Goings-on in North Korea

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Re: Goings-on in North Korea

Post by Sean Hayden » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:07 pm

You're delusional because you never claim to be doing anything more than taking the piss, exploring an issue, blah, blah, blah, when it's obvious you're pushing an agenda. Hell, even with your last comment you're playing dumb. :lol: what, I can't just make fun of Hillary --left bias, censorship :lol:

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:40 pm

Sean Hayden wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:07 pm
You're delusional because you never claim to be doing anything more than taking the piss, exploring an issue, blah, blah, blah, when it's obvious you're pushing an agenda. Hell, even with your last comment you're playing dumb. :lol: what, I can't just make fun of Hillary --left bias, censorship :lol:
That's ridiculous.

First, posting memes about Trump or Clinton or anyone else is absolutely "taking the piss." What else is it? I'm teasing, mocking, taking the piss, just like people do all the time with other politicians.

Second, some issues are issues to talk about. I'm not pushing an agenda any more than anyone else here. We all have opinions and debate and argue them. Some I hold strongly and others I don't. There is nothing wrong with talking about an issue without making it a political battle. I agree with some things people say, and I disagree with others.

Third, as for making fun of HIllary - it's obvious the subject matter of the memes are the problem. People post various memes and jokes and comments about politicians all the time. For some reason, though, a few pop up about Hillary and there are some folks that get all bunged up about it, and they start talking about agendas and political spam, where the act of posting anti-hilllary memes is not more of an agenda or political spam than posts about any other politician.

Lastly, there is nothing wrong with loathing Hillary Clinton, or any other politician. What, exactly, is the problem? You think people with anti-Hillary agendas shouldn't be allowed to post here?
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:44 pm

I'm not reading all that. You're a right-winger pushing their agenda. I view your attempt to appear moderate and objective as complete bullshit.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:02 pm

I'm not in the least a right-winger.

But, even if I had an agenda and was a right-winger, so what? Right wingers are not allowed to post here? Ratz is a site for friendly, rabid left-winger atheists only? Anti-Hillary posts are not allowed? Many people here have said they don't have a preference for either side, or an allegiance to either side, and are able to criticize Hillary as much as Trump. So what's wrong with criticizing Hillary? What's wrong with mocking her?

This notion that I'm a right winger is absolutely absurd - well, unless "right wing" now means: atheist, antitheist, pro-choice, anti-death penalty, pro-prison reform (actually in favor of disbanding and tearing down most prisons), pro legalization of almost all recreational drugs, pro civil rights (including non-discrimination laws in employment and public accommodations), pro-antitrust law and breakups of monopolies, oligopolies and anticompetitive trusts, pro-rights of the accused, pro-freedom of speech, pro-freedom of the press, and in favor of reasonable gun control legislation (including the banning of some guns), I am pro embryonic stem cell research including government funding thereof, I am pro-physician assisted suicide legalization with protections, I agree that science currently shows that humankind is significantly impacting climate change which is occurring, I oppose racial profiling, I am in favor expanding legal immigration (but, properly enforcing immigration law), I support the total separation of religion and government, I am in favor of same sex marriage (or, alternatively, the elimination of marriage from the legislation in favor of everyone engaging in domestic partnerships), I support a reasonable social safety net to help the poor and less fortunate.

That might be to the right of Chairman Mao or Antifa, but for the love of Pete, man, that's not "right winger" stuff. What, exactly, is it that you think makes me "right wing?" Mocking Hillary fucking Clinton?
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:09 pm

You're a right-winger. But you're allowed to be, and I apologize for being a dick about it. :cheers:

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:10 pm

On what basis do you say that? What are the right winger views you think I subscribe to?

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:43 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:10 pm
On what basis do you say that? What are the right winger views you think I subscribe to?
Milton Friedman and Trump supporter. 'Nough said.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:11 am

But at least he's normal right, and not alt right... :tea:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:13 am

He's not Ted Cruz levels of right wing. I think you'd call him centre-right, like most liberals.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:53 am

You are praising him with faint damns... :hehe:
And my gin!

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:54 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:13 am
I think you'd call him centre-right, like most liberals.
No. Jim is centre-right. 42 is somewhere in that gap between him and the alt-right.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:00 am

:irate:

No, I am in the perfect centre, and all those to either the left or right of me are somewhat unbalanced... :smoke:
And my gin!

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:16 am

JimC wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:00 am
:irate:

No, I am in the perfect centre, and all those to either the left or right of me are somewhat unbalanced... :smoke:
Depending on the criteria used I'd actually agree with you, provided you straighten your tie and button up your cardigan.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:18 am

I'm certainly a slob.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:05 am

Me too, I left skidmarks on my bathrobe this morning. Fucking gross. At least it's white, so Mrs. Lak can bleach it.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.