Goings-on in North Korea

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Re: Goings-on in North Korea

Post by Rum » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:45 am

You and me Tat! No real surprises for me anyway..
politcomp.jpg
politcomp.jpg (22.53 KiB) Viewed 2132 times

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:49 am

My God, I've become a veritable centrist! :?
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (26.82 KiB) Viewed 2131 times
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:50 am

Rum wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:45 am
You and me Tat! No real surprises for me anyway..

politcomp.jpg
Authoritarian!

:hairfire:
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:14 am

Steady on old chap or I'll have to call the thought police.

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:38 pm

Seabass wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:47 am
Forty Two wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:01 pm
The only "infowars" link is a video. It's not an article. It's a video.
There are seven. Seven Infowars links. Not one. Seven.
Oh, gee, I'm sorry, I didn't realize you were bothering about links from 2012 and 2010. What the fuck, dude? Those posts are basically video clips about events, not false commentary or conspiracy theory, if you bother to click right through them. But, you're sitting here harping on 7 links over 8 years (only two of which were in the last 6 years). Fuck off.

Seabass wrote:
Mother of god, I've never seen denial like this. I've never encountered anything like it. This is nuts.
Denial of what? They're links to events as part of discussions mostly 6-8 years ago, and have nothing to do with conspiracty theories or bizarre claims. What the fuck is your problem?
Seabass wrote:

What you've just done would be like Crumple claiming he never posts music videos, followed by someone providing links to all the times he's posted music videos, followed by Crumple responding with, "It was just that one time. Just that one video."
I didn't say "never." I've said repeatedly that I post from a variety of sources, right, left, up, down, conservative, liberal, leftist, etc. The recitation of a list of links doesn't say anything. I can go around here and put up a bunch of bizarre cites that many people have linked to over the years. So what?

Infowars - at most, you've illustrated 7 citations, in 8 years, all but two of which were more than 6 years ago, and none of which were posted to espouse any false claim, conspiracy theory, or what have you. Stick it up your ass, weirdo.
Seabass wrote:

I now feel I should apologize to Galaxian and Superuniverse for comparing you to them. They ain't got shit on you. I think you might be suffering from some kind of psychosis or something.
lTh

Me? You're sitting here trying to drum up some sort of case against me because of some links over the better part of a decade, not a single one of which you have shown was untrue or deceptive or advocated some bizarre conspiracy theory.

Something is seriously wrong with you for you to have your panties in such a bunch here. Grow the fuck up. This is Rationalia - it's traditionally an anything goes place, and linking to radical or extreme sources as part of discussions was actually pretty common. Only, the maturity level of you and a couple others is so juvenile, that you can't seem to discuss anything anymore. It's all yelling, namecalling, and SJW-AtheismPlus-like crap.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:21 pm

:hilarious:

Bitch, you're the only one who seems to be in need of a safe space. What with your inquiries about group attack rules, your constant reporting, and your numerous protests about not being allowed to spam up the forum with 600 Trump praise threads.

Listen, cupcake—if you don't want others dredging up your posting history, all you have to do stop swearing up and down that you're not right-wing. It's a fucking charade. For fuck's sake, if nearly everyone on the forum considers you to be right-wing, then maybe you should at least entertain the possibility that you might be right-wing. But that would require some modicum of self-awareness now, wouldn't it.

Forty Two wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:38 pm
Seabass wrote:
Forty Two wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:01 pm
The only "infowars" link is a video. It's not an article. It's a video.
There are seven. Seven Infowars links. Not one. Seven.
Oh, gee, I'm sorry, I didn't realize you were bothering about links from 2012 and 2010. What the fuck, dude? Those posts are basically video clips about events, not false commentary or conspiracy theory, if you bother to click right through them. But, you're sitting here harping on 7 links over 8 years (only two of which were in the last 6 years). Fuck off.

Seabass wrote:
Mother of god, I've never seen denial like this. I've never encountered anything like it. This is nuts.
Denial of what? They're links to events as part of discussions mostly 6-8 years ago, and have nothing to do with conspiracty theories or bizarre claims. What the fuck is your problem?
Seabass wrote:

What you've just done would be like Crumple claiming he never posts music videos, followed by someone providing links to all the times he's posted music videos, followed by Crumple responding with, "It was just that one time. Just that one video."
I didn't say "never." I've said repeatedly that I post from a variety of sources, right, left, up, down, conservative, liberal, leftist, etc. The recitation of a list of links doesn't say anything. I can go around here and put up a bunch of bizarre cites that many people have linked to over the years. So what?

Infowars - at most, you've illustrated 7 citations, in 8 years, all but two of which were more than 6 years ago, and none of which were posted to espouse any false claim, conspiracy theory, or what have you. Stick it up your ass, weirdo.
Seabass wrote:

I now feel I should apologize to Galaxian and Superuniverse for comparing you to them. They ain't got shit on you. I think you might be suffering from some kind of psychosis or something.
lTh

Me? You're sitting here trying to drum up some sort of case against me because of some links over the better part of a decade, not a single one of which you have shown was untrue or deceptive or advocated some bizarre conspiracy theory.

Something is seriously wrong with you for you to have your panties in such a bunch here. Grow the fuck up. This is Rationalia - it's traditionally an anything goes place, and linking to radical or extreme sources as part of discussions was actually pretty common. Only, the maturity level of you and a couple others is so juvenile, that you can't seem to discuss anything anymore. It's all yelling, namecalling, and SJW-AtheismPlus-like crap.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:24 am

Scot, this post: http://www.rationalia.com/forum/viewtop ... 9#p1773749
contains a personal attack on another member. This is a reminder to desist from such posts in future.
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:27 am

rainbow, this post: http://www.rationalia.com/forum/viewtop ... 4#p1772564
contains a personal attack on a fellow member. This is a reminder to desist from such posts in future.
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:13 am

Awesome, people other than me getting sanctioned for stuff! :yes:

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:16 am

Actually, assuming it is him who has reported everyone again, I might go and pick out his recent attacks and report them. It's about time he was sanctioned instead of other people getting sanctioned for dealing with his disingenuous nonsense.

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:05 am

Oh just leave him. If he feels it does him good well and good.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Galaxian
About me: Too old & too far away from the Beloved...

Post by Galaxian » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:08 am

Seabass wrote:
I now feel I should apologize to Galaxian...
:td: Apology accepted ! The rest of you can line up behind Seabass to express similar contrition :biggrin:
The true seeker looks for the truth wherever it may be and readily accepts it, without shame, without hope for reward and without fear of punishment._Sam Nejad
There's no Mercy. There's no Justice. There is only Natural Selection! _Galaxian
The more important a news item, the more likely that it's a hidden agenda disinformation_Galaxian
"This world of sheeple has no hope!" Thus just 13 years left before extinction by AI_ Galaxian

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:26 pm

Forty Two wrote:
You're sitting here trying to drum up some sort of case
The case is that you denied having sourced information from the Inforwars site. You denied it. Then you denied doing so any more than once. The trouble is that you were proven to have done so seven times. Now you go "Yabbut I quoted from Infowars several years ago, and anyway, the morsels I extracted from Infowars are all true." Talk about moving the goal posts. :roll:

Can you not simply say "Yes, I was wrong in claiming that I never sourced my information from Infowars. I was also wrong in claiming that I never sourced my information from Infowars more than once" and be done with it? doing so might just give some of us the impression that you possessed a trace of honesty.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:13 pm

Seabass wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:21 pm
:hilarious:

Bitch, you're the only one who seems to be in need of a safe space. What with your inquiries about group attack rules, your constant reporting, and your numerous protests about not being allowed to spam up the forum with 600 Trump praise threads.
I never said anyone was in need of a safe space. And, what's wrong with inquiring about the group attack rule? It was applied previously. I wanted clarification on the rules. Reporting? Yes, because people like you can't control yourselves, and you keep violating the rules, and getting warned for it. Can't you keep yourself from namecalling and personal attacks?

"Not being allowed to spam Trump praise threads?" One, there weren't "numerous" protests. There was a discussion about why all Trump posts had to be combined. My point was that there are issues that relate to Trump that merit longer discussions, and to combine everything means it's difficult to focus on a particular item. And, that's accurate. The reason all the Trump posts are put in one, is because people like you want to control the discussion. I've not attempted to create excessive numbers of threads of any kind.

Seabass wrote:
Listen, cupcake—
See, you can't help yourself. Such a tough guy you are.... sounds like you're someone trying to compensate.
Seabass wrote:
if you don't want others dredging up your posting history, all you have to do stop swearing up and down that you're not right-wing.
I'm not. If you look at my positions on a whole host of issues, I lean liberterian and moderate.
Seabass wrote:
It's a fucking charade. For fuck's sake, if nearly everyone on the forum considers you to be right-wing, then maybe you should at least entertain the possibility that you might be right-wing. But that would require some modicum of self-awareness now, wouldn't it.
No, because I don't think "nearly everyone" here considers me to be right wing. I know the more sensible members of the forum see that I don't like you and pErvin. You're miserable.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:18 pm

Hermit wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:26 pm
Forty Two wrote:
You're sitting here trying to drum up some sort of case
The case is that you denied having sourced information from the Inforwars site. You denied it. Then you denied doing so any more than once. The trouble is that you were proven to have done so seven times. Now you go "Yabbut I quoted from Infowars several years ago, and anyway, the morsels I extracted from Infowars are all true." Talk about moving the goal posts. :roll:

Can you not simply say "Yes, I was wrong in claiming that I never sourced my information from Infowars. I was also wrong in claiming that I never sourced my information from Infowars more than once" and be done with it? doing so might just give some of us the impression that you possessed a trace of honesty.
Look, I don't remember denying that i ever cited InfoWars. I did. So have other people. I have never sourced it for any reason involving the weird conspiracy theories like birtherism, 9/11 truth, and other such nonsense.

I don't remember how many times I cited to a given source overall.

If I did say that I "never" cited infowars, obviously that's wrong. I did cite infowars, like twice in the last five years. What do you win from that? I don't recall making the categorical denial - I mean, I have been very clear about this for the last year or so, which is that I cite many sources, and the vast majority of them are mainstream. Sure, I've cited the odd breitbart or daily caller article here and there, so what?

If you wouldn't mind, I would appreciate it if you could bring to my attention - perhaps I forgot - where I categorically said that I "never" ever cited infowars. Thanks much.