Bible-Thumper Roy Moore Accused of Hanky-Panky

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Bible-Thumper Roy Moore Accused of Hanky-Panky

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:09 pm

. . . With an under-aged girl. There are other accusations, but the age of consent in Alabama is and was 16, and the other women were at least 16 when the alleged funny business took place. Roy Moore is currently the Republican candidate for US Senate in Alabama. His political career has been largely focussed on pushing the idea that the US and its laws are, and should be centered on Christian values.

'Woman says Roy Moore initiated sexual encounter when she was 14, he was 32'
Leigh Corfman says she was 14 years old when an older man approached her outside a courtroom in Etowah County, Ala. She was sitting on a wooden bench with her mother, they both recall, when the man introduced himself as Roy Moore.

It was early 1979 and Moore — now the Republican nominee in Alabama for a U.S. Senate seat — was a 32-year-old assistant district attorney. He struck up a conversation, Corfman and her mother say, and offered to watch the girl while her mother went inside for a child custody hearing.

“He said, ‘Oh, you don’t want her to go in there and hear all that. I’ll stay out here with her,’ ” says Corfman’s mother, Nancy Wells, 71. “I thought, how nice for him to want to take care of my little girl.”

Alone with Corfman, Moore chatted with her and asked for her phone number, she says. Days later, she says, he picked her up around the corner from her house in Gadsden, drove her about 30 minutes to his home in the woods, told her how pretty she was and kissed her. On a second visit, she says, he took off her shirt and pants and removed his clothes. He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear.

“I wanted it over with — I wanted out,” she remembers thinking. “Please just get this over with. Whatever this is, just get it over.” Corfman says she asked Moore to take her home, and he did.

Two of Corfman’s childhood friends say she told them at the time that she was seeing an older man, and one says Corfman identified the man as Moore. Wells says her daughter told her about the encounter more than a decade later, as Moore was becoming more prominent as a local judge.

NineBerry
Tame Wolf

Re: Bible-Thumper Roy Moore Accused of Hanky-Panky

Post by NineBerry » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:13 pm

Christian values.

What do you think what the age of Mary and Joseph were when they consumated marriage?

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:25 pm

Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:53 pm

NineBerry wrote:Christian values.

What do you think what the age of Mary and Joseph were when they consumated marriage?
You called it correctly.

'Alabama state auditor defends Roy Moore against sexual allegations, invokes Mary and Joseph'
Moore began dating his wife Kayla around this time, according to [Alabama State Auditor Jim] Ziegler. “He dated her. He married her, and they’ve been married about 35 years. They’re blessed with a wonderful marriage and his wife Kayla is 14 years younger than Moore.”

Asked whether or not the report would upend Moore’s campaign, Ziegler predicted that Alabama voters would be angrier at the Washington Post for “desperately trying to get something negative” than Moore for his dalliances with teenage girls decades ago.

“He’s clean as a hound’s tooth,” Ziegler claimed, before relying on Scripture to defend Moore.

“Take the Bible. Zachariah and Elizabeth for instance. Zachariah was extremely old to marry Elizabeth and they became the parents of John the Baptist,” Ziegler said choosing his words carefully before invoking Christ. “Also take Joseph and Mary. Mary was a teenager and Joseph was an adult carpenter. They became parents of Jesus.”

“There’s just nothing immoral or illegal here,” Ziegler concluded. “Maybe just a little bit unusual.”

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:56 pm

Islam could mount a pretty good argument in this area... :tea:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:22 pm

John 22:14

So saying, He showed her his hands and his side. And the Lord moved in her, filling her with joy and delight.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:33 pm

Ezekiel 23:19-20

Yet she became more and more promiscuous as she recalled the days of her youth, when she was a prostitute in Egypt.
There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:06 am

Mother Jones article about his opponent. Big civil rights guy, apparently. If I know Alabama, Roy Moore is a shoo-in.

He Beat the KKK. Can He Convince Alabama to Reject Bigotry Again? Doug Jones is hoping that a civil rights message can defeat Roy Moore and send a Democrat to the Senate.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:04 am

The New York Times reports that Moore has showed remarkable sympathy to convicted sexual predators.
Democrats alleged a deeper pattern of leniency in Mr. Moore’s judicial decisions involving sexual predation, pointing to several cases in which the former judge expressed skepticism of young women making allegations of sexual abuse.

In a 2015 case involving a man, David Pittman, who pleaded guilty to raping an underage girl, Mr. Moore wrote in a dissenting opinion that Mr. Pittman should have been allowed to introduce evidence showing his alleged victim’s parents “suspected her of sexual activity,” because it could be relevant to discerning her “alleged motive” in claiming she had been assaulted.

And in a 2014 case, involving a man convicted of abusing two underage girls, Mr. Moore wrote in a dissenting opinion that the man, Sherman Tate, should have had the chance in court to demonstrate that his accusers were romantically involved with each other. Mr. Moore wrote that connection “could be relevant to the victims’ alleged bias against Tate.”

“In cases of sexual misconduct, even against minors, Roy Moore blames the victims and sides with the attackers,” said Chris Hayden, a spokesman for Senate Majority PAC, the Democratic group that highlighted the cases. “Knowing that Roy Moore himself is an attacker it has never been clearer that he is not fit to serve in the U.S. Senate.”

That's some real Christian charity right there.

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:10 am

Anyway, I agree that Alabama is almost certain to put the slimeball theocrat in the US Senate.

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:01 am

Good ol' Christian boy Moore used a Veterans' Day event to deny, deny, deny, as well as issue a threat about 'revelations' coming from investigations of his accusers and the reporters who brought their story forward. Meanwhile, a former co-worker says that it was common knowledge in their office that Moore had a predilection for teenage girls.

"Former Moore colleague: 'Common knowledge' that he dated high school girls"
A former colleague of GOP Senate candidate Roy Moore said Saturday that it was "common knowledge" that the Alabama Republican dated high school girls when he worked in the Etowah County District Attorney's Office in the 1980s.

In a statement to CNN, Teresa Jones, who served as deputy district attorney for Etowah County, Ala., from 1982 until 1985, said that multiple people thought it was unusual that Moore dated high school girls, but that no one ever raised the matter with him.

"It was common knowledge that Roy Moore dated high school girls, everyone we knew thought it was weird," Jones told CNN. "We wondered why someone his age would hang out at high school football games and the mall ... but you really wouldn't say anything to someone like that."
Moore was also on Hannity's radio show Friday talking without a lawyer, giving conflicting answers.
When Hannity asked Moore if he had ever dated 16-, 17- or 18-year-olds, he answered "not generally, no" and added that dating a girl in her late teens "would have been out of my customary behavior."

"I don't remember dating any girl without the permission of her mother," Moore also said.

Later the former Alabama chief justice said he did not recall ever dating a girl in her late teens and agreed that it would have been "inappropriate."
... Unless he asked permission from her mother, of course. :smug:

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:44 am

Don Lemon's reaction is priceless.

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:30 pm

Evangelicals are fun.
Nearly 40 percent of Alabama evangelicals said in a new poll that they are more likely to vote for GOP Senate candidate Roy Moore following allegations of sexual misconduct against him.

A JMC analytics poll found that 37 percent of evangelicals surveyed said the allegations make them more likely to vote for the GOP Senate candidate in the upcoming election.

Poll: 37 percent of Alabama evangelicals more likely to vote for Moore after allegations

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:44 pm

I suspect the reason is defiance of the liberal enemy rather than an active liking of pedophilia...

For most, at least...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:33 pm

A Democrat leading in 'bama. My god.
The latest poll, conducted by JMC Analytics, found that Moore's opponent, Doug Jones, has a four-point lead — 46 percent of Alabamans indicated they would vote for Jones, while 42 percent said they would elect Moore.
New Alabama poll shows Democrat Doug Jones in lead over Roy Moore