Hurricane Irma

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Re: Hurricane Irma

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:14 am

What's happened over there? I assume power is out across a lot of the state. I wonder when we'll hear from the Floridians..
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:20 am

That little fucker Harvey is reforming again and hitting Mexico - https://www.ventusky.com/?p=30.4;-91.0; ... 0170916/09. And Jake, or whatever his name is is heading towards New York! :o - https://www.ventusky.com/?p=30.4;-91.0; ... 0170920/09
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:51 am

Well José is going up the east coast. It could cut across the North Atlantic and head for Europe. There is the possibility of another hurricane forming.

"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:06 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:

...It could cut across the North Atlantic and head for Europe...
In that case, we'll see how well Dutch dykes perform... :tea:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:08 pm

JimC wrote:
Scot Dutchy wrote:

You can see that live in Amsterdam ...for a fee..

Sælir
The Obedient Wife

Post by Sælir » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:14 pm

Where the hell are they situated? West coast?

Well... I hope they survived :tea:
I´m just a delicate little flower!

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:21 pm

Sælir wrote:Where the hell are they situated? West coast?

Well... I hope they survived :tea:
Yes, I think they are both on the west coast. Lak (and family) was going to ride it out a bit inland, in the sturdy house of a friend. He should be fine, but it might be a bit iffy for his house & boat... Not sure of 42's plans...
And my gin!

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:22 pm

Rum wrote:
JimC wrote:
Scot Dutchy wrote:

:lol:
And my gin!

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:08 am

Rum wrote:
JimC wrote:
Scot Dutchy wrote:

:lol:

By the way, I've heard from lak on facebook a couple of times. He's survived it.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:10 am

The overwhelming majority of the population have survived it - but it's still good to know he and his tribe are secure enough to be able to post to FB. :tup:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:45 am

Hope his boat made it through as well...
And my gin!

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:59 am

All is copacetic. Houses and boats safe with only cosmetic damage. We literally dodged a fucking bullet. Landfall was predicted here or maybe Tampa Bay but at the last minute she jagged east and went inland. Instead of a big Cat 4 we got a Cat 2. Highest sustained winds around 85 with gusts to maybe 115, which we can weather without damage. Luckily it was a fast moving storm so the utterly incredible and frankly indescribable rainfall only lasted a couple of hours. I've never, ever seen anything like it, it was goddamned Biblical. Power went off yesterday afternoon and isn't back on yet, not even any estimates of when it will be restored. In the meantime we've got a generator that will keep the fridges and fans and lights going, but I think we'll just move onto the boat for a while. She's self-contained and there's weeks of fuel onboard, if you've an option to not be uncomfortable, hot, and sticky then take it.

I am tired beyond words. I've probably slept 6 hours in the last three days. I just want my goddamned air conditioner, a cold fucking beer, and a blowjob. Is that too much to fucking ask?

Hey 42, how'd you fare?
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:16 am

:woot: for Lak!

Come on 42, report in and make rEv happy! :hehe:
And my gin!

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:06 pm

laklak wrote:All is copacetic. Houses and boats safe with only cosmetic damage. We literally dodged a fucking bullet. Landfall was predicted here or maybe Tampa Bay but at the last minute she jagged east and went inland. Instead of a big Cat 4 we got a Cat 2. Highest sustained winds around 85 with gusts to maybe 115, which we can weather without damage. Luckily it was a fast moving storm so the utterly incredible and frankly indescribable rainfall only lasted a couple of hours. I've never, ever seen anything like it, it was goddamned Biblical. Power went off yesterday afternoon and isn't back on yet, not even any estimates of when it will be restored. In the meantime we've got a generator that will keep the fridges and fans and lights going, but I think we'll just move onto the boat for a while. She's self-contained and there's weeks of fuel onboard, if you've an option to not be uncomfortable, hot, and sticky then take it.

I am tired beyond words. I've probably slept 6 hours in the last three days. I just want my goddamned air conditioner, a cold fucking beer, and a blowjob. Is that too much to fucking ask?

Hey 42, how'd you fare?
Rejoice! For his is risen once more! :tup:

I watched the drama unfold on the NBC news feed and that was scary enough for me. I bet just the sound of the rain must have been tremendous, let alone the fact that you could have drowned standing up if you'd been out in it.

And as for blow job: remember, it is better to give than to receive. ;)
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:09 pm

I am proud to disappoint pErvin.

Irma gave good beating to some of the Florida Keys, Marco Island, and Naples. Obviously, all over the state, there are downed trees, power outages, and the like, with various persons getting whacked by the odd tornado generated by the hurricane as it moved along.

For the most part, though, the state fared very well. I took the precaution of boarding up the windows, and otherwise battening down the hatches. No damage here.

The media whipped everyone up into a frenzy and over-hyped it across the board, as usual. That is, relative to most of the state. Whoever took the direct hit at Cat - 3 or 4 got it good. I was driving right through the remainder of it yesterday morning. It came through Tampa, Lakeland, Orlando, Cape Canaveral area (midway up the state north-south-wise, and across the midsection) - it gave a good beating to the east coast (those with the northeastern quadrant - and did nothing much at all to the west-side.

I'm more on the west coast than Lak, and we did not even lose electricity. No big storm surges north of Fort Myers, I suspect.

It was scary looking on the television, but I can tell you this, the winds are not what they try to sell you on the t.v. When they say "125 mph" they are measuring from right at the eye-wall where it's hitting. Speeds drop dramatically as you go 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 and more miles off. Gusts are here and there, of course. But, when it was hitting Big Pine Key dead on, the winds in Miami were manageable.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar