The gay men turning to the far right in Germany

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Re: The gay men turning to the far right in Germany

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:38 am

Yeah, still not quite understanding why being left-leaning and gay-friendly makes one a bigot or a hypocrite etc? Perhaps Mr Dog will pop the declaratives aside and embark upon an exposition of a more explicatory nature if we ask him nicely.
pweeeease.png
pweeeease.png (314.26 KiB) Viewed 2253 times
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Strontium Dog
About me: Navy Seals are not seals

Post by Strontium Dog » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:24 pm

pErvin wrote:What the fuck are you talking about?? State terrorism and treatment of gay people have nothing to do with each other. It's possible to care about both issues. Caring about one, doesn't negate the other. :fp:
You're still not understanding my point.

Sure it's possible to simultaneously "care" about how Israel treats religious zealots dedicated to its destruction, and about how Israel's neighbours treat innocent gay people. However, the priorities of the left consistently demonstrate that they are far more concerned about the former than the latter.
100% verifiable facts or your money back. Anti-fascist. Enemy of woo - theistic or otherwise. Cloth is not an antiviral. Imagination and fantasy is no substitute for tangible reality. Wishing doesn't make it real.

"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear" - George Orwell

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Barry Goldwater

Strontium Dog

Post by Strontium Dog » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:30 pm

JimC wrote:Is gay marriage legal in Israel?
Not yet, but it's just a matter of time. Same-sex marriages performed abroad are recognised, and 8 out of 10 Israelis support legalisation.
JimC wrote:Certainly the Jewish fundamentalists are not gay-friendly...
You say that, but even 2 in 3 supporters of Naftali Bennett's party support legalising gay marriage.
100% verifiable facts or your money back. Anti-fascist. Enemy of woo - theistic or otherwise. Cloth is not an antiviral. Imagination and fantasy is no substitute for tangible reality. Wishing doesn't make it real.

"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear" - George Orwell

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Barry Goldwater

Strontium Dog

Post by Strontium Dog » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:33 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:Yeah, still not quite understanding why being left-leaning and gay-friendly makes one a bigot or a hypocrite etc?
As I say, it's about priorities. If you think gay-friendly Israel is a bigger criminal than its neighbours, who are executing gay people, then you are part of the problem.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:39 pm

Strontium Dog wrote:
pErvin wrote:What the fuck are you talking about?? State terrorism and treatment of gay people have nothing to do with each other. It's possible to care about both issues. Caring about one, doesn't negate the other. :fp:
You're still not understanding my point.

Sure it's possible to simultaneously "care" about how Israel treats religious zealots dedicated to its destruction, and about how Israel's neighbours treat innocent gay people. However, the priorities of the left consistently demonstrate that they are far more concerned about the former than the latter.
Of course they are, as it affects vastly more people.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:42 pm

Strontium Dog wrote:
Brian Peacock wrote:Yeah, still not quite understanding why being left-leaning and gay-friendly makes one a bigot or a hypocrite etc?
As I say, it's about priorities. If you think gay-friendly Israel is a bigger criminal than its neighbours, who are executing gay people, then you are part of the problem.
Fuck off. Israel is a state terrorist organisation. The very idea of that should be anathema to a so called liberal. Oppression of millions of people is never acceptable, no matter what pathetic red herrings you manage to throw up.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Strontium Dog

Post by Strontium Dog » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:43 pm

pErvin wrote:Of course they are, as it affects vastly more people.
But all people are not equal. For instance, the death of ten Isis fighters is not ten times more tragic than the death of Christopher Hitchens.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:44 pm

What the fuck are you on about now? Translating it seems to be: its OK to kill and oppress towel heads. :nono:
Last edited by pErvinalia on Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Strontium Dog

Post by Strontium Dog » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:44 pm

pErvin wrote:Oppression of millions of people is never acceptable, no matter what pathetic red herrings you manage to throw up.
The reason this is so funny is because Israel oppresses fewer people than any of its neighbours.

Thanks for proving my point, yet again.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:45 pm

You're off with the fairies.

Strontium Dog

Post by Strontium Dog » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:46 pm

pErvin wrote:What the fuck are you on about now? Translating it seems to be: its OK to kill and oppress towel heads. :nono:
I think you should stop "translating" perfectly clear statements, considering the ludicrous results you get on the other side.

Strontium Dog

Post by Strontium Dog » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:47 pm

pErvin wrote:You're off with the fairies.
I'd rather side with the fairies than Islamist zealots and murders.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:48 pm

False dichotomy. You conservatives are like a broken record. :roll:

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:52 pm

Strontium Dog wrote:
pErvin wrote:What the fuck are you on about now? Translating it seems to be: its OK to kill and oppress towel heads. :nono:
I think you should stop "translating" perfectly clear statements, considering the ludicrous results you get on the other side.
You equated the innocent people (including probably millions of children) oppressed and dehumanised by Israel, with ISIS fighters. Even with your penchant for ridiculous hyperbole that's a real eye opener. I suppose nothing should surprise me about someone who calls himself a liberal but supports a draconian state organisation that brutally oppresses people that are supposed to be under their care.

Strontium Dog

Post by Strontium Dog » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:05 pm

pErvin wrote:False dichotomy. You conservatives are like a broken record. :roll:
I was called a leftist the other day. Clearly I am doing something right.

Also, it's not a false dichotomy.