fixture of the Trump campaign and administration, numerous experts have raised questions about his formal credentials and his work in the field of counter-terrorism, and noted his connections to the “alt-right” in the US and fringe rightwing groups in Hungary.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... house-aide
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:25 am

Even the best people can have warrants out for their arrest. :shifty:

Speaking of the best people, here's some more of that amazing fake news:

'Trump appointee Carl Higbie resigns as public face of agency that runs AmeriCorps after KFile review of racist, sexist, anti-Muslim and anti-LGBT comments on the radio'
Trump administration appointee Carl Higbie resigned Thursday as chief of external affairs for the federal government's volunteer service organization after a CNN KFile review of racist, sexist, anti-Muslim and anti-LGBT comments he made on the radio.

"Effective immediately, Carl Higbie has resigned as Chief of External Affairs at CNCS," Samantha Jo Warfield, a spokesperson for CNCS, said in a statement.
Last edited by L'Emmerdeur on Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:26 am

Charges dropped against 129 of the people arrested in the DC 'kettle' on Inauguration Day, but the prosecution is moving forward for the remaining defendants.

'Department of Justice abruptly drops charges against 129 Trump inauguration protesters'
Federal prosecutors are dropping felony rioting charges against 129 of the nearly 200 people they have spent a year pursuing in cases stemming from a protest that turned violent on Inauguration Day last year.

The news came late Thursday in an email from representatives of the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Columbia. Prosecutors will continue to pursue cases against 59 others from the march, the email said.

In December, a jury refused to convict any of the first six defendants in the riot case on any of the charges the feds brought. The case centered on reams of video from the protest, showing a crowd of between 300 and 500 people mostly dressed in black marching through parts of downtown Washington, D.C., last January.

Prosecutors acknowledged they had no evidence any of the six had personally smashed a window, thrown a rock, or clashed with police, but asked jurors to hold the entire group of marchers criminally responsible for the destructive actions of a handful. They pursued charges that could have conferred maximum sentences of roughly 60 years in prison.

Police and prosecutors have expended significant resources on the cases already, including the full-time detailing of one Metropolitan Police Department detective to sift through hundreds of hours of video and clip together highlight reels to be shown to juries.

That detective’s personal politics — including an apparent affinity for President Donald Trump and harshly critical reactions to Black Lives Matter protests — became an issue in the trial. So, too, did the individual conduct of multiple MPD officers on the ground on Inauguration Day — at least one of whom was detailed from a notorious unit that has been accused of abusive patterns of enforcement action in one of D.C.’s most neglected neighborhoods.

[T]he government’s filing indicates the ongoing casework will target people who prosecutors know did not break a window but who they believe “demonstrate[d] a knowing and intentional use of the black-bloc tactic” that day.

The prosecutors’ focus on black-bloc tactics — in which marchers make themselves hard to identify through uniformity of dress, and sometimes seek to prevent police from pulling individuals out of a moving crowd to effect arrests — will likely mean that political affiliations with so-called “antifa” organizations and other left-leaning political groups will be a live issue in the remaining cases.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:33 am

What a waste of money and people's time.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:10 am

I'd say fucking Stormy Daniels is an accomplishment. Fucking her a year after his son was born was pretty cold-blooded though.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:27 am

Melanoma must be really desperate to stay with someone like him.

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:26 am

ACCOMPLISHMENTS (I'm ignoring that thread)

1 Cuts tax, bringing up deficit by trillions
2 claims to build wall
3 forces budgets, DACA, whatever issue to be linked to WALL
4 leaves his party to figure it out, goes to FL to play golf
5 BLAMES ALL THIS ON DEMOCRATS
:funny:

But seriously, other than getting conservative judge for Jesus and baby lovers, a failure to his base. No mining or manufacture jobs. Just stuffing money into fat cat briefcases. And his own.
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:37 am

Trump to overhaul HHS office, shield health workers with moral objections
The Trump administration on Thursday will announce an overhaul of the HHS civil rights office as part of a broader plan to protect health workers who don't want to perform abortions, treat transgender patients seeking to transition or provide other services for which they have religious or moral objections.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/01/ ... are-289542

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:32 am

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:53 am

TRUMP LEADING THE ‘MOST UNETHICAL PRESIDENCY’ IN MODERN HISTORY, ETHICS GROUP SAYS IN FIRST-YEAR REVIEW
A nonprofit government watchdog group has accused Donald Trump of leading the “most unethical presidency” in modern times and possibly in the nation’s history, in a report published Tuesday.

Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW) castigated Trump in its report, “The Most Unethical Presidency: Year One,” saying his utter dismissal of standard ethics practices has led to legal challenges and scandals that have tainted the office.

“The Trump administration is confronted by an extraordinary scale and scope of legal and ethics scandals,” the report said. “It is unrivaled in the modern era, and perhaps in the history of the nation, for a first-year administration.”

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:20 am

Aethical, I'd say. :coffee:
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.