Bible-Thumper Roy Moore Accused of Hanky-Panky

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Re: Bible-Thumper Roy Moore Accused of Hanky-Panky

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:13 pm

Not being familiar with the US electoral code, does Moore have to present some form of evidence of fraud or spending irregularities when filing the complaint?

I can see this one running into an ongoing #FAKESENATOR 'controversy', one which backs up the general perception inculcated by and among the right and the far-right that the system is #RIGGED against them (but only when they don't win of course). I fear Moore will not rest until he can ride Sassy into the Senate Chamber at a wayward gallop.

Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:19 pm

One of the guys he is using/has used to 'check' the results is a conspiracy theorist amongst other nutty things. He says the odds that the result is correct are 15 billion to one.

Only in Merica.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... ar-BBHqKSr

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:30 pm

Surely those odds would be the same even if Roy had won?
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:05 pm

Apparently he 'evidence' presented by Moore wasn't anything more than unsupported allegations.

'Judge Rejects Roy Moore's Move Seeking To Delay Certification Of Senate Vote'
As for reports of voter fraud like that alleged by Moore, Merrill said that while around 40 cases remain active, "the four most serious charges that we've received have all been vetted and all been cleared" by his office.

Citing a case that he said was "very concerning to a lot of people," Merrill described reports of a town with 2,200 residents — and where more than 5,000 votes were recorded. That supposedly happened south of Birmingham, in a town called Bordalama.

"That is very, very frightening to think that that occurred," Merrill said, "except when you realize that there is no town or community in the state of Alabama called Bordalama. So, that was all fictitious. It was made up, it was just a lie that started on the Internet."

Other cases that were disproven, he said, ranged from claims that busloads of African-Americans and vanloads of Mexicans had been brought to vote in Alabama. Those stories were all lies, Merrill said.

Merrill also said he was able to identify a young man who appeared on local TV on election night — and seemed to suggest people had come from other states to vote for Jones. Merrill's office determined that the man had indeed moved to Alabama, but that he was also employed there and had been registered to vote.

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:36 am

:funny:

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:39 am

Has the dickhead conceded yet, or is he still suffering from a case of "born to rule"?
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:44 am

I don't think he's conceded. I'm sure it would have been on the news if he had.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:22 am

Good ol' Southern style retribution, perhaps.

'Roy Moore accuser's Gadsden home burns; arson investigation underway'
Roy Moore accuser Tina Johnson lost her home Wednesday in a fire that is now under investigation by the Etowah County Arson Task Force.

Tina Johnson, who first came to public notice for accusing Senate candidate Roy Moore of grabbing her in his office in the early 1990s, said her home on Lake Mary Louise Road in Gadsden caught fire Tuesday morning.

After neighbors and some utility workers called 911 shortly after 8 a.m. Tuesday, the Lookout Mountain Fire Department responded to the scene. By the time the flames were extinguished, Johnson and her family had lost everything they owned.

"I am devastated, just devastated," said Johnson on Friday morning. "We have just the clothes on our backs."

Nobody appears to have been harmed in the blaze; Johnson and her husband were at work, and her grandson was at school.

"That fire is still under investigation by the Etowah County Arson Task Force," said Natalie Barton, public information officer with the Etowah County Sheriff's Department. "A suspect of interest is being spoken to. But there have been no charges, to my knowledge, related to the fire at this time."

Barton later released a statement, saying, "The ongoing investigation does not lead us to believe that the fire is in any way related to Roy Moore or allegations made against him. More details will be released when warrants are obtained."

According to Johnson and neighbor Kevin Tallant, other neighbors witnessed a young man who had a history of public intoxication walking around the house before and during the blaze.

"He's been trouble in the neighborhood for a while," said Tallant, who lives across the street from Johnson and her family. He got a call from another neighbor that morning who said smoke was coming from the home and that somebody might be inside.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:32 am

It's what Jesus would do. :tea:

Frank Zappa

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:26 am

Frank Zappa

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:27 pm

One of the Alabama sheriffs who endorsed Roy Moore in his campaign for office in the US Senate is feeling a bit of heat on a couple of fronts.

'Beach House Sheriff' under federal, state investigation over jail food money'
Etowah County Sheriff Todd Entrekin says that he is under investigation by federal and state authorities.

Entrekin told AL.com on Friday that the U.S. Department of Homeland Security Office of Inspector General and the state Ethics Commission are conducting separate investigations into the way he has handled public money allocated to feed inmates in the Etowah County jail.

He said in a telephone interview that he was first contacted by the agencies a "couple weeks ago," and that he is complying with their probes.

"The federal [DHS] OIG is looking at it, they're doing an investigation, so is the Ethics Commission," Entrekin said. "They're looking at the food bill, they've asked for some documents from me ... My lawyer provided them records."

In March, AL.com reported that Entrekin personally kept more than $750,000 worth of money allocated by local, state and federal government sources to feed the inmates in his jail. In September he and his wife bought a beach house in Orange Beach for $740,000.

Donald Rhea, Entrekin's Gadsden lawyer, told AL.com during a brief telephone interview Friday that he was unwilling to answer any questions.
'Police investigating allegations Alabama's 'Beach House Sheriff' had sex with underage girls'
Police are investigating Etowah County Sheriff Todd Entrekin for allegedly having sex with underage girls during drug-fueled parties he hosted for fellow law enforcement officers and other adult men in the early nineties.

A 41-year-old woman first detailed the claims during several hours of in-person interviews with AL.com in May, during which she alleged that Entrekin had sex with her four times in the late summer of 1992, when he was 29 and she was 15 years old. In Alabama, the age of consent is 16.

An Oneonta Police Department incident report filed later in May classified the woman's claims against Entrekin as alleging second-degree rape.

Entrekin denied the allegations in a telephone interview Friday.

"I've never had sex with any 15-year-old girl or had drugs around or anything. I have never done drugs in my life," he said. "That's the most absurd thing I've ever heard of. Never, ever has anything like that happened before."

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:16 pm

Can't keep a slimy sleazeball down! :demon:

'Alabama's Roy Moore, undone by allegations, considers new Senate run'
Alabama Republican Roy Moore, whose unsuccessful 2017 campaign for the U.S. Senate was marred by allegations he sexually assaulted or pursued teenage girls while in his 30s, said on Friday that he may again run for the Senate.

In an interview on the Christian program “Focal Point” on American Family Radio, host Bryan Fischer asked Moore about the 2020 race for the Senate in Alabama. “Tell me what you’re thinking about throwing your hat back into the ring,” Fischer said.

“I’m seriously considering it, I think that it (the 2017 Senate race) was stolen,” Moore responded, citing what he described as misinformation campaigns against him.

Joe

Post by Joe » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:45 am

Well, he never took down his campaign website, so he's ready to go.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:45 am

Did he ever even concede? I don't think he did...

Joe

Post by Joe » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:14 am

As long as the donate button works... :biggrin:
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake