The lynching of Harvey Weinstein

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Re: The lynching of Harvey Weinstein

Post by Hermit » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:41 am

Galaxian wrote:Any accusations made before 25 years have passed should be ignored. The Statute of Limitations dictates that when making sex crime allegations the 'victim' or police have to allow at least 25 years to have passed before pressing charges. You can see this in practice in many case, such as Rolf Harris and Archbishop Governor General Peter Hollingworth.
You're all over the place again. Harris was not charged in the USA. He was charged in the UK. Living in Australia all his life, Hollingworth was not charged with a sex offence in the USA either. In fact, he was not charged with anything at all. Anywhere. An inquiry initiated by Phillip Aspinall, Hollingworth's successor as archbishop did conclude that Hollingworth had allowed a known paedophile to continue working as a priest ten years earlier. As for the Statute of Limitations in the USA, you need to acquaint yourself with the facts. You'll discover that each state has its own statutes of limitations, and that they vary enormously even within the area of sex crimes.
Galaxian wrote:In modern feminism, the women want other women, and they do not want any men (their enemy) to have them. But I suppose that's a 'sexist' observation? :coffee:
Looks more like something a paranoid lunatic would conclude his incoherent rant with.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Galaxian
About me: Too old & too far away from the Beloved...

Post by Galaxian » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:14 am

Brian Peacock wrote:
Rum wrote:
pErvin wrote:
Here you go:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKcWu0t ... g&index=14

Good luck with your 'Privilege Points', You all have so much educayshun... Must feel good :zombie:
The true seeker looks for the truth wherever it may be and readily accepts it, without shame, without hope for reward and without fear of punishment._Sam Nejad
There's no Mercy. There's no Justice. There is only Natural Selection! _Galaxian
The more important a news item, the more likely that it's a hidden agenda disinformation_Galaxian
"This world of sheeple has no hope!" Thus just 13 years left before extinction by AI_ Galaxian

Galaxian
About me: Too old & too far away from the Beloved...

Post by Galaxian » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:31 am

Hermit wrote:
Galaxian wrote:Any accusations made before 25 years have passed should be ignored. The Statute of Limitations dictates that when making sex crime allegations the 'victim' or police have to allow at least 25 years to have passed before pressing charges. You can see this in practice in many case, such as Rolf Harris and Archbishop Governor General Peter Hollingworth.
You're all over the place again. Harris was not charged in the USA. He was charged in the UK. Living in Australia all his life, Hollingworth was not charged with a sex offence in the USA either. In fact, he was not charged with anything at all. Anywhere. An inquiry initiated by Phillip Aspinall, Hollingworth's successor as archbishop did conclude that Hollingworth had allowed a known paedophile to continue working as a priest ten years earlier. As for the Statute of Limitations in the USA, you need to acquaint yourself with the facts. You'll discover that each state has its own statutes of limitations, and that they vary enormously even within the area of sex crimes.
Galaxian made no specific reference to the USA. So both examples are valid. Both had accusations dating back some 25 years or more. Obviously the self-described 'victims' felt so aggrieved that they waited till close to retirement to make their demands.

The Statute of Limitations used to be 6 years from reaching maturity. But that has now been replaced by judicial decree to mean longer that 25 years. So, the later a complaint is made, the more valid it is... as demonstrated by actual cases.

Peter Holingworth was accused of statutory rape while a young priest, by a woman hoping for a handout. The case was supposed to have happened in the 1960's, some 40 years earlier. The police had him in custody... on her word. He was lucky that a clerk in the church library looked at dusty records that went back to that date. On the night in question he was 600 kilometres away at a committee meeting. THAT is what the issue was, some 40 years earlier.

So I stand by what I said. The actual, operative Statute of Limitations is 25 years or longer, in most "civilized" countries :clap:
Hermit wrote:
Galaxian wrote:In modern feminism, the women want other women, and they do not want any men (their enemy) to have them. But I suppose that's a 'sexist' observation? :coffee:
Looks more like something a paranoid lunatic would conclude his incoherent rant with.
No. Looks like a very astute observation by a sane genius. Where you read 20 lines on a page, I read 39. That's my advantage! :zilla:
The true seeker looks for the truth wherever it may be and readily accepts it, without shame, without hope for reward and without fear of punishment._Sam Nejad
There's no Mercy. There's no Justice. There is only Natural Selection! _Galaxian
The more important a news item, the more likely that it's a hidden agenda disinformation_Galaxian
"This world of sheeple has no hope!" Thus just 13 years left before extinction by AI_ Galaxian

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:54 am

Yeah, but your font is 10pts larger.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:24 am

:lol:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:37 am

Galaxian wrote: No. Looks like a very astute observation by a sane genius. Where you read 20 lines on a page, I read 39. That's my advantage! :zilla:
Boy, I knew you were clever but a genius - I'm impressed. Hey guys we have a genius amongst us!

:hilarious:

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:22 pm

PENIS

there
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:37 pm

Galaxian wrote:
Hermit wrote:
Galaxian made no specific reference to the USA.
Except when you wrote:
Galaxian wrote:What makes you think that US society is a "sophisticated civilization" ? What gives you the idea that in Amerikkka issues of criminality are/should be treated with the utmost rigor & seriousness? After all, the first principle of US jurisprudence
before launching into your fact-free tirade involving "The Statute of Limitations".
Peter Holingworth was accused of statutory rape while a young priest, by a woman hoping for a handout. The case was supposed to have happened in the 1960's, some 40 years earlier. The police had him in custody
Hollingworth has never been taken into custody. There was no need, as the alleged victim's name does not appear on the lists of participants of the youth meetings at St John's Church, north Bendigo, and Hollingworth's name never appeared among any lists of people running it.
Galaxian wrote:The actual, operative Statute of Limitations is 25 years or longer, in most "civilized" countries
Citation needed. Or it would be if it wasn't for your nonsense that "the later a complaint is made, the more valid it is... as demonstrated by actual cases." The outcomes of actual cases are less likely a "guilty" verdict the more time has intervened.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:53 pm

..as a point of information the UK has no statute of limitations as such. There are some special exceptions for specific (and usually very minor) offences but certainly not of the type Savile and others were accused of.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:29 pm

Galaxian wrote:Where you read 20 lines on a page, I read 39. That's my advantage! :zilla:
You said it better than any of us could. You see things that don't exist!
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:34 pm

Actress body shames Harvey Weinstein: ‘He was grossly overweight, sweaty and wearing a T-shirt with his stomach protruding from it. I found him repulsive.’ -

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z4vm7bpl2G
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Nobody should ever be shamed for their body, and this criticism of him as "grossly" overweight perpetuates unhealthy attitudes toward body image. Also, everyone sweats. It's a natural human function. And, nobody should be criticized for their choice of clothing. Heavy people should not be shamed for wearing bare-midriff clothing.

Maybe poor Harvey had gone through life shamed and belittled for his weight, his bad (by our culture's arbitrary standards) looks, and his poor (by arbitrary cultural norms) fashion choices. Being found "repulsive" by women he saw attracted to others, poor, sad Harvey naturally saw his wealth and connections in Hollywood as his one way to win over the women he longed for, but who were always scornful and mocking of him before.

“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:47 pm

I've had a few fat sweaty cunts in my time...

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:49 pm

Dont mention them :ab:
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:08 pm

There is something to the fat-shaming theory.... Zoe Brock, a New Zealand model, claimed that she went willingly back to Harvey's hotel room one night, after a night of dinner and drinking. Once in the hotel room, Harvey, exhibiting some real nerve, just came out of a bedroom naked, and asked her if she'd give him a massage. She refused, and went into the bathroom, upset at being shown his big fat body, dick and balls included. He knocked on her door and pleaded with her to come out, and saying he'd put his clothes on. She came out, and he was crying like a little baby, saying that she rejected him because he was fat. Another instance of a beautiful woman body shaming poor Harvey. He, along with an assistant, then drove the model to another hotel.

A picture begins to emerge.... beautiful, desirable models, rejecting Harvey Weinstein because he does not meet western ideals of beauty standards and cultural norms of courtship behavior.....

Who's the real victim here?
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:33 pm

You have far too much time on your hands.. :lol: