Bible-Thumper Roy Moore Accused of Hanky-Panky

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Re: Bible-Thumper Roy Moore Accused of Hanky-Panky

Post by JimC » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:30 am

Tero wrote:Polls mean nothing now! Run your own poll in favor of your candidate!

Politico:
Democrats’ internal polling shows Jones running neck-and-neck with Moore in this deep red state where President Donald Trump romped to victory. The party is spending heavily on radio and TV ads to make the case that electing Moore would do irreparable damage to the state’s reputation.

Moore, in response, has implored Alabamians not to listen to the outsiders.
So, the phase "My fellow Americans" no longer has much traction.

Empires break up from within...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:24 am

The 'shy Tory' effect may be working both ways here to skew polls. Moore supporters who are hesitant to admit they'll likely vote for a kiddy-fiddler, and Jones supporters who are hesitant to admit they'll likely vote for a baby-killer.

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:34 am

Why it bothers that one would have a chance to kill your baby always makes me wonder. Did they want to abort and don't want other people to have that chance either since God told them not to?

It's like the gay marriage. It spoils their real marriage.
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:51 am

Doug Jones gets last-minute boost from prominent African-American leaders
(List of politicians)

n addition, Matthew Knowles, Beyonce’s father and an Alabama native, spoke to a group of voters Saturday morning at a prayer breakfast, saying, “We’re not just voting for a person or voting for a party, we’re voting for the perception of Alabama.” He also said that he is "100 percent against the values and ideology that Moore has."

According to a Buzzfeed reporter who was at the breakfast, Knowles said he spoke to Jones, and he’s working out the details to see if they could hold a conversation in person.

Moore has made national headlines for his controversial far-right stances in the past, over the past several weeks has endured intense backlash after nine different women have come forward to accuse the Republican of sexual misconduct. He denies the charges.

mistermack
About me: Never rong.

Post by mistermack » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:18 pm

People bang on about abortion, but I actually find it amazing that people who consider themselves christian could actually support it.

I'm not religious, obviously, and I do support abortion, reluctantly, roughly in the manner in which it's legal in the UK. It is abused, and I'm prepared to live with that. Abortion law is best, to me, as the current murky grey-area compromise over here.

But if I was a christian, there's no way I would be voting for a pro abortionist. I certainly wouldn't criticise people who vote to keep him out. They're christians, and acting on their principles.

I would criticise them for believing that shit in the first place. But peer pressure and indoctrination is enormous in the US. That stuff works, and is hard for anyone to escape from.
While there is a market for shit, there will be assholes to supply it.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:03 pm

You like to sex up 14 year olds, though...
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:11 pm

All part of the noble fight against the Homosexual Conspiracy!
The Homosexual Agenda - The End Of Civilization
The idea that there is a “homosexual agenda” — a concrete plan, worked out with Machiavellian cunning and aimed at convincing straight Americans to accept the unacceptable — dates to the early 1980s, when the gay rights movement was for the first time ever beginning to gain a little bit of real political traction.
Perhaps the first important book to suggest a program of devious infiltration was Enrique Rueda’s 1982 tome, The Homosexual Network, which expanded more soberly on David Noebel’s The Homosexual Revolution: End Time Abomination, a crude 1977 book that savaged homosexuality. A tsunami of similar publications, increasingly pointing to a detailed and secret gay agenda, soon followed. Beverly LaHaye’s 1991 booklet, The Hidden Homosexual Agenda, was typical.
There is some argument on the religious right as to just how the “agenda” came to be. Some locate the beginning in early demands for gay rights like Carl Wittman’s 1970 article, “Refugees from Amerika: A Gay Manifesto,” which called for making alliances with other progressive movements and appealing to younger people. Later, a large number of anti-gay activists claimed it started with a 1990 book, After the Ball: How America Will Conquer Its Fear and Hatred of Gays in the 90’s, by psychologist Marshall Kirk and advertising expert Hunter Madsen.

That book proposed a straightforward campaign — tactics such as speaking openly about homosexuality, portraying gays as victims and their enemies as bullies, and seeking sympathetic allies — but it was painted as an evil conspiracy.

Amusingly, other anti-gay forces mistook a 1987 satire in a Boston gay newspaper for a real plan. Among its most famous lines: “We shall sodomize your sons, emblems of your feeble masculinity, of your shallow dreams and vulgar lives.” It ended with this: “Tremble, hetero swine, when we appear before you without our masks.” It was even entered into the Congressional record — minus its first line, saying it was “a tragic, cruel fantasy, an eruption of inner rage,” a parody.
Over the years, the religious anti-gay right has added ever more florid descriptions of the alleged homosexual agenda. Anti-gay groups have repeatedly claimed, falsely, that the gay rights movement seeks to abolish all sexual age-of-consent laws. Many asserted that the American Psychiatric Association’s 1973 declassification of homosexuality as a mental disorder was merely appeasement of gay activists. Efforts to prevent bullying of LGBT students in lower schools were depicted as cynical attempts to “recruit” children into the “homosexual lifestyle”

The truth is that there is no “homosexual agenda” beyond the decades-long attempt by LGBT people to win equal rights — to be safe in their homes and on the streets, to be able to marry the people they love, to not be discriminated against in housing, jobs and so on. But there most certainly is an anti-gay agenda, and it is one that often will stop at almost nothing in its efforts to smear LGBT people.

The history of those who work to isolate and defame LGBT people, in particular with respect to the alleged “homosexual agenda,” is a long one. But it has gotten even worse as gay people have come closer and closer to real equality.

Janet Porter, president and founder of Faith2Action, said in an anti-gay documentary released earlier this year that “God and his commandments were kicked out of the classroom” and replaced with “a dark agenda that robs children of their innocence and puts their life at risk.” Appearing with her in the film, “Light Wins,” was Scott Lively, who claims that gay men orchestrated the Holocaust, and Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) and former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee.

John Stemberger, who heads Trail Life USA and opposed the Boy Scouts decision to allow gay Scouts, said that if the Scouts went further and allowed gay Scouting leaders, it would endanger “the safety and security” of the boys in the group and allow “the homosexual agenda to infiltrate the church.”
Also this year, Christian Coalition founder Pat Robertson told a viewer of his TV show, “The 700 Club,” that “the gays want to control everything” and warned that “[t]his is part of the left-wing agenda to do away with Christian values.”

Countless others have chimed in on a variety of mythological plans attributed to the gay agenda, all of them baseless — that hate crime laws will be used to send pastors to prison if they publicly disagree with homosexuality, that speech will soon be curtailed to disallow any negative comments about LGBT people, that the legalization of same-sex marriage will destroy heterosexual marriage and so on.

In the words of Janet Mefferd, a far-right syndicated radio host, the country may be moving “toward a day when every Christian who supports real marriage might be made to wear a yellow patch on the sleeve … to identify us as ‘anti-gay haters.’” She didn’t mention that the idea is ridiculous on its face and, in any case, would be entirely impossible under a constitutional system.
https://www.salon.com/2015/11/12/10_rig ... s_partner/
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:09 pm

Christians marrying off virgins to old farts:
http://www.cbc.ca/news2/interactives/sh ... courtship/

It’s tradition:
Indeed, child marriage arranged through Christian courtship is idealized in some fundamentalist quarters of the U.S. South. In conservative homeschooled households, many children grew up reading a series of 19th-century novels by Martha Finley. The books follow the life of Elsie Dinsmore, a devout girl in a fundamentalist Southern Christian environment who ends up marrying her father’s best friend, Mr. Travilla, while she’s a teenager. He’s presumed to be at least 15 years older. (Once married, Elsie continues to address him as “Mr. Travilla.”)

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:21 am

Not the Onion:

Roy Moore in 2011: Getting rid of amendments after 10th would 'eliminate many problems'

13th amendment: ended slavery
14th amendment: guarantees equal protection
15th amendment: prevents voter discrimination
19th amendment: gives women the right to vote
https://twitter.com/natemcdermott/statu ... 8216423424
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:17 am

Longish article about Doug Jones. He seems like a perfectly sane, normal, reasonable, benign centrist who also happened to put a few murderous Klansmen behind bars back in the day. Which means of course that he doesn't stand a chance against the child-fucking, religious maniac Roy Moore.

The fights of his life: Doug Jones' journey from Fairfield to the U.S. Senate race
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:32 am

Klansmen mean nothing.

It’s about ”family values”= abortion.

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:19 am

Seabass wrote:Not the Onion:

Roy Moore in 2011: Getting rid of amendments after 10th would 'eliminate many problems'

13th amendment: ended slavery
14th amendment: guarantees equal protection
15th amendment: prevents voter discrimination
19th amendment: gives women the right to vote
https://twitter.com/natemcdermott/statu ... 8216423424
Well, you've got to say something for him: He's one well-rounded piece of shit. He'll make a perfect addition to the Republicans in the US Senate.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:47 am

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

mistermack
About me: Never rong.

Post by mistermack » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:54 pm

Seabass wrote:Longish article about Doug Jones. He seems like a perfectly sane, normal, reasonable, benign centrist who also happened to put a few murderous Klansmen behind bars back in the day. Which means of course that he doesn't stand a chance against the child-fucking, religious maniac Roy Moore.
Well, of course he doesn't. This is Alabama.
What were they thinking, putting him up for election?

The fucking democrats don't help themselves, do they? (The Lord helps them . . .
While there is a market for shit, there will be assholes to supply it.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:55 pm

This is going badly for Doug Jones. He is doing a Hillary. The election is no longer about Jones, it is 100% about Moore. He has to pound him repeatedly by twitter or any available media.