US v Manafort

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Re: US v Manafort

Post by Seabass » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:20 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:36 pm
Trump Derangement Syndrome.
Says the guy who votes for the party of creationists and racists.
Says the guy who voted for a climate denier.
Says the guy who voted for a birther.
Says the guy who voted for an Alex Jones fan.
Says the guy who voted for a member of the fucking WWE hall of fame for president.
Says the guy who voted for a reality TV star.
Says the guy who voted for a man who almost played the role of president in Sharknado 3 for actual president.
Says the guy who continues to defend a president who sides with Putin over multiple intelligence agencies from multiple allies as well as our own.
Says the guy who makes rationalizations and excuses for government sanctioned kidnapping.
Says the guy who supports a president who calls the press "the enemy of the people" and "fake news".
Says the guy who supports a president who has a celebrity feud with Rosie O'Donnell.

Says the guy who thinks:

Infowars
Mike Cernovich
Newsbusters
Gateway Pundit
True Pundit
Zerohedge
Breitbart
Political Insider
Daily Caller
The Blaze

are legitimate news sources.

"Derangement syndrome." You can fuck off with that shit. The only derangement I see comes from Trump worshippers.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:33 pm

Seabass wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:20 pm
Forty Two wrote:
Says the guy who voted for a member of the fucking WWE hall of fame for president.
Says the guy who voted for a man who almost played the role of president in Sharknado 3 for actual president.
Says the guy who continues to defend a president who sides with Putin over multiple intelligence agencies from multiple allies as well as our own.
Says the guy who makes rationalizations and excuses for government sanctioned kidnapping.
Says the guy who supports a president who calls the press "the enemy of the people" and "fake news".
Says the guy who supports a president who has a celebrity feud with Rosie O'Donnell.

Says the guy who thinks:

Infowars
Mike Cernovich
Newsbusters
Gateway Pundit
True Pundit
Zerohedge
Breitbart
Political Insider
Daily Caller
The Blaze

"Derangement syndrome." You can fuck off with that shit. The only derangement I see comes from Trump worshippers.
I'm not worried about his background or his viewpoints on creationism or birth certificates, and such. I'm worried about his policies, which are far and away better than the alternative.

I never called those sites legitimate news sources. They're opinion and editorial websites. Sometimes they have interesting things to say. But, I've never called them "news." And, I've seen others here posting from some pretty wacked out websites and blogs and opinion sources -- it only seems to matter when it's on
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Jason
Destroyer of words

Post by Jason » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:57 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:33 pm
I'm not worried about his background or his viewpoints on creationism or birth certificates, and such. I'm worried about his policies, which are far and away better than the alternative.
So you are in favour of his policies - all his policies?

tattuchu
a dickload of cocks
About me: I'm having trouble with the trolley.

Post by tattuchu » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:06 pm

Seabass wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:20 pm
Forty Two wrote:

Says the guy who thinks:

Infowars
Mike Cernovich
Newsbusters
Gateway Pundit
True Pundit
Zerohedge
Breitbart
Political Insider
Daily Caller
The Blaze

And who cites senile, disgraced, no-one-takes-anything-he-says-seriously-anymore, my-friends-on-Martha's-are-shunning-me, Trump apologist lawyer Alan Derpshowitz as an authority.
People think "queue" is just "q" followed by 4 silent letters.

But those letters are not silent.

They're just waiting their turn.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:12 pm

Almost everyone cites Alan Dershowitz as an authority. He is a very consistent, authoritative legal expert, who has defended the unpopular client for his entire career. He's one of the most respected defense attorneys around, and a Harvard law professor. It's a prime example of Trump Derangement Syndrome that as soon as he expresses his legal views on the Trump and Russia matter, that people start calling him a "trump apologist" and using dopey insults against him like "Derpshowitz." Trump apologist. LOL. That's what asshats say about defense attorneys who represent accused rapists. They're rape-apologists, not defense attorneys. Typical SJW nonsense.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:15 pm

Forty Two wrote:
far and away better than the alternative.
Only deranged idiots believe that.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:15 pm

Śiva wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:57 pm
Forty Two wrote:
So you are in favour of his policies - all his policies?
Nope. Not all. I've never supported all the policies of anyone I've ever supported for President. It's impossible, because both parties take politically motivated and wrongheaded (IMO) positions on issues.

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:29 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Trouble is, his viewpoints inform his policy making. His belief that global warming is a hoax, for example, has led to him being the most anti-environment president we've ever had.

Your lack of worry about his viewpoints makes you and people who think like you a threat to the continued existence of life on earth. The world is burning, and you're worried about the fucking SJWs. Talk about deranged.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:41 pm

Seabass wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:15 pm
Forty Two wrote:
far and away better than the alternative.
Only deranged idiots believe that.
You should do some self-examination and find out where your rage and derangement come from.

The alternative would be higher taxes, likely another foreign intervention, poor policy regarding ISIS, no real dialogue with North Korea, and likely a big push for the absurd "medicare for all" and socialized college, among other things. She promised to put coal mines out of business. She wanted to raise taxes. She wanted to loosen the already porous immigration system. The US embassy in Israel would still be in Tel Aviv. The Iran deal would still be in place, and the ayatollahs left largely unimpeded. She would not have done what Trump has done relative to China and North Korea. Loretta Lynch, for helping to minimize the various probes, might be Clinton’s attorney general. John Brennan, James Clapper, Susan Rice and Samantha Power might have important government jobs instead of having to fight to keep their dirty tricks buried.

I don't like the alternative. Right now, we have lower taxes, lower unemployment, high employment, reasonable inflation, good stock market, good foreign policy moves, increasing manufacturing (when we were all told that was impossible), good policy initiatives re China and North Korea, a defeated ISIS, no new wars in sight, a President pushing for a comprehensive and sane immigration reform, and the like.

You may think the alternative would be better. That's fine for you.

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:43 pm

“increasing manufacturing (when we were all told that was impossible)“

There is no evidence for that. When the economy picks up, it’s service and home constuction, not manufacture.
some are factory jobs
Durable goods manufacturing accounted for nearly all of the increase, including job gains in fabricated metal products (+7,000), computer and electronic products (+5,000), and primary metals (+3,000). Motor vehicles and parts also added jobs over the month (+12,000), after declining by 8,000 in May.
Last edited by Tero on Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:44 pm

Seabass wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:29 pm
Forty Two wrote:
Trouble is, his viewpoints inform his policy making. His belief that global warming is a hoax, for example, has led to him being the most anti-environment president we've ever had.
Only in the judgment of ideological leftists. The US is doing just fine on the environment, and getting out of Kyoto was a great thing.
Seabass wrote:

Your lack of worry about his viewpoints makes you and people who think like you a threat to the continued existence of life on earth. The world is burning, and you're worried about the fucking SJWs. Talk about deranged.
And it is absurd, hyperbolic lunacy like that statement that evidences the reality of Trump Derangement Syndrom. I'm a threat to the continued existence of life on Earth. LOL. Go on Chicken Little. Keep talking.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:49 pm

Obama saved us, a bit:
As of December 2017, there were 12.5 million manufacturing jobs – 1.2 million fewer than there were in December 2007, when the recession started, BLS data show. At last year’s growth rate, it would take until nearly 2023 just to recover the jobs lost during the recession.

Pence made his remarks in an interview with the conservative radio show host Dana Loesch. “Look at the jobs numbers that were just released last week — manufacturing is roaring back,” he said.
Atkinson, co-author of a 2015 report called “The Myth of America’s Manufacturing Renaissance: The Real State of U.S. Manufacturing,” said that being 1.2 million short of the pre-recession jobs level is just one indication that manufacturing is not back.
https://www.factcheck.org/2018/01/manuf ... ring-back/

June data 54 000 education and healthcare
50 000 business services
but Changes in retail employment, which tends to be more volatile than the other sectors, included a loss of more than 21,000 jobs in June, the bureau said.

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:03 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:44 pm
Seabass wrote:
Forty Two wrote:
Only in the judgment of ideological leftists. The US is doing just fine on the environment, and getting out of Kyoto was a great thing.
Seabass wrote:

And it is absurd, hyperbolic lunacy like that statement that evidences the reality of Trump Derangement Syndrom. I'm a threat to the continued existence of life on Earth. LOL. Go on Chicken Little. Keep talking.
You are fucking delusional. The delusions of you and your ilk have real world consequences because you can vote. So yes, that makes you and millions of others who suffer from similar delusions dangerous.

https://www.ucsusa.org/global-warming/s ... f-co2.html

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:23 pm

South Korea has decent public transportation. My son was in a city 1/2 hour from Seoul. It seemed like all of the 500 000 went to Seoul except the service and construction people. It was growing on all sides, 20 story apartment buildings going up. There was no way to have cars for 500 000 for those people. At night they took cabs a lot. All cab rides were 5-10 dollars that we took.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:05 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:03 pm
Tero wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:52 pm
Very few international money launderers are caught. Trump is such a big fish it would take a decade to sort theu all his shady deals. And who knows what he verbally agreed to do in exchange for his chunk of the money?
The Manafort thing is in 2014 and prior. There isn't even an allegation that Trump was involved, much less any suggestion that he got a chunk of money. Trump Derangement Syndrome = all things anyone who ever said hello to Trump does which are bad and which don't benefit the Democrats are Trump crimes.
He has been associated with a bunch of dodgy characters, though. Where there's smoke there's usually fire..
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.