nk EMP attack could ‘shut down US power grid and kill 90%

cronus
Black Market Analyst
About me: Illis quos amo deserviam

nk EMP attack could ‘shut down US power grid and kill 90%

Post by cronus » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:38 pm

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 02756.html

EMP attack could ‘shut down US power grid and kill 90% of Americans’

Experts have warned Congress that it is ignoring a newly-developed weapon from North Korea which could shut down the US power grid and kill the vast majority of Americans within a year.

Two members of the disbanded congressional Electromagnetic Pulse (EMP) commission said at a recent House Homeland Security subcommittee hearing that a nuclear EMP attack from Kim Jong Un was the “biggest threat” to the US yet it remains “unacknowledged” by the government.

More attention has been focused on the regime’s continued testing of intercontinental ballistic missiles this year, but the dictatorship also recently claimed to have tested a hydrogen bomb underground in September.

(CONTINUED)
What will the world be like after its ruler is removed?

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Re: nk EMP attack could ‘shut down US power grid and kill 90

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:34 pm

You'll let us know when it happens.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

cronus
Black Market Analyst
About me: Illis quos amo deserviam

Post by cronus » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:41 pm

pErvin wrote:You'll let us know when it happens.
If 90% of Americans die would the remaining 10% notice? :tea:
What will the world be like after its ruler is removed?

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:57 pm

That's a big problem, but I don't think it's a risk particular to North Korea's nukes. It's really the reality of any nuclear attack. All nuclear weapons emit an EMP. There are devices out there that are enhanced EMP weapons, though. The US has them. Russia has them. China has them, etc.

And, taking down the US electrical system is a solid way to knock us back to the the 17th century. Same with any western country, though.

People will die on a massive scale if that happened, and it would, likely, be the end of the United States. What would emerge would definitely be a police state, because the result of a loss of power for an extended period of time is anarchy and massive internecine violence.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

NineBerry
Tame Wolf

Post by NineBerry » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:01 pm

Forty Two wrote:People will die on a massive scale if that happened, and it would, likely, be the end of the United States. What would emerge would definitely be a police state, because the result of a loss of power for an extended period of time is anarchy and massive internecine violence.
On the positive side: You don't need an HBO subscription any more to see stuff like on The Walking Dead.