Celebrity Sexual Harassment Charge Sheet

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Re: Hypersensitivity - Next Victim - Adam Sandler

Post by Rum » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:34 pm

There certainly seems to be a lot of hysteria around about sexual/personal conduct at the moment. Surely there is a difference between the exploitation of someone a la Weinstein and either unwelcome or inappropriate advances between two perfectly competent adults. How can that be bad? If you aren't interested just say so. If you aren't sure go with the flow and see what happens. If it is really abusive tell them to fuck off or report them to someone.

There is a certain lack of proportion around all this at the moment.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:26 pm

Such a touchy issue... :tea:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

devogue

Post by devogue » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:35 pm

I'm really worried that it will fuck House of Cards up.

devogue

Post by devogue » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:38 pm

devogue wrote:I'm really worried that it will fuck House of Cards up.
Ah, I've just seen that it has been cancelled.

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:41 am

Brian Peacock wrote:Yeah, men and women are the same, so if men are OK with it so women should be as well.

:tea:
Feminists say men and women are the same, and should be treated equally, don't they? Or, are they saying that women should be treated more gingerly than men? Go ahead and put your hands on men's knees, no biggie. But... you can't do that to a lady. It just isn't proper.

Seriously, though, there is nothing that "men" find o.k. and "women" find not o.k. Some women like this or that, and some men like this or that. If the individual whose knee was touched says she's fine with it, then shouldn't that be the end of it? Men and women are allowed to interact how they see fit, aren't they?
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:02 am

Forty Two wrote:
Brian Peacock wrote:Yeah, men and women are the same, so if men are OK with it so women should be as well.

:tea:
Feminists say men and women are the same, and should be treated equally, don't they?
Woosh.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

mistermack
About me: Never rong.

Post by mistermack » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:34 am

If you're in your mid to late twenties, and good looking, you can touch up most women, and they will love it.

Go forward forty years and put on fifty or sixty pounds, a lot of it round the face, and they get offended.
It's a mystery, to be sure.

Do these rich cunts have no mirrors in their houses?
While there is a market for shit, there will be assholes to supply it.

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:42 am

Brian Peacock wrote: Again, we're seeing somebody being offended on behalf of somebody else, and then another person swinging by to chip in about how being offended on behalf of somebody else is a problem for society that's actually caused by people chipping in about how people chipping in about people being offended on behalf of somebody else is a problem for society.
I'm offended by people thinking this is a big issue when people are being blown to bits in Mogadishu.
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:07 am

JimC wrote:Such a touchy issue... :tea:
I gotta hand it to you. You really put your finger on the crux of the issue.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:59 pm

I never liked Kevin Spacey anyway. Overrated in my book and far too mannered an actor.

Forty Two

Next Sexual Harasser - Dustin Hoffman

Post by Forty Two » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:32 pm

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/featur ... mn-1053466

This one is highly detailed, and it makes Dustin Hoffman out to be just a douchebag. I can't imagine anyone talking like this. He says to her when ordering breakfast "I'll have a hardboiled egg - and a soft boiled clitoris." What does that even mean? He's talking to a teenager - now I don't infantilize 17 year olds. She's pretty much an adult there and stupid sex references and joking shouldn't be that big of a deal. But, from her descriptions, she's getting her ass grabbed by a middle aged guy more than twice her age, and he's the big star on site, and he's acting like a total creep. I mean "did you have sex this weekend like I told you to?" What the fuck is that? How is that even funny? What the heck does Dustin Hoffman think when he's doing this stuff to her - and his 13 year old daughter was working around that same set.

I mean - this sort of thing is ridiculous. I am not sure what to make of it yet.

Tyrannical

Re: Next Sexual Harasser - Dustin Hoffman

Post by Tyrannical » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:39 pm

Not Morrissey lol
A rational skeptic should be able to discuss and debate anything, no matter how much they may personally disagree with that point of view. Discussing a subject is not agreeing with it, but understanding it.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Re: Next Sexual Harasser - Dustin Hoffman

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:06 pm

I think Mrs Robinson scared him for life.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Re: Celebrity Sexual Harassment Charge Sheet

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:09 pm

Threads merged
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

cronus
Black Market Analyst
About me: Illis quos amo deserviam

Mighty Have Fallon

Post by cronus » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:14 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41838682

Sir Michael Fallon resigns over past behaviour claims

Defence Secretary Sir Michael Fallon has resigned following allegations of past behaviour.

He said his behaviour may have "fallen short" of the standards expected by the UK military and said it was right that Parliament was now taking this issue seriously.
The BBC understands his decision was not related to new or specific claims.

The PM said she appreciated the "serious manner" in which Sir Michael had considered his role.
Theresa May said she also appreciated the "particular example you wish to set servicemen and women and others".

(continued, feel like I'm the cat what's brought in a dead mouse tory scalp thing...requires merging with the mega-scandal thread....)
What will the world be like after its ruler is removed?