Celebrity Sexual Harassment Charge Sheet

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Re: Celebrity Sexual Harassment Charge Sheet

Post by Seabass » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:01 am

Forty Two wrote:All these revelations - I don't even need to add to the list - more against Kevin Spacey -- other actors involved - it's really starting to make me wonder if I underestimate the awfulness of people in the world. I mean, I genuine assume that people that would act like Weinstein or Kevin Spacey are few and far between - sick fucks. Maybe my libido just isn't at a level like this. I mean - I wouldn't even want to do the things these asshats do, even if I thought I could get away with it.
Tell me about it. I mean, millions of people actually voted for notorious sexist, serial harasser, and proud pussy grabber Donald Trump for president. How could so many people be so awful? It truly boggles the mind.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

DRSB

Post by DRSB » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:29 am

Harassment is not only being grabbed somewhere or being order to grab things, it is also being told off as being hormonal, aggressive and bitchy for calling people out on their inappropriate behaviour or just for stating a contrarian opinion resolutely.

Tyrannical

Post by Tyrannical » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:19 am

Tell me about it. I mean, millions of people actually voted for notorious sexist, serial harasser, and proud pussy grabber Donald Trump for president. How could so many people be so awful? It truly boggles the mind.
Trump isn't a notorious sexist and serial harasser. BUT Bill Clinton IS and so are a lot of Hillary's Hollywood pals.

Democrats: The party of Rape and Sexual Harassment.
A rational skeptic should be able to discuss and debate anything, no matter how much they may personally disagree with that point of view. Discussing a subject is not agreeing with it, but understanding it.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:07 am

sez the guy whose party elected a self admitted pussy grabber...
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

mistermack
About me: Never rong.

Post by mistermack » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:42 pm

Tyrannical wrote: Trump isn't a notorious sexist and serial harasser. BUT Bill Clinton IS
What planet have you been on ???

Bill Clinton did NOT have sexual relations with that woman, Monica Lewinski. :prof:
While there is a market for shit, there will be assholes to supply it.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:16 pm

well he still got blown up uranus
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:44 pm

Tyrannical wrote:
Trump isn't a notorious sexist and serial harasser. BUT Bill Clinton IS and so are a lot of Hillary's Hollywood pals.

Democrats: The party of Rape and Sexual Harassment.
Trump voters are like Hitler voters, but fatter and dumber.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:34 pm

DRSB wrote:Harassment is not only being grabbed somewhere or being order to grab things, it is also being told off as being hormonal, aggressive and bitchy for calling people out on their inappropriate behaviour or just for stating a contrarian opinion resolutely.
Actually, it isn't. Being told off is not harassment. Harassment generally involves conduct that is is severe or pervasive enough to create a hostile, abusive or intimidating environment. So, if someone calls another person a bitch, for example, that's not necessarily harassment. If, however, they do it to the point where it's so severe and pervasive that the environment is abusive or intimidating, then it becomes harassment.

By your definition, women telling off men as being "pigs" and sutch or telling them off as toxically masculine and overloaded with testosterone would be "harassment."
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

mistermack
About me: Never rong.

Post by mistermack » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:06 pm

If you want to discuss the rich and powerful exploiting innocent young girls, you can't get a clearer example than Prince Charles.

He used the prestige of his position to con an innocent young girl into acting as a brood mare for him to breed from. While all the time carrying on his relations with the woman he actually wanted.

It's a lot more disgusting, than some sad wanker old politician having a quick feel of a party worker.
While there is a market for shit, there will be assholes to supply it.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:19 pm

Well, that's what happens with welfare cases on the dole.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:47 am

Forty Two wrote:
DRSB wrote:Harassment is not only being grabbed somewhere or being order to grab things, it is also being told off as being hormonal, aggressive and bitchy for calling people out on their inappropriate behaviour or just for stating a contrarian opinion resolutely.
Actually, it isn't. Being told off is not harassment. Harassment generally involves conduct that is is severe or pervasive enough to create a hostile, abusive or intimidating environment. So, if someone calls another person a bitch, for example, that's not necessarily harassment. If, however, they do it to the point where it's so severe and pervasive that the environment is abusive or intimidating, then it becomes harassment.

By your definition, women telling off men as being "pigs" and sutch or telling them off as toxically masculine and overloaded with testosterone would be "harassment."
Yeah, what about the men?!!!
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:01 pm

I didn't ask "what about the men?" I identified a discrepancy in the definition of harassment posed. Obviously, it's not harassment to tell men off as pigs and such, or tell them off as toxically masculine and overloaded with testosterone, etc. Just as it would not be "harassment" to tell a woman off as overly hormonal, etc. That's not "what about the men?"

Harassment has to be severe and pervasive, and create an environment which is hostile and offense. That's in the employment context. In the non-employment world, like, in daily life, it's even harder for conduct to rise to the level of harassment. For example, under the law in my jurisdiction, “Harass” means to engage in a course of conduct directed at a specific person that causes substantial emotional distress in such person and serves no legitimate purpose. And, by “Course of conduct” they mean a pattern of conduct composed of a series of acts over a period of time evidencing a continuity of purpose. Constitutionally protected activity is not included within the meaning of “course of conduct.” To be a violation of the law, the conduct amounting to harassment must be done wilfully/intentionally and unless the person is under 16, has to involve a "credible threat" of injury or to put the person in fear of injury (or occur after a restraining order or other order of the court has been entered against the violator).

So, "harassment" in terms of the employment context is one thing, and harassment in terms of daily life outside of that context is another.

And it's not harassment to express political opinions - like "women should be in the kitchen" or that they shouldn't have the right to vote.

The wording of the law in this area varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, but the tension is between protecting people from the dick-bag making threats and otherwise badgering/bothering another person for no reason and to the point where it's significant, on the one hand, and making sure that political and other opinions, no matter how distasteful, are still permitted. It can sometimes be a difficult line.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:12 pm

Forty Two wrote:I didn't ask "what about the men?"
Yeah, sure you didn't. That's why you diverted a comment about harassment against women to a hypothetical about harassment against men.
I identified a discrepancy in the definition of harassment posed. Obviously, it's not harassment to tell men off as pigs and such, or tell them off as toxically masculine and overloaded with testosterone, etc. Just as it would not be "harassment" to tell a woman off as overly hormonal, etc. That's not "what about the men?"
That's fucking exactly what it is. It's diverting from the fact that women face a power imbalance and harassment is a bigger issue for them.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:00 pm

pErvinalia wrote:
Forty Two wrote:I didn't ask "what about the men?"
Yeah, sure you didn't. That's why you diverted a comment about harassment against women to a hypothetical about harassment against men.
I was addressing the definition posed, which was inaccurate. There is nothing "what about the men?" about using the hypothetical I used. It illustrated the defect in the definition, which was to include something that was not sexual harassment within the definition of sexual harassment.

pErvinalia wrote:
I identified a discrepancy in the definition of harassment posed. Obviously, it's not harassment to tell men off as pigs and such, or tell them off as toxically masculine and overloaded with testosterone, etc. Just as it would not be "harassment" to tell a woman off as overly hormonal, etc. That's not "what about the men?"
That's fucking exactly what it is. It's diverting from the fact that women face a power imbalance and harassment is a bigger issue for them.
No it isn't, not in the least. Whether "women" as a sex face a power imbalance and consider harassment a bigger issue doesn't change the definition of sexual harassment, which would not include merely telling a woman off as hormonal.

I find it funny that I'm the one accused of having my knickers in a twist, and you like to tell me to go to a safe space and you like to call me a snowflake, over and over again, but you get so upset and knicker-twisted so quickly. LOL. "That's FUCKING exactly what it is" you say... lol. Can't you just disagree with me and say that you think you know what I really mean, even though I didn't say it, and that what I really meant was "what about the men?" to focus on male victims of sexual harassment instead?

Go ahead now - get angry about it - tell me how I'm an rwnj and you know what I really mean here, and that what I said wasn't what I really meant. For good measure, add that I'm clueless, you've explained this to me all before time and time again, I'm focusing on issues of no concern and insufficient significance in your estimation, and I love infowars and fox news, and I'm a snowflake and should go to my safe space. Those are all tried-and-true arguments.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:02 pm

Me swearing isn't === to being upset. I'm Australian. That's just how we talk.