Celebrity Sexual Harassment Charge Sheet

cronus
Black Market Analyst
About me: Illis quos amo deserviam

Celebrity Sexual Harassment Charge Sheet

Post by cronus » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:39 am

Threads merged.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 25606.html

Tory minister Mark Garnier to be investigated by Cabinet Office over claim he asked aide to buy sex toys

Mark Garnier, an International Trade minister, is to be investigated by the Cabinet Office over whether he broke the ministerial code after admitting he asked his secretary to purchase sex toys for him.

Addressing about the allegations Jeremy Hunt, the Health Secretary, confirmed an investigation would take place, adding: “These stories, if they are true, are obviously totally unacceptable”

It comes amid various allegations of sexual harassment and misconduct in the Palace of Westminster in the past week and interventions from both the Prime Minister and Jeremy Corbyn, who said there was a “warped and depraved” culture that is “thriving in the corridors of power”.

(continued)
What will the world be like after its ruler is removed?

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Re: Tory minister Mark Garnier 'sex toy and sugar tits' scan

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:43 pm

Poor chap, if he wanted them for himself, and didn't have the time to go shopping, then asking his secretary to pop out for a dozen buttplugs and two litres of strawberry lube is no different than asking them to nip out for a paninni and an espresso.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:50 pm

... but then again, he ia a Tory...
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

Strontium Dog
About me: Navy Seals are not seals

Post by Strontium Dog » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:40 pm

Two words for this guy: mail order.
100% verifiable facts or your money back. Anti-fascist. Enemy of woo - theistic or otherwise. Cloth is not an antiviral. Imagination and fantasy is no substitute for tangible reality. Wishing doesn't make it real.

"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear" - George Orwell

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Barry Goldwater

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:06 pm

Makes a change from rent boys, I suppose... :tea:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:57 pm

Apparently, he affectionately referred to his secretary as, "sugar tits".

Frank Zappa

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Hypersensitivity - Next Victim - Adam Sandler

Post by Forty Two » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:15 am

Threads merged

https://www.wmagazine.com/story/adam-sa ... e-foy-knee

So, is the article correct that if Adam Sandler was sitting between Ryan Reynolds and Geoffrey Rush, and he tapped their legs a couple times during the talk, that it would be something people were trying to decipher? Really?

Let's face it, the crowd bleating on about this want the social rule to be: Men, wrong if we say you're wrong. Even if Claire Foy says she wasn't offended by it in any way, which she did, this is a "problem" for society as a whole - it's a women in general problem.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Re: Hypersensitivity - Next Victim - Adam Sandler

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:06 pm

Yeah, men and women are the same, so if men are OK with it so women should be as well.

:tea:

Frank Zappa

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:02 pm

It just reminds me of what a weirdo I am. I can't stand this shit. It really shouldn't be a big deal. People ought to be able to see this, and talk about it. You know, they should be able to just bullshit about it. It's just gossip. It's water cooler talk. It's no big deal. But, if I heard two people approaching the water cooler talking about this in this way, I'd think, "christ, shut the fuck up, who cares". I know it's wrong, but that's the way I think. Christ, shut the fuck up, who cares? Why do you even know about this?

It's just a weird self-righteous reaction I have to this sort of thing, --man.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:39 pm

I don't get it either. This chick (and possibly the other one) was uncomfortable with it. Where's the fucking news story here? A person was uncomfortable with it, so it's not unreasonable to accept that Sandler should be a bit more aware of what he was doing. All perfectly reasonable, until some "I'm not a conservative" perennially offended "liberal" has a "what about teh menz" moment. Imagine being able to ignore all the nasty shit that is going on in the world, but being hung up by a few women exhibiting a bit of power over men. I mean, seriously..
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:24 pm

You know what it is, it's other people. It's celebrity bullshit. If your friend came over and wanted to talk about a guy who touched her leg, you'd be all over that. I would too. Oh really, what a creep. Or, oh really, do you like him? --whatever the situation calls for. But who's Adam Sandler? He's Happy Gilmore right? I don't know. I don't know the women either. I don't know anything about any of it.

And even though it's ultimately just bullshitting, at some point I'll be expected to make a real judgment, to choose a side on the ethics of the Adam Sandler knee touching incident. And by doing that I'll have to allow that all my future judgments of similar situations may be influenced by my consideration of the behavior of Happy Gilmore, and that's fucked up. :biggrin:

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:29 pm

To be honest, if a friend came over and wanted to talk about a knee touching incident, I'd be reaching for my Luger.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:31 pm

:lol: In America, the gun is a replacement for the cock. I'll assume it's different in Australia.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:36 pm

:lol:

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:27 pm

Sean Hayden wrote::lol: In America, the gun is a replacement for the cock. I'll assume it's different in Australia.
Depends if you're firing blanks or not. :tea:

Again, we're seeing somebody being offended on behalf of somebody else, and then another person swinging by to chip in about how being offended on behalf of somebody else is a problem for society that's actually caused by people chipping in about how people chipping in about people being offended on behalf of somebody else is a problem for society.

Frank Zappa