Celebrity Sexual Harassment Charge Sheet

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Re: Celebrity Sexual Harassment Charge Sheet

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:11 pm

She's lying when she says she meets 'godesses', if she means it in the deitific sense - otherwise she just meets 'Divas'.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:41 pm

Hey Neil! Look at my tattoo! Look close!

Oh, yes, let me see -- does it have pluto in there?

[touches shoulder and back of arm]

eek! I've been sexually assaulted!

So inappropriate.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:23 pm

Just can't help misrepresenting, eh?
Dr. Allers said her experience was public and didn’t rise to the level of assault, but that it did show Tyson was capable of some “creepy behavior.”

[source]

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:30 pm

That's what passes for "creepy" these days, eh? Guess they've never hung around carnies.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:16 pm

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:47 pm

Neil lookin' fly in that hat. I want.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:18 pm

L'Emmerdeur wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:23 pm
Dr. Allers said her experience was public and didn’t rise to the level of assault, but that it did show Tyson was capable of some “creepy behavior.”

[source]
The Mary Sue, too, I guess - "Three Women Have Now Accused Neil deGrasse Tyson of Sexual Misconduct" And, "Two women have accused him of inappropriate behavior towards them, including touching them without their consent and trying to seduce them. One of the accusers details how Tyson grabbed her arm to study her body-wide tattoo of the solar system, and then tried to “find Pluto” by following the tattoo into her dress " https://www.themarysue.com/neil-degrass ... ViA0xG9YlM

That's the link that was posted above on this thread, and the one I was addressing.

Tyson is capable of "Creepy behavior" -- frankly, depending on the person, asking a stranger to examine one's tattoos might well be considered creepy. Perhaps Dr. Allers herself is "capable of some 'creepy behavior'"! LOL.

The main point is that a person making some sort of public complaint about this kind of thing ought to be ashamed of herself.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:23 pm

laklak wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:47 pm
Neil lookin' fly in that hat. I want.
It' too fly for a white guy. :tea:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:29 pm

I'm sure Tyson went in there and busted up their chiffarobes for a nickel.

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:51 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:18 pm
L'Emmerdeur wrote:

[source]
The Mary Sue, too, I guess -
You guess incorrectly. Nowhere in that article does Dr. Allers accuse deGrasse Tyson of sexual assault. Nor does the author of the article make such an accusation on her behalf.
Forty Two wrote:
The main point is that a person making some sort of public complaint about this kind of thing ought to be ashamed of herself.
Yes, you've made your position on this topic clear. Dr. deGrasse Tyson has a more enlightened perspective. In fact, his accounts of the two occasions do not contradict the women's and he apologized in a straight-forward manner.

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:55 am

Forty Two wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:41 pm

So inappropriate.
But it had the Big Dipper, and Eta Ursae Majoris, the end of the handle, was under her bra! You can’t have bad science on tattoos. You have to check them for accuracy!!
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:00 am

Tero wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:55 am
Forty Two wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:41 pm

So inappropriate.
But it had the Big Dipper, and Eta Ursae Majoris, the end of the handle, was under her bra! You can’t have bad science on tattoos. You have to check them for accuracy!!
Who gives a fuck? They were standing next to each other for a public photo op and he touched her arm. Lady, grow the fuck up.

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:01 am

Er, there was no Big Dipper.
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:05 am

L'Emmerdeur wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:51 pm
Forty Two wrote:
L'Emmerdeur wrote:

[source]
The Mary Sue, too, I guess -
You guess incorrectly. Nowhere in that article does Dr. Allers accuse deGrasse Tyson of sexual assault. Nor does the author of the article make such an accusation on her behalf.
Do you even read these articles? The lead says it was "Sexual Misconduct" and the "sexual misconduct" was "touching without consent" (AKA "assault and battery") and the article calls it inappropriate and sexual misconduct. So, an assault which is sexual misconduct is what? Sexual and assault. Sexual assault.

And, the article is even dopier than that - saying that it's "inappropriate" behavior and "Sexual misconduct" to "Try to seduce" a woman. LOL. Such clap trap.
L'Emmerdeur wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:51 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Yes, you've made your position on this topic clear. Dr. deGrasse Tyson has a more enlightened perspective. In fact, his accounts of the two occasions do not contradict the women's and he apologized in a straight-forward manner.
Yeah, Tyson has to watch his mouth, because if he treads the wrong way on this, they'll roast him. He's lucky he's not on a pyre now.

No, they don't contradict the women's accounts, which is why I said that I don't need to think they're liars. Even if everything they say is true, the stories are painfully stupid and unbecoming of an adult to even mention it. A lady's arm was touched after she offered it up to be inspected by the guy - and the other one is a woman who was invited up for wine and cheese and had her hand shaken after not being hit on. She thinks he tried "seduce" her, says the Mary Sue. LOL. Grown women griping about this?

Stop, just stop.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:06 am

Tero wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:01 am
Er, there was no Big Dipper.
That's what she said...