Post by DRSB » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:01 am

Met opera suspends conductor after sex abuse accusations

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Re: Celebrity Sexual Harassment Charge Sheet

Post by Hermit » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:47 am

DRSB wrote:
Forty Two wrote:
DRSB wrote:What statement was Rose McGowan making by wearing this dress, or not wearing a dress, that is?

If a woman exposes herself it's self-expression. If a man exposes himself it's sexual harassment.
In this case I concur.
So do I. If the playing field were level, an argument can be intelligibly made that both men and women were engaging in self-expression, though, but that's not where we are at the moment. Equality is not limited to the sphere of formal laws.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

DRSB

Post by DRSB » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:54 am

Hermit wrote:
DRSB wrote:
Forty Two wrote:
DRSB wrote:What statement was Rose McGowan making by wearing this dress, or not wearing a dress, that is?

If a woman exposes herself it's self-expression. If a man exposes himself it's sexual harassment.
In this case I concur.
So do I. If the playing field were level, an argument can be intelligibly made that both men and women were engaging in self-expression, though, but that's not where we are at the moment. Equality is not limited to the sphere of formal laws.
And Pamela Anderson does have a point when she talks about common sense! Being invited to a business meeting at somebody's hotel room must trigger some alarms, their opening the door in a bath robe even more, at this point it is either not business or it is a shitty kind of business.

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:21 am

DRSB wrote:And Pamela Anderson does have a point when she talks about common sense! Being invited to a business meeting at somebody's hotel room must trigger some alarms, their opening the door in a bath robe even more, at this point it is either not business or it is a shitty kind of business.
It is a good illustration of power imbalances that have nothing to do with the letter of the law. Prospective applicants for a film role are given a choice: Suck my cock or miss out on the job. Some choose one option, others the other, and as soon as the power imbalance no longer exists or is circumvented, that awful choice needs no longer be decided on. Popularity or a signed contract can do that. For example,
After signing her first longterm contract with Fox, she [Marilyn Monroe] triumphantly declared: "I have sucked my last cock."
Link
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

DRSB

Post by DRSB » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:35 am

And when the conversion leads to marriage (in the case of Melania), it all becomes legitimate (even though I have no written proof of how it was in this particular case).
In any case, once they get the contract, they start believing they are really talented and beautiful and what not! Don't get me started on Gwyneth Paltrow, every second woman in Ukraine or Lithuania is prettier than her, as for talent, having a mogul as godfather and being born into the industry certainly make up for the the lack thereof.

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:57 am

DRSB wrote:And when the conversion leads to marriage (in the case of Melania), it all becomes legitimate (even though I have no written proof of how it was in this particular case).
In any case, once they get the contract, they start believing they are really talented and beautiful and what not! Don't get me started on Gwyneth Paltrow, every second woman in Ukraine or Lithuania is prettier than her, as for talent, having a mogul as godfather and being born into the industry certainly make up for the the lack thereof.
What is the connection between all this and sexual harassment / self-expression?

DRSB

Post by DRSB » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:00 am

Indeed, I am wondering what the connection is because there seems to be one.

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:16 am

DRSB wrote:Indeed, I am wondering what the connection is because there seems to be one.
Enlighten me, please.

DRSB

Post by DRSB » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:38 am

Hermit wrote:
DRSB wrote:Indeed, I am wondering what the connection is because there seems to be one.
Enlighten me, please.
I have to figure it out first.

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:53 am

DRSB wrote:
Hermit wrote:
Enlighten me, please.
I have to figure it out first.
:hehe:

Consult Forty Two. He can spin anything out of nothing. ;)

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:10 am

What about the men? [/42]
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

DRSB

Post by DRSB » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:29 am

Men get harassed too in the same contexts for the same reasons, by men mostly because men are more often in power positions. But women in power positions are no better probably. For starters, women in power positions generally like to surround themselves with men rather than with other women, this gives them more ego strokes. This may not be harassment per se but more like cat fights and mobbing, still abusive and still about power.

DRSB

Post by DRSB » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:50 pm

The biggest abuse cases are in the family by relatives or trust figures and it the abuse is disguised!

DRSB

Post by DRSB » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:18 pm

What Salma Hayek’s account of Harvey Weinstein being her “monster” reveals about Hollywood

https://www.vox.com/culture/2017/12/14/ ... tein-frida

DRSB

Post by DRSB » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:31 pm

Dustin Hoffman accused of exposing himself to a minor, assaulting two women in bombshell Variety report

https://www.aol.com/article/entertainme ... /23307950/