Celebrity Sexual Harassment Charge Sheet

Tyrannical

Re: Celebrity Sexual Harassment Charge Sheet

Post by Tyrannical » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:10 am

I'm waiting for this shit storm to turn on rap lyrics.........
A rational skeptic should be able to discuss and debate anything, no matter how much they may personally disagree with that point of view. Discussing a subject is not agreeing with it, but understanding it.

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:35 pm

Tyrannical wrote:I'm waiting for this shit storm to turn on rap lyrics.........
You won't see it, because Progressive Stack theory and the notion of African Americans as members of a marginalized group.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:42 pm

JimC wrote:The male ranks of the entertainment industry stand to be decimated!
No.

Decimation means only one out of ten get the chop.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:24 pm

I know, but I was using it in the colloquial sense that those other than pedants usually take it... :tea:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:28 pm

...just don't use it the way the pederasts do...
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:08 am

Forty Two wrote:
You won't see it, because Progressive Stack theory and the notion of African Americans as members of a marginalized group.
Nonsense. It's because Rap is the epitome of the American dream.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:06 pm

Damien Green, the Conservative First Secretary of State, has been caught dabbling with the hand shandy at work.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... _clipboard
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:41 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Forty Two wrote:
...except when it's stigmatized as too black by the racist American population... depend on the day.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:46 pm

Anyone have any detail on the Garrison Keillor allegations?

Those who don't know, Garrison Keillor hosted A Prairie Home Companion on National Public Radio for decades. He was a much loved NPR figure.

he was recently jettisoned from NPR over improper conduct allegations. The only thing they've publicized is this thing where he supposedly put his hand on a woman's back, and she was wearing an open backed shirt of some kind and his hand slid six inches up her back a bit. She protested at the time, and he apologized at the time. He apparently wrote to her to express his apology for touching her back, and she told him not to worry about it. He heard nothing about it until her lawyer called. That's what he says. Apparently, he says it wasn't sexual in any way from his perspective, and this is the only incident involving him.

But, he's fired, and all his shows are canceled, and his whole career is gone. I find it hard to believe a career is done over a touch on the back. There must be more to it that I have not seen. Anyone know?

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:02 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Brian Peacock wrote:
Forty Two wrote:
...except when it's stigmatized as too black by the racist American population... depend on the day.
Hey, we're all black on the inside man.

Frank Zappa

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:53 pm

DRSB

Post by DRSB » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:27 pm

What statement was Rose McGowan making by wearing this dress, or not wearing a dress, that is?

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:48 pm

I know me.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:01 pm

DRSB wrote:What statement was Rose McGowan making by wearing this dress, or not wearing a dress, that is?

If a woman exposes herself it's self-expression. If a man exposes himself it's sexual harassment.

DRSB

Post by DRSB » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:59 am

Forty Two wrote:
DRSB wrote:What statement was Rose McGowan making by wearing this dress, or not wearing a dress, that is?

If a woman exposes herself it's self-expression. If a man exposes himself it's sexual harassment.
In this case I concur.