We need to talk about Donald: cursing and swearing allowed

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Re: We need to talk about Donald: cursing and swearing allow

Post by Tero » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:11 am

Trump caves in: Opiate emergency to have plan

Members of Trump’s Domestic Policy Council, budget director Mick Mulvaney and former HHS Secretary Tom Price opposed the plan for months because of the multi-billion-dollar price tag, legal issues and questions about how it would be implemented, according to White House officials. Price argued that the government could respond efficiently without taking such a step.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:55 am

that is a common thing in politics... it's renewing an inefficient, lying sack of trash to an important office that I can't get. Personally, I wouldn't vote frump for dog catcher or ditch digger... so seeing him get to the Oval Office was kind of a surprise, and I just can't wrap myself around the idea that a guy with his track record would get a second investiture to run, let alone get the sheer votes to be reelected, it should be a field day for independents and dissident repugnican'ts...
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:39 pm

Only In America tm.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:51 pm

yeah, right, because france did not just elect a pretty good for nothing that's gonna govern it for the exclusive benefit of the financial elite...
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:03 pm

Svartalf wrote:that is a common thing in politics... it's renewing an inefficient, lying sack of trash to an important office that I can't get. Personally, I wouldn't vote frump for dog catcher or ditch digger... so seeing him get to the Oval Office was kind of a surprise, and I just can't wrap myself around the idea that a guy with his track record would get a second investiture to run, let alone get the sheer votes to be reelected, it should be a field day for independents and dissident repugnican'ts...
Back when I was at the old job and we had this...situation (we salaried staff had to do the hourly jobs with temps side by side)...I came to the elitist conclusion: not very intelligent, average people seem to be lacking something. There was a lazyness about doing tasks. But their whole attitude and even sense of humor was dull. I would say that they might vote on some tax related issue based on their working class status. But they were also very conservative, with fixed ideas on most things. The same they heard from their parents. No critical thinking.
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:54 pm

You talked to their parents? --fucking creeper

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:56 pm

It’s culture! You inherit your prejudice.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:57 pm

:lol:

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:56 pm

The fucktard who would be president strikes again:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41695667

The US President, Donald Trump, has sparked an angry backlash in the UK with a tweet linking a rise in the crime rate to "radical Islamic terror".

He said: "Just out report: 'United Kingdom crime rises 13% annually amid spread of Radical Islamic terror.' Not good, we must keep America safe!"

The Labour MP, Yvette Cooper, chair of the Commons Home Affairs Committee, accused Mr Trump of fuelling hate crime with his "ignorant" comments.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:35 pm

Only 3 more years 'til, hopefully, the US has a President and a government again.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:36 pm

56AADI2NBNG2ZN42UVY6WDCI2U.jpg
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:16 pm

Rum wrote:The fucktard who would be president strikes again:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41695667

The US President, Donald Trump, has sparked an angry backlash in the UK with a tweet linking a rise in the crime rate to "radical Islamic terror".

He said: "Just out report: 'United Kingdom crime rises 13% annually amid spread of Radical Islamic terror.' Not good, we must keep America safe!"

The Labour MP, Yvette Cooper, chair of the Commons Home Affairs Committee, accused Mr Trump of fuelling hate crime with his "ignorant" comments.
Brits commit hate crimes because Donald Trump says crime rose 13% annually "amid" the spread of Islamic terrorism?

There is a spread of Islamic terrorism, and some of that spread has been in the UK. Apparently, England and Wales crime rate did go up 13%.

What's ignorant, again? And, do people go out and commit hate crimes when they see that kind of tweet?
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:23 pm

An amazing level of incompetence is apparently the new norm for US foreign relations.

'Finally, We Learn Why Chad Is on the Travel Ban List. It’s Not Good.'
Ever since the Trump administration unveiled the latest edition of its travel ban on Sept. 24, many observers have been puzzled by the inclusion of Chad on the list. Chad was not previously known as a major source of anti-U.S. terror plots, at least no more than several countries that aren’t on the list, and is in fact considered an important regional counterterrorism partner of the U.S. We now know the answer—and it’s very dumb.

CBS reports that as part of its security review of traveler vetting procedures, the Trump administration had required countries to provide a sample of its passports to the Homeland Security Department for analysis. That was a problem for Chad, because the country had run out of passport paper:
Lacking the special passport paper, Chad's government couldn't comply, but offered to provide a pre-existing sample of the same type of passport, several U.S. officials said. It wasn't enough to persuade Homeland Security to make an exception to requirements the agency has been applying strictly and literally to countries across the globe, said the officials, who requested anonymity to discuss disagreements within the administration.
This was why the U.S. was willing to spurn a country that has hosted U.S. organized military exercises and is a major recipient of U.S. security aid, a move that might have contributed to Chad’s recent decision to withdraw hundreds of troops from neighboring Niger, where they had been part of the coalition fighting Boko Haram and where, as recent events make clear, the U.S. needs allies.

The issue is moot, for the moment, as the ban has been blocked by a federal court injunction just like its predecessors. But it should shred whatever remaining credibility the administration has in the criteria it uses to assemble these lists.

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:25 pm

(Edit: In response to 42 - one up from previous)

Crime went up by 13% - mostly due to greater poverty, fewer police around due to budget cuts and the like - in my view. maybe the 'climate' created by Brexit too.

A lot of the 'hate crime' increase was committed against jews, gays and of course some muslims. The increase was not in any significant way fuelled by 'islamic terror'. If you think they would 'amid' means he wasn't calling cause and effect then you are at best being ingenuous.

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:46 pm

Rum wrote:(Edit: In response to 42 - one up from previous)

Crime went up by 13% - mostly due to greater poverty, fewer police around due to budget cuts and the like - in my view. maybe the 'climate' created by Brexit too.

A lot of the 'hate crime' increase was committed against jews, gays and of course some muslims. The increase was not in any significant way fuelled by 'islamic terror'. If you think they would 'amid' means he wasn't calling cause and effect then you are at best being ingenuous.
amid: surrounded by; in the middle of.

The allegation was that the hate crimes were fueled by Trump's ignorant tweet. Yet, crime did go up 13%, and it was "amid" Islamic terrorism spreading around.

Wouldn't it be "ignorant" to say that Trump's tweet fuels hate crimes?
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar