Bible-Thumper Roy Moore Accused of Hanky-Panky

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Re: Bible-Thumper Roy Moore Accused of Hanky-Panky

Post by Tero » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:05 am

There are some considerations to age difference. Nearly all couples that started having sex at 17 will have one partner turn 18 before the other one. They should then stop, wait till both are 18?

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:17 am

The Republican National Committee has backed away from the (alleged) fondler of young girls.

'RNC cuts off Moore'
The Republican National Committee is withdrawing its support for besieged Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore, leaving him increasingly isolated as he confronts charges of sexual misconduct with teenagers.

The RNC is pulling out of a joint fundraising agreement it had with Moore, according to a senior party official briefed on the decision. It is also canceling a field program it had set up ahead of the state’s Dec. 12 special election. The committee had about a dozen paid canvassers in Alabama working for Moore. It will no longer transfer any money to the race.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:38 am

mistermack wrote:
Tero wrote:How immoral would it be for a 14 year old boy to have sex with a 14 year old girl?
Fine

How immoral would it be for a 30 year old boy...I mean judge... to have sex with a 14 year old girl?
Wrong
That's how you feel about it, and I don't disagree. However, right and wrong don't ACTUALLY exist, except as a consensus of opinion of society.

In law, as I said, the only measure of right or wrong is the age of the younger party. The age of the 30 year old is irrelevant. Move it up two years, and a 32 year old judge fucking a 16 year old girl is perfectly legal.
If it is immoral, why is it still legal?

The truth is, it's another grey area for morals, when we crave for black and white.
It's made greyer by the presumption of the possibility of moral absolutes. Sure, right and wrong are judgement calls, but there's nothing to stop us arguing for or agin a premise on the basis of simple precepts like the reduction of harm and the extent of personal resonsibility. Just because this is subjective, and therefore difficult to codify and apply in a broader context, doesn't make everyone's values, judgements, and actions either morally equivalent or essentially worthless and irrelevant. It should also be noted that the law, which is fundamentally absolute in nature, doesn't define or determine the extent of morally but the extent of legality - morality and legality are not synonyms.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

NineBerry
Tame Wolf

Post by NineBerry » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:23 am

At least in Germany, the law is quite complex. It is not solely age-based. It factors in the age of the younger participant, but also the age of the older participant, and also the relationship between the two persons. A judge as the older partner would potentially be more considered performing an illegal act than some other random person, for example.

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:44 am

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:51 pm

mistermack wrote:
Tero wrote:How immoral would it be for a 14 year old boy to have sex with a 14 year old girl?
Fine

How immoral would it be for a 30 year old boy...I mean judge... to have sex with a 14 year old girl?
Wrong
That's how you feel about it, and I don't disagree. However, right and wrong don't ACTUALLY exist, except as a consensus of opinion of society.

In law, as I said, the only measure of right or wrong is the age of the younger party. The age of the 30 year old is irrelevant. Move it up two years, and a 32 year old judge fucking a 16 year old girl is perfectly legal.
If it is immoral, why is it still legal?

The truth is, it's another grey area for morals, when we crave for black and white.
Well, to me, a 14 year old girl is a teenager - an adolescent. I think there would be typically nothing illegal about two 14 year olds having sex, or a 15 and a 14 year old, although jurisdictions do differ.

Where a person is 32 years old, though, and the law says that under 16 cannot legally consent to sex, or that it is statutory rape for the adult to have sex with the 15 year old, then it's up to the adult to know the law and govern his or her behavior. With respect to the conduct alleged of Moore, I don't think the woman says he fucked her - I was pretty sure it was kissing and fondling, which would be a lesser charge.

For me, personally, as a voter, I would wonder about this guy. But, I've always had sort of a suspicion about guys who dated young girls. When I was a lad of 21, i wouldn't have dated a girl who was in high school. I always found that a little weird.

But, I wouldn't have voted for Roy Moore in the first place, as his politics and lawlessness as a judge are enough. He's nobody I would want in Congress.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:38 am

Roy Moore’s attorney claims MSNBC host is too ‘diverse’ to understand Alabama dating norms

Why would Roy Moore need a mom's permission to date her daughter?P

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:03 am

Tero wrote:Roy Moore’s attorney claims MSNBC host is too ‘diverse’ to understand Alabama dating norms

In Alabama, it is customary to give mom a little present as part of the gaining permission process.

Or fuck her, whichever works... :tea:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:25 am

So bring 2 condoms? One for mom, one for daughter?

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:40 am

Fake penis in her mouth! Fake autograph!
http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/15/politics/ ... index.html

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:26 pm

”Would you be available for a quick blow job in the school parking lot? My car has darkened windows.”

A High School Senior Wouldn’t Give Roy Moore Her Number So She Says He Called Her at School

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:07 pm

Tero wrote:Roy Moore’s attorney claims MSNBC host is too ‘diverse’ to understand Alabama dating norms

The guy's an old man. Throughout Europe and the US, back in the day, permission to date a daughter was commonplace. Like when Michael Corleone has to respectfully ask for permission from Apollonia's father in Sicily to date his daughter. "I want to meet your daughter - with your permission, and under the supervision of your family."

It was also much more common for teenagers to date in the past. Romeo and Juliet were middle schoolers, and in the past it was far more common even in Europe for older men to seek out teenage girls.

The newer usage of the word "pedophile" tends to include anyone who is "underage" in the sense of modern sensibilities, which use 18 as the bellweather, and 16 tends to be the lower age. But, pedophilia really is limited to attraction to prepubescent kids, and traditionally, once people hit their teens matches could be made.

The notion of "dating" is a fairly recent phenomenon, and in the past it was more of arrangements, permission from parents/fathers, and "courting" under the auspices of proper family supervision.

In England and Wales the general age at which a person may marry is 18, but 16- or 17-year-olds may get married with their parents' or guardians' consent. This is a holdover from the days where parental consent was thought relevant in these matters.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:39 pm

Roy Moore Refusing To Withdraw From Alabama 13-Year-Old

https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:42 pm

Forty Two wrote:

The guy's an old man. Throughout Europe and the US, back in the day, permission to date a daughter was commonplace. Like when Michael Corleone has to respectfully ask for permission from Apollonia's father in Sicily to date his daughter. "I want to meet your daughter - with your permission, and under the supervision of your family."

It was also much more common for teenagers to date in the past. Romeo and Juliet were middle schoolers, and in the past it was far more common even in Europe for older men to seek out teenage girls.

The newer usage of the word "pedophile" tends to include anyone who is "underage" in the sense of modern sensibilities, which use 18 as the bellweather, and 16 tends to be the lower age. But, pedophilia really is limited to attraction to prepubescent kids, and traditionally, once people hit their teens matches could be made.

The notion of "dating" is a fairly recent phenomenon, and in the past it was more of arrangements, permission from parents/fathers, and "courting" under the auspices of proper family supervision.

In England and Wales the general age at which a person may marry is 18, but 16- or 17-year-olds may get married with their parents' or guardians' consent. This is a holdover from the days where parental consent was thought relevant in these matters.
So is a 30-something guy asking a parent if he can date their underage daughter an 'Alabama dating norm' - a quaint hangover from a more genteel era?
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:53 pm

I wouldn't call it more genteel, but if you think about other southern folks in decades past - Elvis Presley was 24 when he started out with Priscilla, who was 14. That was 1959, and they "courted" for 8 years, and married in 1967. Jerry Lee Lewis married a 13 year old in 1957. I'm not defending it. However, back then, a lot of the communities there were farming based, and there were lots of kids. There was a tendency to marry young, so that girls would be supported by someone else. Roy Moore was brought up at that time, late 50s, early 60s, when such marriages and courtships would not have raised too many eyebrows.

I still don't support him, though. Just to be clear. His politics are not mine, and his conduct as a judge was lawless. He's nobody I want near a young girl, or the Capitol building.