Donald is here to stay, now what? Cursing and swearing OK

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Re: Donald is here to stay, now what? Cursing and swearing O

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:57 am

Tero wrote:Franken had to quit as his main thing was truth. He could not go with any half truths.

Trump’s job, for his base, IS to lie. They only follow if he lies.
http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/don ... 99636.html
For those of us who don't talk transparently specious nonsense about how President Bogus is 'arguably truthful' this is only a confirmation from a professional who's studied the subject.
Trump told 6.6 times as many self-serving lies as kind ones. That's a much higher ratio than we found for our study participants, who told about double the number of self-centered lies compared with kind ones.

The most stunning way Trump's lies differed from our participants', though, was in their cruelty. An astonishing 50 percent of Trump's lies were hurtful or disparaging. For example, he proclaimed that John Brennan, James Clapper and James Comey, all career intelligence or law enforcement officials, were "political hacks." He said that "the Sloppy Michael Moore Show on Broadway was a TOTAL BOMB and was forced to close." He insisted that other "countries, they don't put their finest in the lottery system. They put people probably in many cases that they don't want." And he claimed that "Ralph Northam, who is running for Governor of Virginia, is fighting for the violent MS-13 killer gangs & sanctuary cities."

The Trump lies that could not be coded into just one category were typically told both to belittle others and enhance himself. For example: "Senator Bob Corker 'begged' me to endorse him for reelection in Tennessee. I said 'NO' and he dropped out (said he could not win without my endorsement)."
I think that he sees smearing other people as another type of self-serving. After all, it's all about him in the end.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:22 am

And sick Obama bugged him of course. He is always the hero at the centre of everybody else's story - classic sociopathy.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:47 pm

It’s so unfair! Fake media making a big thing of it!

Trump reportedly thinks sexual misconduct allegations are mostly a ploy to undermine powerful men
The Week (RSS) • Bonnie Kristian • 1 hour 38 minutes ago
In public, President Trump has offered praise for women who speak up to expose sexual misconduct by powerful men. "I think it's very, very good for women," he said late last month, "and I'm very happy a lot of these things are coming out." In private, however, he is reportedly singing a different tune. Trump has complained "that the avalanche of charges taking down prominent men is spinning out of control," Politico reported Monday, citing multiple unnamed sources with knowledge of the president's conversations on the subject. Particularly in the case of Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore, who has been accused of sexual misconduct toward girls as young as 14, Trump reportedly believes the allegations were ...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/5d864961-2 ... hinks.html

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:09 pm

Will somebody not think of the poor menz,
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:48 pm

Can't get much more ironclad these days than unnamed sources with knowledge of conversations. I mean, it doesn't say a source who was part of the conversation - just an unnamed source with knowledge OF the conversations. LOL. I wasn't in the room, but so-and-so said that Trump said that he really thinks all the women are coming out now as a ploy to destroy prominent men.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:52 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:Will somebody not think of the poor menz,
Nah, men are stronger than women, and as such the only sex which needs to be thought of is women.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:24 pm

As noted on the previous page of this thread, there have been a few recent examples of the press putting out poorly checked stories, then issuing corrections. I'm confident that it's extremely unlikely we'll ever see Trump correcting the inaccurate things that he says. The Associated Press did a couple of fact-checking pieces about his speech in Florida, and as usual Trump's statements deviate from the facts with tiresome regularity.

Trump off on black homeownership, trade

Trump, Moore and their odd orbit of claims

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:33 pm

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:52 am

Well, Il Douche was elected, and that settles it, according to Sarah Huckabee-Sanders. The people of the US have spoken--Trump isn't guilty of anything inappropriate. Only FAKE NEWS CNN and other enemies of the American people are still talking about Trump's history of nasty behavior with women.

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:25 am

Huckasanders has got balls the size of honeydew melons.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:26 am

The Donald isn't happy with what his ambassador the the UN said about his accusers, according to the AP:
White House aides have warily watched the movement sweep Capitol Hill, opting to repeat rote denials about allegations against the president. The president’s advisers were stunned Sunday when one of the highest-ranking women in the Trump administration broke with the White House line and said the accusers’ voices “should be heard.”

“They should be heard, and they should be dealt with,” Nikki Haley, the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, said in a CBS interview. “And I think we heard from them before the election. And I think any woman who has felt violated or felt mistreated in any way, they have every right to speak up.”

Haley’s comments infuriated the president, according to two people who are familiar with his views but who spoke on condition of anonymity because they aren’t authorized to speak publicly about private conversations. Trump has grown increasingly angry in recent days that the accusations against him have resurfaced, telling associates that the charges are false and drawing parallels to the accusations facing Republican Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore.
:lol:

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:40 am

2000 Muslims celebrating 9/11 on the rooftops, an honest mistake. Sick Obama tapped Trump Tower, an honest mistake. Taping conversations with Comey, an honest mistake. 3-5 million illegal votes cast for Hillary, an honest mistake. ACA meant less people had health coverage, an honest mistake. China was manipulating its currency against the US until he was elected, an honest mistake. 2 people were shot at an Obama event in Chicago, an honest mistake. Largest electoral college majority since Regan, an honest mistake. The terror attack in Sweden that never happened (and the bowling green massacre), an honest mistake.

And these are just the ones I can remember off the top of my head. Who's going to acknowledge and apologise for these honest mistakes? Eh? Eh?

Frank Zappa

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:41 am

Largest inauguration crowd.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:27 am

Yeah, and it didn't rain either. And that he shaved millions off the f-35 budget even though the arrangements were in place when he took office.

Frank Zappa

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:31 am

It was packed. It's just hard to make out the cowls against the white.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.