It's Written on the Pyramids - So it Must be True

Alan B

It's Written on the Pyramids - So it Must be True

Post by Alan B » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:52 pm

New Zealand Herald, er, 'Technology' section...
Claims new planet 'about to destroy Earth' and clues written on pyramids
The world will end in a fiery collision in a matter of weeks if one conspiracy theorist is to be believed.
Christian numerologist David Meade has again warned that the mysterious planet "Nibiru" is about to smash into Earth.
According to his theory, the apocalypse will take place between September 20 and 23, and the clues are written on the pyramids and in the Bible.
The conspirator said: "It is very strange indeed that both the Great Sign of Revelation 12 and the Great Pyramid of Giza both point us to one precise moment in time - September 20 to 23, 2017.
"Is this the end of the Church Age and the transition to the Day of the Lord?
"There couldn't be two greater witnesses."
Meade thinks Nibiru, also known as Planet X, will become visible in the sky mid-September before it collides with our planet.
Meade this year made a September prediction using verses from the Bible, but he now claims the date is backed up by marking on the pyramids, the MailOnline reported.
Of the pyramid, he said: "It faces true north with only 3/60th of a degree of error and is at the centre of the land mass of the Earth.
"The east/west parallel that crosses the most land and the north/south meridian that crosses the most land intersect in two places on the Earth - one in the ocean and the other at the Great Pyramid."
Two tunnels set in the Great Pyramid will point to significant celestial objects after September 20, the conspiracy theorist claims.
He said the descending passage will point to the star Regulus - also known as the "King" - in the constellation Leo, and the ascending passage will point to Jupiter - known to the Jews as the "Planet of the Messiah".
As well as detailing markings on Egypt's pyramids, David's prediction is mostly based on the Bible passage Isaiah, Chapter 13, 9-10, which says: "See, the Day of the Lord is coming - a cruel day, with wrath and fierce anger - to make the land desolate and destroy the sinners within it.
:shock:
Ah, well. My car MOT is due next month. Will it be worth it?

Is the NZ Herald equivalent to the UK Daily Mail?
Absolute faith corrupts as absolutely as absolute power - Eric Hoffer.
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer proof nor do I have to determine absence of proof because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Re: It's Written on the Pyramids - So it Must be True

Post by Hermit » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:08 pm

That old chestnut again? The Wikipedia writes about the Nibiru cataclysm:
The idea that a planet-sized object will collide with or closely pass by Earth in the near future is not supported by any scientific evidence and has been rejected by astronomers and planetary scientists as pseudoscience and an Internet hoax.

The idea was first put forward in 1995 by Nancy Lieder, founder of the website ZetaTalk. Lieder describes herself as a contactee with the ability to receive messages from extraterrestrials from the Zeta Reticuli star system through an implant in her brain.
The NZ Herald is a reasonably good paper, but it does chase sales, and nothing works better than to cater for the lowest common denominator, at least occasionally. I've seen some utterly crappy articles in The Grauniad from time to time, but this does not lead me to conclude that it's on par with the Daily Fail.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:15 pm

The Independent in the UK also had a story about this, mostly devoted to debunking it. A quote from an earlier debunking of this recurring whackiness (2012):
There is no credible evidence - telescopic or otherwise - for this object's existence.

There is also no evidence of any kind for its gravitational effects upon bodies in our solar system.

I do however like the name Nibiru. If I ever get a pet goldflish (and I just may do that sometime in early 2013), Nibiru will be at the top of my list.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:08 pm

Do I have time to stock up on gin for one final binge?
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:08 pm

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

mistermack
About me: Never rong.

Post by mistermack » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:30 pm

I've read proper scientific articles about a giant planet that could be orbiting way way out, much farther than Pluto. So far out that it's gravitational effect is barely noticeable, and can only give a hint that there's something there, rather than a cast iron proof.

I don't have a link, but I didn't dream it.

However, if it's there, there is no chance of it hitting the Earth in the next few weeks. It would be incredibly far out, almost free of the Sun's influence, and no danger to Earth.
While there is a market for shit, there will be assholes to supply it.

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:34 pm

Perhaps that's the one that is hypothesised to occasionally perturb the Oort Cloud, and send some new comets plummeting towards the inner solar system...
And my gin!

mistermack
About me: Never rong.

Post by mistermack » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:38 pm

JimC wrote:Perhaps that's the one that is hypothesised to occasionally perturb the Oort Cloud, and send some new comets plummeting towards the inner solar system...
That sounds familiar.
While there is a market for shit, there will be assholes to supply it.

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:39 pm

I've forgotten its "name"

(inverted commas because it seems philosophically different to a name given to an observed object)
And my gin!

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:21 am

JimC wrote:I've forgotten its "name".
:whisper: The hulk carriers of our true Lizard Overlords that lurk amid the cold dust beyond our solar system don't have 'names' as we would understand - ask Galaxian, he knows what I mean.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:23 am

:hehe:
And my gin!

Galaxian
About me: Too old & too far away from the Beloved...

Post by Galaxian » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:09 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
JimC wrote:I've forgotten its "name".
:whisper: The hulk carriers of our true Lizard Overlords that lurk amid the cold dust beyond our solar system don't have 'names' as we would understand - ask Galaxian, he knows what I mean.
That's true, and most observant! On some planets, the civilizations do not give names to individual entities. On some they have names, much as on Earth. On others, the names change depending on the social situation...that is, the same Being will be addressed by different names, such as the German "du" & "zu", or on forums such as this. Some give group names. On a few, the concept of name or no name does not even arise, for example identification is visual, auditory, tactile, gustatory, olfactory, telepathically, etc, only (or some such sense). :td:
The true seeker looks for the truth wherever it may be and readily accepts it, without shame, without hope for reward and without fear of punishment._Sam Nejad
There's no Mercy. There's no Justice. There is only Natural Selection! _Galaxian
The more important a news item, the more likely that it's a hidden agenda disinformation_Galaxian
"This world of sheeple has no hope!" Thus just 13 years left before extinction by AI_ Galaxian

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:39 pm

Have you considered psychiatric intervention at all.?
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:06 pm

Actually, I think he is playing an elaborate charade for the lolz...
And my gin!

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:15 pm

He's quite good at it too. It is quite admirable in terms of keeping consistency and self discipline. I do wonder what the payoff is though. Nobody is going to start an expert troll/made up persona award thingy any time soon after all.

I guess at some point chuckling to himself over his coffee and cheese stained keyboard will wear thin.

Either that or he's bonkers of course.