Donald is here to stay, now what? Cursing and swearing OK

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Re: Donald is here to stay, now what? Cursing and swearing O

Post by Animavore » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:04 pm

Staggering.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:07 pm

But but Trump is 'arguably truthful,' and besides, Hillary Clinton is the real liar.

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:10 pm

Bogus nominee to the federal judicial bench:

'Donald Trump federal judge nominee is asked basic legal questions and can't answer a single one'
One of Donald Trump’s nominees to become a federal judge has failed to answer a string of basic questions about law.

Matthew Spencer Petersen admitted he was unfamiliar with several common legal terms during questioning by Republican Senator John Kennedy at a hearing earlier this week.

Mr Petersen, a member of the Federal Election Commission, had been selected by the President to become a federal judge on the US District Court for the District of Columbia.

However, he admitted during questioning that he had never tried a criminal or civil trial.

Video of the hearing posted to Twitter by Democratic Senator Sheldon Whitehouse, showed Mr Peterson failing to explain basic legal terms such as “motion in limine” - a request filed by a party to a lawsuit which asks the court for an order or ruling limiting or preventing certain evidence from being presented by the other side at the trial of the case.

Mr Petersen attempted to defend his poor knowledge of terminology to senators.

He told the hearing: “My background is not in litigation. I understand the challenge ahead of me if I were fortunate enough to become a district court judge. I understand that the path that many successful district court judges have taken has been a different one than I have taken.”

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:16 pm

-insanity

DRSB

Post by DRSB » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:36 pm

I bet he's pissed.
Donald Trump ‘barred from Greenwich’ after council passes motion to block US president's visit over far-right tweet
Councillors declared that 'should a state visit go ahead, President Trump would not be welcome in the Borough'
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/ ... 20061.html

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:58 pm

What do they do about the "far right" people who are in the UK and who made the material that the President re-tweeted? Are they, too, barred from Greenwich?
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

DRSB

Post by DRSB » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:54 pm

Forty Two wrote:What do they do about the "far right" people who are in the UK and who made the material that the President re-tweeted? Are they, too, barred from Greenwich?
Nobody has the capacity to do as much harm as the US president!

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:58 pm

Whatabout Hitler? Is he not barred? Whatabout Pol Pot? He did worse stuff. Whatabout Alexander the Great?
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:07 pm

Sean Hayden wrote:-insanity
No, alternative sanity.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:50 pm

Seabass wrote:
Forty Two wrote:
Animavore wrote:Net neutrality repealed.

Heh! Remember when Trump told his lambs he was going to "drain the swamp"?

I remember.
Another success for Trump. Thanks, Trump, for hitting back against the bogus net neutrality scam.
Says the guy who thinks killing elephants makes more elephants.
I never said anything about killing elephants making more elephants.

But, net neutrality is just a gift to google, amazon, netflix, etc. --- boosts the cost of doing business on others and creates barrier to entry.

“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:51 pm

Animavore wrote:This is being challenged all over the place. Hopefully it stays in court long enough while the American people vote Dems in 2018 and block this scumbag government.

The internet is not a forgiving place.
I'd like to see the argument that says the FCC can enact net neutrality, but that same FCC cannot repeal it.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:53 pm

Animavore wrote:Netflix stepping up to the plate.

https://mobile.twitter.com/netflix?ref_ ... r%5Eauthor
Of course, Netflix wins under net neutrality. You think Netflix cares about the little guy and his access to the internet? Netflix, like any other big company, cares about reducing competition, if they can get the government they can help out there. Price controls.

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:18 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Seabass wrote:
Forty Two wrote:
Animavore wrote:Net neutrality repealed.

Heh! Remember when Trump told his lambs he was going to "drain the swamp"?

I remember.
Another success for Trump. Thanks, Trump, for hitting back against the bogus net neutrality scam.
Says the guy who thinks killing elephants makes more elephants.
I never said anything about killing elephants making more elephants.
Yes you did.
http://rationalia.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 0#p1738753
Forty Two wrote:The Service claims that sport hunting, as part of "sound wildlife management programs" can help provide "benefits to conservation."

"We are now able to find that African elephant trophy hunting in Zimbabwe will enhance the survival of the species in the wild. This enhancement finding is required prior to allowing import of elephant trophies under our Endangered Species Act (ESA) regulations," the Service wrote in a statement.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-reve ... -zimbabwe/

The Obama era ban in 2014 was just for Zimbabwe and only because of specific concerns at the time about their ability to manage the population of elephants. It's been reversed because those concerns have been alleviated.

This was never a morality issue, and was not a ban on hunting because hunting is bad.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:21 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Animavore wrote:Netflix stepping up to the plate.

https://mobile.twitter.com/netflix?ref_ ... r%5Eauthor
Of course, Netflix wins under net neutrality. You think Netflix cares about the little guy and his access to the internet? Netflix, like any other big company, cares about reducing competition, if they can get the government they can help out there. Price controls.
Netflix doesn't control internet access and speeds, jackass.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:27 pm

Trump and humor:
"One thing that stuck out to me during rehearsal is he would always poll the people around him if they thought it was funny. He never really seemed to have a grasp on what was funny and why it was funny. He was always looking at others to validate if it was funny," Larsen said.
http://theweek.com/speedreads/654458/do ... ense-humor